Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2008, 17:11   #1
rippergeo

Wild in Wayanad D R I V E

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1099401-post734.html

This innocuous looking link above takes you to the Safari pics thread, where people show off their "beasts"

This link also gives you an idea about how the next D R I V E idea comes up for us Kerala T-BHPians.
Someone says- "That place looks nice!"
The reply from one of the car crazy mallus will be-"Yeah it does!, Lets Go for a D R I V E" All of us will be looking for an excuse to go on one anyway

The maddest of mallus is now in exile deep in the jungles of Africa, else the 1st post would have already contained details about the where we'd be staying, what we'd be doing etc.
In his absence, we have to do it the conventional way, set up a thread, collect info, set up dates.
This thread is for that. Ideas/Planning/Organising for our next D R I V E

Wayanad! Here we come!

Old 20th December 2008, 17:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Can we have it sometime during the coming holidays? If so, i'm in! And most probably another member with a swb jeep.

Last edited by JayD : 20th December 2008 at 17:36.
Old 20th December 2008, 17:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

khan_sultan suggested an OTR and I think this is a good opp for a D R I V E + P L A Y (apologies Harman/Kardon). Need more time to organize that - cant do it on short notice.

Besides, my Safari needs a new LHS upper arm - the problem with the left suspension was finally diagnosed by Nikki and gang after RF bumbled around for months to find out what the issue was. Upper Arm will take a week to arrive.

Where is MaserQ? He's the Holy Host.
Old 20th December 2008, 18:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Great going sirs. Count me in -- except for the days around 23-26th Jan (We have the jeep_thrills 'Munnar OTR' during that time) and 25th - 1st Jan (am off to somewhere).

As steeroid mentioned that this might need some time to organize it. For an OTR a recee may also be required and also someone who knows the local area/terrain is also a must.

Cheers,
Old 20th December 2008, 18:57   #5
rippergeo

This area has a lot of jeeps for hire, so people with cars could still experience OTRs, albeit a chauffeured experience.
Have spoken to MaserQ, he's the one who suggested starting a thread so that we can all get together and decide on the nitty gritty.
@khansultan- any jeep thrills members from this area?

Last edited by rippergeo : 20th December 2008 at 18:58.

Old 20th December 2008, 20:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

I can't confirm an attendance now, so note me down as a maybe (a friend will probably accompany me as well). Also, I'll be one of the poor souls requiring a different ride for the off road bits.
Old 21st December 2008, 00:35   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
This area has a lot of jeeps for hire, so people with cars could still experience OTRs, albeit a chauffeured experience.
That could be an option. However, who will drive these jeeps? I am assuming that they will come with drivers. It may not be easy for people who have not driven jeeps in OTR's to straight away drive a jeep in an OTR.

Quote:
@khansultan- any jeep thrills members from this area?
No idea right now man. Let me find out and revert back.
Old 21st December 2008, 07:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wayanad it is then! We haven't had an overnighter since CSI, so its about time. Drive + Play leaves enough scope for a family meet as well.To get started, we need to float dates, numbers and the type of meat. khan sultan has expressed his unavailability for 24-25 Jan and I am out for the 17-18 Jan weekend. Lets roll people!
Old 21st December 2008, 12:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Guess it will have to be the first or last weekend of Jan, then. 26th Jan is a Monday, which gives you guys a long weekend. I can try and make it around those dates - I'm pretty much free for the first month of the year once we've closed targets for this year. I cant make it before 1st Jan, though.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:39   #10
rippergeo

The Munnar offroad, is on the 23rd to the 26th, and I have my heart set on that one,provided some agrees to give me a ride(I promise that I wont be any trouble). Lets start looking at Feb 1st week?

Old 22nd December 2008, 17:59   #11
BANNED

Feb 2009 would be nice - I would be able to make it then.
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
The Munnar offroad, is on the 23rd to the 26th, and I have my heart set on that one,provided some agrees to give me a ride(I promise that I wont be any trouble). Lets start looking at Feb 1st week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Feb 2009 would be nice - I would be able to make it then.
Same here. Feb 1st week would work for me.

@rippergeo: Don't worry mate. If you can manage till Munnar, then jumping on a jeep should not be an issue.
I think you may ahve to share some costs for the logistics etc -- but I am not sure about that and the best person to ask would be Vinay (Team-BHP Handle: Cj3b )

I suggest that you confirm your participation in the Munnar OTR here: (Mention without a jeep there)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...wkvGGuQrYGU4IA
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:30   #13
BHPian

Lets D R I V E!

Be it CSI Wayanad or CSI Munnar.. Am IN this time and sure of having all the fun!

Good initiative ripper and maser! Get going and put the plans!

cheers!
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

I would've loved to join especially since i missed the CRUISE. But on 26th all of us two wheeled Bullet brethren are meeting up at Ooty for a two day bash at Rider Mania!
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Increasingly lookin like Week 1 of February, then. I'm in - I have to be in my hometown by Feb 10 in any case.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks