Team-BHP - Delhi/NCR - Monsoon Meetup
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Delhi/NCR - Monsoon Meetup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/41136-delhi-ncr-monsoon-meetup.html)

So the monsoons are here and its gonna be a month since we last met.

So dates & venues please. cheers:

And whoever confirms, please be reminded that this is monsoon time, that it might rain, traffic might go bad, sky may fall at the time of the meetup, but the meetup will still go on and if you have confirmed we would be expecting you there.

Think twice before confirming. Every time you ditch us, spoils your reputation on board. I would personally request posts from KD should not be entertained on this thread.

And would request members not to mention Gurgaon/Noida as venues. Central Delhi, South Delhi and Faridabad are feasible options.

Too many conditions.. And how has KD rubbed you the wrong way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 867477)

And whoever confirms, please be reminded that this is monsoon time, that it might rain, traffic might go bad, sky may fall at the time of the meetup, but the meetup will still go on and if you have confirmed we would be expecting you there.

Think twice before confirming. Every time you ditch us, spoils your reputation on board. I would personally request posts from KD should not be entertained on this thread.

And would request members not to mention Gurgaon/Noida as venues. Central Delhi, South Delhi and Faridabad are feasible options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 867502)
Too many conditions.. And how has KD rubbed you the wrong way?

Arrey Dada, let Suman Da come and he will tell you about KD and his Deeds.

Don't worry about the conditions, they are just to keep Monsoon Ditches or ditchers away. stupid:

This time i will definitely come
100 %

Same feelings here, too many conditions, and too many restrictions.

Not going to work that way. Its a meet, not a business talk. and whats wrong with Gurgaon as venue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 867477)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 867627)
Same feelings here, too many conditions, and too many restrictions.

Not going to work that way. Its a meet, not a business talk. and whats wrong with Gurgaon as venue

Arrey Yaar, what condition you can see, is an elaborate way to say, that "please do not ditch". What restrictions are there, other that "please do not ditch".

Gurgaon/Noida never work because for Noida guys going to Gurgaon is pain and for Gurgaon guys, going to Noida is pain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 867645)
Arrey Yaar, what condition you can see, is an elaborate way to say, that "please do not ditch". What restrictions are there, other that "please do not ditch".

Gurgaon/Noida never work because for Noida guys going to Gurgaon is pain and for Gurgaon guys, going to Noida is pain.

Shashank, my point is, you made it so strict, that even if somebody has 50% probability of coming, he/she will hesitate to show the willingness to come.

Bottom line, there will be lots of people who want to come but may have to drop because of some reason or other. There is nothing wrong it.

I think we need to put an end date for decision few days before the meet, and do a roll call on end date. 50% probability might become 100% or 0%.

So people can confirm now and rethink by the end date.

I understood your Gurgaon/Noida point, so you are right there :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 867680)
Shashank, my point is, you made it so strict, that even if somebody has 50% probability of coming, he/she will hesitate to show the willingness to come.

Bottom line, there will be lots of people who want to come but may have to drop because of some reason or other. There is nothing wrong it.

I think we need to put an end date for decision few days before the meet, and do a roll call on end date. 50% probability might become 100% or 0%.

So people can confirm now and rethink by the end date.

The bookings have to be made. Even though we have been able to scrape through, but it gets very 'exciting', sitting there with 5 other people and hoping that atleast 20 turn up.

Anyhow, I guess you suggestion is also valid here, lets keep a cut off date date of 5 days before the scheduled date.

But again, there is nothing we can do about ditchers, other then making them realize out mental status, and how irritating it can get.

But first lets set a date, and then there is point in discussing confirmations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 867680)

Most places require a minimum guarantee (by way of minimum number of people). If the minimum guarantee is not met eventually, the cost has to be shared by the people actually there.

So the idea is, do not confirm unless you're sure. Based on the "definite" confirmations, the place is booked & the minimum guarantee is made. So I would say it is wrong to confirm unless you're 100% sure........last time around, we did a headcount two days before the meet & then on the evening of the meet we had at least four 100% confirmed people drop out - it does matter if you are on the borderline.cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 867729)
Most places require a minimum guarantee (by way of minimum number of people). If the minimum guarantee is not met eventually, the cost has to be shared by the people actually there.

So the idea is, do not confirm unless you're sure. Based on the "definite" confirmations, the place is booked & the minimum guarantee is made. So I would say it is wrong to confirm unless you're 100% sure........last time around, we did a headcount two days before the meet & then on the evening of the meet we had at least four 100% confirmed people drop out - it does matter if you are on the borderline.cheers:

Suman, I guess thats why I said, lets have roll call some days before meet. I think one do not have to book a week in advance. 2-3 days of lead time for booking is enough.

Or you suggest that one who is interested, may come, but not sure, should not come to this thread and show his/her interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 867741)
Suman, I guess thats why I said, lets have roll call some days before meet. I think one do not have to book a week in advance. 2-3 days of lead time for booking is enough.

Hi, maybe you didn't read my post. Last time, we confirmed only a couple of days before. Despite that, on the last day, four members who were 100% sure that they'd make it, dropped out.

Normally, we have options of Yes, No & Maybe. So I'm saying (and I guess that Shashank means the same) that do not say "Yes" unless you're 100% sure. The "Yes" or "Definite" category is what we consider when we look at the minimum guarantee.

I may sound a bit mean and miserly, but can't those 100% confirmed members be made to pay (once the place is booked) if they fail to turn up and the attending members have to pay extra?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 867747)
Hi, maybe you didn't read my post. Last time, we confirmed only a couple of days before. Despite that, on the last day, four members who were 100% sure that they'd make it, dropped out.

Normally, we have options of Yes, No & Maybe. So I'm saying (and I guess that Shashank means the same) that do not say "Yes" unless you're 100% sure. The "Yes" or "Definite" category is what we consider when we look at the minimum guarantee.

OK Saar, I rest my case. :)

I am in MAYBE category right now, Depending on location venue and date I will confirm.

It will be great if do it on weekends (in June if all agrees). last time also it happened on friday and I was sure that something will trap me in office late. So had to backout and I was in office till night 12:00.

If its in delhi, please make it on weekend.

Shashank, dates please....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 867755)
I may sound a bit mean and miserly, but can't those 100% confirmed members be made to pay (once the place is booked) if they fail to turn up and the attending members have to pay extra?

Heh-heh Sumit, gotta get hold of them first;). In any case, we eventually crossed the minimum guarantee because a lot of first timers & some of the regulars eventually landed up.

But, trust me, we were initially doing quite a bit of mental maths for the first hour & a half because it seriously appeared like we'd be a few numbers short.

(OT:I think we finally managed to make one of the "ditchers" feel guilty though - he's gone on a pilgrimage to see the Golden Temple:D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 867747)

That was the drift ;).

Anyhow, for weekends, we have 21st and 28th (Saturdays) left this month...so lets vote guys, who wants what, I guess this time I will go for a Saturday, because a lot of members have been shouting Saturday for quite some time now as they cannot attend on a weekday in any case.

So who wants Saturday ? and who wants Friday ?