Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 11:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Last edited by nitrous : 20th May 2008 at 11:20. Reason: Apt?
Old 20th May 2008, 13:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Whoa! Scaryyyyyyy! Is that the Arabian version of the Yeti?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
More like the Arabian Version of "Anniyan" (or Aparichit for you folks up North). Imagine my reaction when I ring the bell and this... this... this guy opens the door!!!
And the answer is..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Zak is in DXB?
Old 20th May 2008, 13:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

We met briefly at my home last night over Burgers, Pizza, PS3 and Windows Vista.

It had to be a quick one since Sideways is leaving for Chennai tonite. Zak offered to come down to DXB and for once he was actually on-time. We also found the reason why he is dressed like a muttawa - the mullah is trying to hide the extra flab on his body.

Shortly afterwards, Farhaan (Sideways) arrived after all his business meetings and badly needed to send out some mails. Tried in vain to configure his laptop to connect to my WiFi network and nobody could make it work.

Soon Vinayak (Wheeler) arrived and since he worked for Emirate's IT wing, he was given the task of connecting the PC to the wireless network. Several minutes later, we decided to forget the wireless and had the laptop online using an ethernet adapter (wired). Sensing an opportunity for Free IT Support, Farhaan proceeded to dump all his computing woes on Wheeler, who spent the rest of the night trying to fix Farhaan's Dell.

We convinced Farhaan to try Burger King over McDonalds and ordered double whoppers for the meat eaters (4 including Duboy) and Pizza for the veggies (me, myself and I). After dinner he proceeded to explain why a Mac Quarter-Pounder was better than a BK Double Whopper. Zak and Duboy disagreed and held that BK was anyday better than the Big Mac.

Spent some time driving around Suzuka and Eiger Nordwand on the PS3 and talked about laptops and stuff. We made a note to inform Finney that GT5 does not feature a FIAT -Built Like A Tank(TM) even though it features a Suzuki Swift. We also commented on how realistic the whole game was - all the Hondas always sounded like they were stuck in the wrong gear, exactly as they sound on a real track with their engines screaming for revvs while others cruise around. The VW Golf GTi sounded authentic from engine to exhaust note.

Split at around 2 am with The Wheeler offering to drop of The Zak and The Sideways.

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th May 2008 at 14:06.
Old 21st May 2008, 00:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Another pic of the Dementor that stalked my apartment yesterday: From L to R, Dementor, a perplexed Wheeler and Farhaan explaining his laptop issues to the IT Guy.

Team-BHP Meets in Dubai & the Middle East-image00001.jpg

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st May 2008 at 00:43.
Old 21st May 2008, 00:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

I didnt know Zak had a makeshift job of a GrimReaper
Old 21st May 2008, 13:24   #21
Joz
BHPian

Eeewww. The Dementor is scary! How long is the dementor out there? I should be there soon. Scheduled to be there by 31st/ 1st and will be there for a week.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I didnt know Zak had a makeshift job of a GrimReaper
This is the first thing that came to my mind after I saw that pic (Zak, Sideways & Wheeler). All that is missing is the Scythe.
Old 21st May 2008, 15:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

So sorry. I just couldn't resist!

Team-BHP Meets in Dubai & the Middle East-image00001.jpg

Team-BHP Meets in Dubai & the Middle East-dsc_3004.jpg
Old 21st May 2008, 16:22   #24
BHPian

Ashok, the first photo looks really believable!
Old 21st May 2008, 16:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Eeewww. The Dementor is scary! How long is the dementor out there?
The Dementor has made a permanent move to this part of the world...we're about to equip him with a Toyota FJ Cruiser, though I believe a hearse would be a more suitable vehicle.
Old 21st May 2008, 16:53   #26
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The Dementor has made a permanent move to this part of the world...we're about to equip him with a Toyota FJ Cruiser, though I believe a hearse would be a more suitable vehicle.
Super news indeed and perfect timing mallu mullah! See guys soon. And I have a rather long list of mean machines which could i could equip myself with. We shall pick the most impractical of the options!
Old 21st May 2008, 17:36   #27
BHPian

I had a fantastic time, thanx for the hospitality Steer, much appreciated, and a big thank you to Vinayak for sorting out my Vista Woes and for going out of your way to drop me back home.

Steer and Zak were in the middle of a photo shoot when I entered and I got totally physched.

I am back on the 1st of June guys and there for about 2 weeks, so we have enough time to organise a bigger meet.
Old 21st May 2008, 17:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
For real?

Nice one Hydra!
Old 21st May 2008, 18:49   #29
BANNED

Thanks for all the comparisons guys!
For once, all my poor IMITATIONS would be proud from now!

It was a good casual quickie meet. As usual, I asked Steer to call Farhan to find out his plans. He gave me a call back in 5 minutes informing his early departure and we planned for this brief meeting at his residence cum shopping mall cum gaming arena cum wireless hotspot!
Yes! That's how it all started. Then.. LOL.. LOL.. LOL..

The answer to the hottest topic that night is yet to be answered and we can find it soon when everybody is back here on the first week of June. And if the Quarter pound or what so ever is going to fail our expectations, then We are all going to laugh all the way to Burger King! :dementor smilie:

To all those who came late,
I arrived here in UAE last week for some business matters. And now it seems like I'll have to spend more time here and will be visiting India once or twice every month. I'm not going to be a permanent one anywhere as usual! He he he....
Old 21st May 2008, 20:53   #30
BHPian

It was good to meet up with you guys. Lets plan something for the next meet.

@hydra, those pictures are really wicked!!!

Last edited by wheeler : 21st May 2008 at 20:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks