Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:04   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I'm now waiting for Hrishikesh to confirm.
Confirmed Saar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Just heard a rumor that a certain OTR tested 4x4 safari is planning to join this D R I V E.
Confirmed.
  1. nikkibike / cochin / Family / NV / 3 / 4x2 UV
  2. drpullockaran / thrissur or calicut / Family / NV / 4 / Hatchback
  3. prabhuav / bangalore / Family / WEADA / 5 / 4x2 UV
  4. Steeroid / thrissur / Single / Veg / 1 / 4x4 UV
  5. khan_sultan / bangalore / Family / Veg / 2 / 2x2 Legs
  6. sreerajunnithan / bangalore / Shared / NV / 3 / 4x4 UV
  7. MaserQ / calicut / Shared / WEADA / 1 / Sedan
  8. aravindwarrier / thrissur / friends / NV / 3 / 4x2 UV or hatch
  9. quicksilver / (thrissur ?) coimbatore / Shared / NV / 1 / Sedan
  10. iraghava / (thrissur ?) coimbatore / Shared / WEADA / 1 / tagging along
  11. kb100 / bangalore / Shared / WEADA / 1 / tagging along
  12. kpbolero (subject to confirmation) / (thrissur ?) coimbatore
  13. hrag / Bangalore / Shared / WEADA / 1 / 4x4 UV
The 2x2 Legs will be coming with me.
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:43   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
I am IN. Let me see if any other BHPians from Cbe can join up. I will be driving in a sedan so will hitch a ride with Steer while going off road.
silver what route you guys taking to wayanad. when do you start when do u come back
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Thinking of coming but cannot say until friday. Definately not in GYPSY shanawaz.
Pity that the mighty Gypsy will not make it. Time to reclaim then..
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:54   #109
BHPian

I am from WYNAD , I will be able to help you guys .
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:22   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

@Baleno7811: Why don't you join us for the meet man?

@MaserQ: Please put up a detailed FINAL agenda soon. The meeting point/time etc etc.

Cheers,
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:36   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt View Post
silver what route you guys taking to wayanad. when do you start when do u come back
Either the Thrissur-Calicut route so we can meet up with the Kerala BHPians or the Sathy-Thimbam-Gundulpet route (shortest in terms of time taken, I believe) so we can meet up with the bangy boys enroute. Everything depends on the agenda really and how early we need to be in Wayanad.

The current plan is to leave Cbe by early morning on Saturday (6th Feb) and return by late evening on Sunday (7th Feb). Currently we have 3 members confirmed and a further 2 awating confirmation (mostly in).
Old 4th February 2009, 12:35   #112
Senior - BHPian

Folks...are we ready to roll or what?! Was in Wayanad yesterday and I must say, it has set the tone for the weekend that lies ahead. Just driving up the excellent ghat roads from calicut did it for me!

The roads from Calicut all the way to Kalpetta are in very good condition. Bangalore-Kalpetta too is decent, with just a few bad patches before Bandipur.

Since we have members starting from Cochin, Coimbatore, Thrissur, Calicut and Bangalore, I would suggest all to set your alarm clocks reasonably early on 7th February so as to reach Woodlands Hotel, Kalpetta by 2PM. This will give us ample time to rest and still make good use of daylight later on.

You will not miss the Hotel as it is smack bang in the middle of town. Just look for Woodlands Hotel/Foodcourt on the Kalpetta town main road. For those of you who know Green Gates Hotel or Haritagiri, it is just after that if you are coming from Bangalore.

Again, since we have members assembling from various starting points, I would request you to have lunch on the way or in the restaurant/foodcourt at our hotel if you so wish.

We are making arrangements for a dinner buffet (included in stay) and if you have any food preferences (other than Veg/NV) and/or special arrangements for the young ones, please let me know and I shall talk to the hotel management.

We are all booked in comfortable non-a/c rooms. The accomodation cost is Rs.600/person on a three sharing basis (including buffet dinner/bed coffee/breakfast). Apart from your personal expenses like fuel, please keep aside Rs.400 for food and other miscellaneous expenses per adult. Will give the full breakup in the final D R I V E programme.

Also, we need a Chief Financial Officer for the D R I V E. I admit it. Five years of accounting studies have not helped one bit!

I shall bring along housie and tambola for the ladies. Bhpians who tire of car/bike talk can participate too. Hehe..

For the moment, the hotel management does not organise camp fires. I am talking to nearby hotels to see if we can arrange something. If nothing we can hire the board room at our hotel (nominal amount) for the festivities.

As for our starting points, can I ask khan_sultan, Steeroid, nikkibike and quicksilver to please co-ordinate with people starting from Bangalore, Thrissur, Cochin and Coimbatore respectively. Will PM contact numbers of all concerned shortly.

I shall be starting from Calicut. Can meet the Cochin gang on the Calicut Byepass for refreshments before setting off to Wayanad. Thrissur group can join too if they plan on taking this route. We may have a few Calicut bhpians joining us too.

Once in Wayanad, we plan to do Tholpetty Wildlife Reserve, Chembra Peak, Pookod Lake, Edakkal Caves etc.

The final programme? Coming up shortly...
Old 4th February 2009, 13:57   #113
BHPian

Thanks for that MaserQ, we will be taking the Thimbam, Gundulpet route so we will catch up with you guys at Kalpetta.

What about the original agenda of a 4X4 OTR? I have someone interested in bringing his SWB Jeep if we have anything significant. Else I will have to ask him to drive the sedan.
Old 4th February 2009, 15:57   #114
Senior - BHPian

Meetup at TRICHUR

Where else can you meet up in Trichur than in the Swaraj Round?

I suggest we guys meet up at the parking lot of the Vadakkumnathan Temple (above Naduvilal, you have to take the entrance from the start of Shornur road though) at 6.30 am, leave at 7.00 (SHARP! - we dont have a lot of time to drive to Kalpetta).

From there I would like to suggest an unusual route - Trichur - Shornur - Nilambur - Sultan's Battery - Kalpetta.

The Nilambur - S's Battery route is supposed to be very very scenic, but I need some guidance on this route (as well as the best route from Trichur to Nilambur). I will therefore request Shri Shri H V Kumar to guide us on this one. We'll take this route if he okays it - we need to reach Kalpetta by about 2 pm.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

Nilambur-Sultan's Battery - there are 2 routes to get there.

Once you climb up the beautiful ghats from Nilambur, you reach Nadugani (37 kms) from where the first choice is to get to Gudalur (11 kms). From Gudalur, Sultan's Battery is some 50-odd kms away. Kalpetta is on the way, 13 kms from Vythiri.

The second choice is to turn left at Nadugani, away from Nilambur, and go via Cherambadi and Meppadi to Vythiri (59 kms), which is on the Sultan's Battery-Calicut road. From Vythiri, SB is 45 kms away. I like the Cherambad-Meppadi route for its scenic views more than the first one.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Cochin-Trissur on NH47 is 75 kms.
Enter Trissur town, leaving NH45, and take the Shoranur road from inside town.

Trissur-Vadakancheri 40 kms-Shoranur 20-Pattambi 13-Perinthalmanna 22-Pandikkad 20-Manjeri 5-Edavanna 10-Nilambur 15-Edakkara 12-Nadugani 25-Gudalur 11.

Total distance from Cochin to Gudalur is 267 kms. Distance will be a little shorter if you go directly from Pandikkad to Nilambur without touching Manjeri, but I do not have the distances for that (should be 10-15 kms shorter). You have to wade through Trissur town. Ghats start from Edakkara all the way to Nadugani.

From Trissur you can also to Kunnamkulam, then take NH17 till Valancheri, from where you can to Perinthalmanna, but this is neither shorter nor a better road.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The second choice is to turn left at Nadugani, away from Nilambur, and go via Cherambadi and Meppadi to Vythiri (59 kms), which is on the Sultan's Battery-Calicut road. From Vythiri, SB is 45 kms away. I like the Cherambad-Meppadi route for its scenic views more than the first one.
From Meppadi you needn't drive to Vythiri, you could drive straight to Kalpetta.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:36   #118
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed.
  1. nikkibike / cochin / Family / NV / 3 / 4x2 UV
  2. drpullockaran / thrissur / Family / NV / 4 / Hatchback
  3. prabhuav / bangalore / Family / WEADA / 5 / 4x2 UV
  4. Steeroid / thrissur / Single / Veg / 1 / 4x4 UV
  5. khan_sultan / bangalore / Family / Veg / 2 / 2x2 Legs
  6. sreerajunnithan / bangalore / Shared / NV / 3 / 4x4 UV
  7. MaserQ / calicut / Shared / WEADA / 1 / Sedan
  8. aravindwarrier / thrissur / friends / NV / 3 / 4x2 UV or hatch
  9. quicksilver / coimbatore-gundlupet / Shared / NV / 1 / Sedan
  10. iraghava / coimbatore-gundlupet / Shared / WEADA / 1 / 2x2 Legs
  11. kb100 / bangalore / Shared / WEADA / 1 / 2x2 legs
  12. kpbolero (subject to confirmation) / coimbatore?
  13. hrag / Bangalore / Shared / WEADA / 1 / 4x4 UV
So far there's only nikkibike from Cochin, so he might as well join us at Trichur too, where arvindwarrier, Dr Pull and self will wait for him.

If we're taking the Nilambur route (I am very tempted - what say, guys?) then I dont even need to come to Trichur, I can join up at Shornur.

Nilambur - Kalpetta, we can take hvk's second (and his preferred) option. SHould be an interesting drive - will beat driving on the crowded NH17 anyday.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid, in case you are coming from Palakkad/Mannarkad, you can meet the Trissur gang directly at Pandikkad/Manjeri/Nilambur since you can come directly there without touching either Trissur or Shoranur.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
From Meppadi you needn't drive to Vythiri, you could drive straight to Kalpetta.
Thanks, will remember that. I have only driven from Gudalur through to Vythiri and Calicut, so did not know about this short-cut from Meppadi to Kalpetta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks