Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 15:03   #16
BHPian

Hey I'm new to this group and looking forward to meet Chennai tbhp members. I'm Ok for 5/6th weekend
Old 28th March 2008, 15:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB
Mahi thambi, are married guys not even allowed to watch chicks of the feathered kind ?
So, U've given up on bird-watching the non-feathered chicks?
Old 28th March 2008, 15:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

So, we first had (still have, though he is in Cattle Country currently) a mail4ajo and now we have a mail4loys. Welcome aboard man. What do you drive, BTW ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
So, U've given up on bird-watching the non-feathered chicks?
What ? No way. Not in this life atleast.

O.T. : BTW, the mods (spoiler & 185/70/R13) you recommended (via SMS) have been in my thoughts for sometime now. The tyres will have to wait till the current ones are worn, which looks like a long time away, because even at 23K kms, they look like new. The spoiler, I am looking out for.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 28th March 2008 at 15:27.
Old 28th March 2008, 15:39   #19
BHPian

Mod: Please delete my previous post

Fors Ikon 1.6. though i was frequently visiting this forum for the past 1-and-a-half years, i started to be active after i bought Kinetic Flyte !
Old 28th March 2008, 15:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I would prefer this option, since I have always wanted to go to the top of the Tirusulam hill. I think some off-roading should also be possible on the way .

Can we also have some date options? The Apr 5/6th weekend is Ok for me; or if this date is too early for someone to decide, then we could have it at the 12/13 weekend.
I have been to the Tirusulam hills, but I have gone on a bike and not on a car. The view from the top is fabulous. Many shootings(TV & film) and also the other variety takes place there. There is a govt. signal station on top and nobody's allowed there. But on the other side there is a huge banyan tree and some ruins on top and a good view of the whole city. The view is better than St.Thomas mount view as this hill is taller.

I particularly liked seeing the GST road, airport runway and the railway line on the same parallels. But sometimes people are not allowed to go on top by the police, esp if some crime had taken place recently.

My last visit to the place was 4-5 years back, so don't know the status now.

Regarding the dates, I am game for April 5-6.

Anand.S
Old 28th March 2008, 16:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys
Ford Ikon 1.6.
Hmmm. Now that is interesting because that is one car we did not have among the Chennai tbhp-ians. Look forward to seeing you and the 1.6 at the next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo
I have been to the Tirusulam hills, but I have gone on a bike and not on a car. The view from the top is fabulous. But on the other side there is a huge banyan tree and some ruins on top and a good view of the whole city. The view is better than St.Thomas mount view as this hill is taller.
Now trisulam is getting to be an interesting place to visit. Maybe we can do it Sunday evening (after the sun gets a little mild) say reach there by 4PM, spend an hour or so there and then carry on with the meet at some watering hole. What say, guys ?
Old 28th March 2008, 17:21   #22
BHPian

isnt April 5-6 F1 weekend ?
Old 28th March 2008, 20:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am ready for a meet as long as we do less driving and more meeting.
I dont mind a 50-70kms drive though. Weekends preferred.

I have been on the trisulam hills on bike when I was back in college. Amazing place. The people residing in that area came out to watch as it was 16 bikes together. I think parking may be an issue.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Fors Ikon 1.6.
Ford Ikon 1.6 right ? That one word is enough man, a great crowd puller, please bring it on to the next drive, i wanna pit it against my old carb esteem. I do hope you are old enough to drive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
There is a govt. signal station on top and nobody's allowed there.
Well, that could be circumvented, if it is really worth the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
isnt April 5-6 F1 weekend ?
man, F1 is there all weekend, right ???
find a good place to include F1 action too.
Old 29th March 2008, 08:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The tyres will have to wait till the current ones are worn, which looks like a long time away, because even at 23K kms, they look like new. The spoiler, I am looking out for.
SB: Gimme your car for a week and then you can change tyres to your hearts content :

And coming to Tirusulam, there is nothin great there..I go thru that road everyday .. max you could spend 30 mins there.. no off road spots too..but you could do downhill on a bike..have done that on my hero puch in 89!

St. thomas mount is better place to meet up..[atleast car park is available at the top]

We could do both too!

And if F1 is there, schedule it around the F1, I wanna see Kimi WIN
Old 29th March 2008, 10:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sb, this is more to decide on the April meet & have suggestions for the May drive. Getting chennai annas to participate in one thread is something & getting them to post in 2 different threads would be something else as you would know by now.
LOL yea,
but I think it is best to keep two threads buddy!

One for the MAS meet.
One for the TwinCity Meet - yelagiri may be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Yes, you can go up. The road next to trisulam railway station will lead you there. The view is good but .. With the summer peaking day by day, how long will we stay there and enjoy the view is something you would have to think about.
After 5:30, The Sun goes down, and it will be a treat to watch the runway with Blue lights! lets pln this. Some one confirm driving to the top and enuf parking space is available or not?

Quote:
Do you still think that way, John ? Especially after the awesome participation for our last meet and the way that thread went to some 20-odd pages (a first for a Chennai tbhp meet, I think).

Mahi thambi, are married guys not even allowed to watch chicks of the feathered kind ?
I strongly condemn!

Last edited by theMAG : 29th March 2008 at 12:30. Reason: Use the same post to manage content for upto 20 minutes
Old 29th March 2008, 12:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

So, what is the F1 schedule like on 5th/6th? We can plan around the F1 timings and maybe plan on watching it too after/before the meet.

Trisulam or St.Thomas Mt or Vedanthangal or WDI, I am OK with any place. As vikram said no parking issues at St.Thomas Mt.
So, organrisers finalise the time. Sat traffic being what it is, it would be better to have this on Sunday, so that we can enjoy the drive.

ajo, welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
SB: Gimme your car for a week and then you can change tyres to your hearts content
Annnnaaaa, please spare my BlackBeauty the torture.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 29th March 2008 at 12:21.
Old 29th March 2008, 12:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

The day you get 185 tyres and that spoiler i talked about, you will be knighted here,SB.
Give your tyres to Headers and watch the tread disappear with his "late braking" skills.
Old 29th March 2008, 13:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The day you get 185 tyres and that spoiler i talked about, you will be knighted here,SB.
Give your tyres to Headers and watch the tread disappear with his "late braking" skills.
Only 185, come on SB needs atleast 205, Spoilers spoil the car dont go for it unless you have your rear lifting!!

Quote:
So, what is the F1 schedule like on 5th/6th? We can plan around the F1 timings and maybe plan on watching it too after/before the meet.
Race is at 1700 hrs on Sunday! So we could wind up before that .. ?

Quote:
Trisulam or St.Thomas Mt or Vedanthangal or WDI, I am OK with any place. As vikram said no parking issues at St.Thomas Mt.
Plus being a Sunday, you could watch BIRDS!!

Quote:
So, organrisers finalise the time. Sat traffic being what it is, it would be better to have this on Sunday, so that we can enjoy the drive . and the birds!
Quote:
ajo, welcome back.
Yup ajo..where have you been?

Quote:
Annnnaaaa, please , I'll gladly give you my BlackBeauty
Thanks SB, I knew you were sportive..!

Last edited by headers : 29th March 2008 at 13:39.
Old 29th March 2008, 16:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

how about senji fort ?

Most Viewed