Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Such a lovely event and almost zero Team-BHP participation.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Such a lovely event and almost zero Team-BHP participation.
Apparently not everyone who owns a maruti could partcipate. This was for a select bunch of people who were invited. ( cars that were past the 3rd free service or something like that ) .

I was told " its for A star " customers. Some Maruti terminology. If you can decode that, let me know
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a Maruti's "Crowd control" technique to me.
I would like Praveen's say on how he got to participate.
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:11   #19
BHPian

Last year they did this rally for SX4 owners only where they have to complete the checkout point.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Apparently not everyone who owns a maruti could partcipate. This was for a select bunch of people who were invited. ( cars that were past the 3rd free service or something like that ) .

I was told " its for A star " customers. Some Maruti terminology. If you can decode that, let me know
No invite nothing. Maybe other participants were invited, but certainly not me,and a few that i know. I dont even own a Maruti car. Got hold of my friends car(2 weeks old swift, no service done) and went there. AFAIK no registration is required. I just went there, and they immediately rounded the car in the basement parking and stuck the numbers and gave decleration & participation forms. They didnt even ask me if i had come for the rally LOL.

But I do have to agree that there was not much promotion about this event. Maybe it's Maruti crowd control as nitrous mentioned!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Last year they did this rally for SX4 owners only where they have to complete the checkout point.
Last year they conducted the same rally as this year. They called it "Wheels of Fortune", and I went last time too.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
No invite nothing. Maybe other participants were invited, but certainly not me,and a few that i know. I dont even own a Maruti car. Got hold of my friends car(2 weeks old swift, no service done) and went there. AFAIK no registration is required. I just went there, and they immediately rounded the car in the basement parking and stuck the numbers and gave decleration & participation forms. They didnt even ask me if i had come for the rally LOL.

But I do have to agree that there was not much promotion about this event. Maybe it's Maruti crowd control as nitrous mentioned!!

Last year they conducted the same rally as this year. They called it "Wheels of Fortune", and I went last time too.
Any photos?. My dad owns two Marutis and we got one serviced two weeks ago at Khivraj Motors. No one there mentioned anything about a rally!.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Any photos?. My dad owns two Marutis and we got one serviced two weeks ago at Khivraj Motors. No one there mentioned anything about a rally!.
Yes nick, there was not much promotion for the event. I got the info through word of mouth from my friends neighbout who works for Khivraj. I have no idea how there were about 100 cars. Maybe they do some lucky draw and invite select people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks