Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is the date best suitable for you to drive to Pondicherry ?
28th March, Saturday. 1 7.14%
29th March, Sunday. 0 0%
4th April, Saturday. 6 42.86%
11th April, Saturday. 11 78.57%
12th April, Sunday. 7 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 22:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Anna(s), Let this be a meet thread and not a tyre thread.

I drive (sorry, the right word is 'putter around') at 40-50kmph nowadays and for that speed, these stock tyres are more than enough.
Old 19th April 2009, 23:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB
Anna(s), Let this be a meet thread and not a tyre thread.

@Vijay shekar: Just noticed. Good choice on the Michelin LTX A/T. And it was a pleasure to meet you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB
I drive (sorry, the right word is 'putter around') at 40-50kmph nowadays and for that speed, these stock tyres are more than enough.
We just disowned and banned Neoranjit from the chennai gang. Don't let us do the same to you.
Old 20th April 2009, 06:58   #93
Senior - BHPian

man! this is aweful! :( i was completly unawares of this meet! :( bummers!
Old 20th April 2009, 09:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

me too i was in chennai and i missed this meet , jeez dont we have a quickie meets in chennai sort of thread where we can organise and call for such short notice meets for chennai ? Bangalore has an active one and so does cochin . Anyways missed out of the fun and oppurtunity to meet up with you great fellas
Old 20th April 2009, 11:11   #95
BHPian

Review of the second part of the meet would come up shortly. SJCHERIAN, the well mannered, cultured, refined and dedicated family man bugged out from the race meet after breakfast stating the obvious Was nice meeting you guys. Those who left after breakfast missed out on a crazy session. Review coming up soon.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:30   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

We just disowned and banned Neoranjit from the chennai gang. Don't let us do the same to you.
Nandri Nitrous. Couldnt expect a better news to start the week.
btw, any reasons ?
Old 20th April 2009, 11:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Nandri Nitrous. Couldnt expect a better news to start the week.
btw, any reasons ?
Guess one of the reasons being your dedicated support for Mcliar (as nitrous fondly calls him)
Old 20th April 2009, 12:05   #98
BHPian

@PetrolHead - sorry couldnt make it to the Race session - had stuff at home to take care of. As it is my meet record seems to be one meet per year :-). do post your report of the Part II of the meet. What did you guys do till the race started ? :-) am sure Nitrous reached the venue in 15 minutes the way he sped off from the beach.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_h
Review coming up soon.
Please call it a 'report'. We don't intend to sell our meets,dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
btw, any reasons ?
You were so awake that you don't remember why,huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_h
Guess one of the reasons being your dedicated support for Mcliar (as nitrous fondly calls him)
That was Headers. Seems like you got what you paid for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian
? :-) am sure Nitrous reached the venue in 15 minutes the way he sped off from the beach.
Sir, I'm a Citizen for Safe Roads.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
That was Headers. Seems like you got what you paid for.
Oh God. My memory seems to be divorcing me. Or was it the king of good times

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2009 at 19:28. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:20   #101
BHPian

Sorry guys, I was out of town, enjoying Rain @ KL

Seems like you guys had a nice time.
Old 20th April 2009, 22:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:

@Vijay shekar: Just noticed. Good choice on the Michelin LTX A/T. And it was a pleasure to meet you.
It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Now I am kicking myself for not making it to the meets earlier. Anyway better late than never I suppose.

And Nitrous Thanks for the comment on the tyres. Actually I changed into these tyres (31 x 10.5 x 15) as soon as I got the car. But it was mounted on the stock Alloys of Pajero which was 6" wide. not much of a result I should say. Recently I was able to lay my hands on the Alloys that come with the current SFX model which is 7" wide and the track increased by about 45mm. the performance now is tremendous. Cornering ability has improved and may be because of the wider footprint of the tyres braking has also improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Review of the second part of the meet would come up shortly. SJCHERIAN, the well mannered, cultured, refined and dedicated family man bugged out from the race meet after breakfast stating the obvious Was nice meeting you guys. Those who left after breakfast missed out on a crazy session. Review coming up soon.
the session was Crazy on the track or in Sabari ? pl do let us know.
Old 20th April 2009, 22:58   #103
BHPian

Pics with the T-BHP Handles updated!!

And not to forget our Nitrous! not in the pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Giving time yet another break - The next Chennai TBHP-drive to Pondy. Firm up dates.-dscn1455.jpg  

Giving time yet another break - The next Chennai TBHP-drive to Pondy. Firm up dates.-dscn1465.jpg  

Old 21st April 2009, 11:29   #104
BHPian

Thanks Ram. This photo with the handles really helps :-). I liked Mr Petrolheads t-shirt with his handle - makes it easy during the meets. Hope the upcoming merchandise on t-bhp provides an option for getting t-shirts with T-BHP and the handles done as well.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:01   #105
BHPian

Awrite... my report

Before anything else, adding to what Sushil had to say. Everyone seemed to find thier way easily despite the fact that Bay Leaf does not exist anymore.

Expecting everyone to turn up as per the infamous IST, I started at around 7:00. To my surprise, I got a call at 7:15 from Vijay Shekar asking me where I was. Well I managed to get there within the next 5 minutes but could not get throiugh to him on his phone. While I tried looking around if anyone had turned up, I notice a red Swift passing me. I reached the other end of the road and turned back to get back to where I started from and I notice the same car passing me again. I managed to find an empty spot to park and I find a very polished and cultured family man walking up. Sushil it was. So we waited and vijay shekar called again. Managed to find him and his Pajero and drove back to where we initially were. Then everyone else trickled in.. Ram west, hotrod (still limping from his Matrix trinity ducati stunt as nitrous calls it), fountainheader, ram.0351, pandia and ceena thana.

With the mice in my tummy performing acrobatics, I kept requesting or rather pestering to get some breakfast. After a lot of contemplation and saddistic delays, Sushil manages to move himself to do breakfast at Murugan Idli. We landed up there and to my dismay, were made to wait for nearly 15 minutes, (the mice in my tummy had evolved into rats by now). Finally we managed to find a table and settle down while nitrous lands up to join in for breakfast. Vikram calls to find out where we were watching the race. After quite a bit of contemplation and nitrous making funny faces at the mention of hotel president, we decided to land up at Sabari Inn. Got done with breakfast and the smokers (me included) were busy indulging in their mandatory chores while we wondered what on earth to do till the race started since it was only 9:50 and the race did not start till 12:30. At around 10:05, everyone but for nitrous, hotrod and myself dispersed. So we decided to land up at Sabari instead of getting baked under the sun.

Ok now visualize the embarrasment on our faces when we realize that the bar opens only at 11, added to the fact that we are wondering what the hotel guys would be thinking about us (a bunch of good for nothings landing up to get intoxicated early in the afternoon, even before the bar opens). I also managed to have a little argument with the valet parking guys for the way he took off with my car. We then landed up at a juice shop to kill some time and by the time we were back, we were welcomed into the bar (guess they had a vision of the business that they were gonna get from this group today)

We sat there and killed some more time, and vikram turned up all shocked to see just 3 of us. Time passed and Ranjit drops in with drooping eyes (poor man did not get any sleep I guess and he also had a photo walk to attend early in the morning). A little later Arka turns up. The race starts and unfortunately for Ranjit, he happened to be the only Mclaren supporter there and managed to get verbally assaulted by both Vikram and Mahendra. A wet race with 2 red bulls and 1 brawn in the top three, it was good to see new men on the podium but the red cars could not gather any points again, so we kept wondering if the all conquering, living legend would come out of retirement to show the lesser mortals what it means to be called a Rain Master. Race got done with, and Ranjit departed a little later after managing to sneak in a little nap while the race was on. Mahendra departed some time after that. Now it was back to just 3 people at the table. Arka., Vikram and Myself. The bill arrives. A quick glance at the watch says 7:00 pm. We arrived a little before 11 in the morning if you remember. Well the various topics of discussion that the conversations were based on shall not find place here as I would get kicked out for sure if I were to elaborate on that. So I shall reserve that for the next meet. All in all, it was a Sunday well spent, and it was great fun as it always is with a Chennai TBHP meet. Hope to see you all soon.

EDIT: Even I think We should have TBHP Tees. Wondering if we are allowed to do that. Anyways, If something needs to be done I guess it should not be an issue. Please comment.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2009 at 20:06. Reason: Please take a look at Team-BHP Rule #11. Thank you.
petrol_head is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks