Team-BHP - Chennai Team-BHP Meets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Chennai Team-BHP Meets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/37526-chennai-team-bhp-meets-105.html)

Guys, please no eating at spencer plaza. I do not like the food court there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1508259)
OK, this is how it stands for the city meet at present. Venue : HSB (yet to decide whether the one mentioned by headers / bblost). Date & Time : Friday 2nd October, 6.00 P.M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiery enzyme (Post 1508265)
1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
3.Nitrous (did not bother to ask cuz I know our man and his mistress would be there)
4.2themax (assuming that if you are in for the catamaran thing you would be in for pondy as well)
5.Esteem_lover (just an assumption - u need to validate that john)
6.Sutta Kambi aka Hot Rod aka Lightning Rod aka @#!%@ aka @&#*$#:D
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari
13. Fiery Enzyme

Just to complicate things, I vote that the Pondy contingent leaves Madras at 6 pm on Friday evening.

</joke>

Quote:

Originally Posted by pras.oct25 (Post 1508267)
Guys, please no eating at spencer plaza. I do not like the food court there.

Don't worry, the venue is not yet finalised. BTW your name finds a place in both city as well as Pondy lists!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pras.oct25 (Post 1507784)
Your idea of a long drive isnt driving from annanagar to rk salai is it? What do the guys like me who stay on the next road do? Drive till anna nagar, then drive back?

Thank you prasanna!

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_head (Post 1507870)
@ Vikram - dont you think its time for an RK salai drag to reinstate your superiority on home turf?:D maybe we can go pay a visit to those exotics after that

You bet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1507981)
I propose a city meet at the Saravanabhavan mentioned by Headers on Friday (02.10.09) evening, for those who are not going to Pondy. And for everyone, if the Pondy plans do not fructify. Those in favour please add you name and highlight it.

1. Gansan
2. rr_zen.
3. para_7k (Please confirm)
4. headers
5. bblost

Sorry Gansan, I'm NOT in the HSB meet!

And BTW, that post of mine was not to be taken so seroiously!

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1508605)
Thank you prasanna!

Your welcome :D Nothing like an opportunity to create some confusion in the ranks clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1507725)
Don't tell me we are going to meet at the local nair kada & have chai. Is this what T-BHP meets have come to ?

Meeting you guys for chai would be great for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi10 (Post 1508052)
I am not in favor of city meets too. First of all there are not many such places in City to accomodate so many cars. Secondly, if we go in for city meets what difference does that make from your regular day-to-day drives (apart from meeting some sweet people:D).

Vasantha Bhavan in Mylapore has a car park behind, and their security guys would have huge smiles on their faces at Rs.5 each per car! They are also more easy going than Saravanah Bhavan, who are rather keen on getting the next table-full of people in. Another place that has a big car park (coincidentally) is Vasantha Bhavan on 100-foot road --- although the area is pretty dire, unless one happens to want to buy granite, tiles, or taps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1508171)
[re: Green Meadows] I think you mean Palavakkam and not Pallavaram. It need not necessarily be Saravanabhavan.

Correct. Not far from where I live :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1507917)
+1 to that! A meet need not necessarily mean a drive meet, though it is more enjoyable. Let a city meet too have a place in the scheme of things, to accommodate everyone.

I second that. A city meet can be organised relatively easier than a long drive meet, I suppose. The idea of having a meet is to associate names/handles to faces and rejuvenate the good relationship that we already have.

@Gansan: Making it for a meet on a Friday may be a problem for me as am a nocturnal person and my weekend starts only after 11 PM on a Friday please:

Thisz for the Pondi...

1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
3.Nitrous (did not bother to ask cuz I know our man and his mistress would be there)
4.2themax (assuming that if you are in for the catamaran thing you would be in for pondy as well)
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari
13. Fiery Enzyme

I think we can also count it nitrous, Headers, Esteem_Lover, Bakiya (+1) (ppl, pls "bold" yourselves up :) )

As for in-city meets, that happens every weekend- though not as an entire gang. Last weekend it was me, nitrous, pras.oct85 and sutta kambi having dinner- today it was me, nitrous, bakiya ICEing my car... but ya, I get the idea- keep me posted, I will drop in if possible (read work n stuff allowing)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1508781)
Thisz for the Pondi...

1.Petrol_head
2.Headers
7.Pras Oct
8.Phoenix
9.Perakath
10.Neoranjit
11.Bakiya_2k12
12.Mission_Safari
13. Fiery Enzyme

I think we can also count it nitrous, Headers, Esteem_Lover, Bakiya (+1) (ppl, pls "bold" yourselves up :) )

As for in-city meets, that happens every weekend- though not as an entire gang. Last weekend it was me, nitrous, pras.oct85 and sutta kambi having dinner- today it was me, nitrous, bakiya ICEing my car... but ya, I get the idea- keep me posted, I will drop in if possible (read work n stuff allowing)...

If we are car pooling, I'm bringing my car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiery enzyme (Post 1508817)

If we are car pooling, I'm driving everyone's car :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiery enzyme (Post 1508817)

+1 - My rocket is riding too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perakath (Post 1508844)
If we are car pooling, I'm driving everyone's car :p

:Shockked: lol:

@Mi10: Absolutely agree on the Mahabs meet. We will do this for sure. Perhaps monthly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1508860)
+1 - My rocket is riding too :)

Yup. We can go in with the diesels. I guess that would mean phoenix, me and bakiya.
No one touches my babe. Shes all mine! :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1507936)
if the meet is on or before Friday I might be able to join.

@bblost, what time will you be leaving on Saturday? Perhaps a lunch meet on Saturday will be fine for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1508770)
@Gansan: Making it for a meet on a Friday may be a problem for me as am a nocturnal person and my weekend starts only after 11 PM on a Friday please:

Don't you wish to meet our man from Hyderabad? It is mainly to include him that I proposed Friday. Let us see how it evolves.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1508633)
Vasantha Bhavan in Mylapore has a car park behind, and their security guys would have huge smiles on their faces at Rs.5 each per car! They are also more easy going than Saravanah Bhavan, who are rather keen on getting the next table-full of people in. :)

This should be perfectly fine, if the food will be OK.

So how are things placed- we hardly have a day to fix things up :)