Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 16:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad - May'09 Meet(s)

I'm starting a new thread as our other esteemed members want to lie low.

Here are the list of options quoted by Arun in the previous post.

1) Husein Sagar Ferry Party!
2) 2700km Drive to Arunachal/GQ drive Hyderabadi style
3) Goa beach
4) Belur-Halebidu
5) Ladies Night House Party - The gents are going to cook the food!! all fresh right from cutting the vegetables and making perfectly round dosas and butchering the chicken in tasty kebabs.
6) Monsoon drive to some place that Suren181 has got in mind.

Other options will be explored as go along with our mini meets, micro-mini meets and pre-meet meet.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:23   #2
BHPian

I am in Hyderabad starting May 01 to May 10. If this meet is happening during this time, I would like to be there.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
I am in Hyderabad starting May 01 to May 10. If this meet is happening during this time, I would like to be there.
Sure dude, we will definitely be having something or the other. Just keep checking this thread.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2009, 16:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Anurudha..Most of the CUG members will be out of action till 15th May,including myself.So i feel we should all relax in May month and take shelter from heat.
I would personally prefer that all CUG members and their ladies be there (for eg Ladies nite) for all the above meets.
Lets have more fun when more of us are there.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

3) Goa beach
4) Belur-Halebidu
5) Ladies Night House Party - The gents are going to cook the food!! all fresh right from cutting the vegetables and making perfectly round dosas and butchering the chicken in tasty kebabs.

Other options will be explored as go along with our mini meets, micro-mini meets and pre-meet meet.

I am certainly going to join next time!!

-Nitya
Old 29th April 2009, 22:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Phew - MAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

3) Goa beach
4) Belur-Halebidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Anurudha..Most of the CUG members will be out of action till 15th May,including myself.So i feel we should all relax in May month and take shelter from heat.
I would personally prefer that all CUG members and their ladies be there (for eg Ladies nite) for all the above meets.
Lets have more fun when more of us are there.
Dear MC,

As Hillram has pointed out, both in the April thread and here and, as pointed out last night in 'the last meet of April', most, if not all the members from Hyderabad are travelling in May either on vacations (school hols etc.) or on work.

Most of us are averse to driving in May as the heat is unbearable, the trees provide no shade and the ground is bereft of any cover, the glare of the sun is too much, all in all - driving is no pleasure at all. We went ahead with the Chirala drive (during which you were accumulating non-'Flying Returns' miles) as the date was fixed for an inter-city meet which did not take off. We however did change the destination to a beach instead of the original inland destination. Meets like the ladies nite and Hussain Sagar boat meet might be ideal for May. Do I see any volunteers to take the initiative and organise things, makes bookings pay advances etc.

We could however have a series of mini-meets like Runway9 etc. just to keep things ticking over. We should ensure that we strictly adhere to the board rules in form, letter and spirit and ensure that intoxicants of any nature find no role to play in any meet.

I would be game for a short drive in about a week from now, once my GTX gets its new struts & springs.

Cheers,
Old 30th April 2009, 13:43   #7
BHPian

Ravvs , how about a visit to the country Club resort or Srinidhi Resort for the pool . Kids can play in the water park ( me included). A relaxed lunch would be ideal as well.

Coming to think of it , the drive maynot be long enough for your GTx though,lol.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Arun..Great Idea.Im game for a nice Sip n Dip in this heat.Can also bring my kiddo who loves pool and am sure Mihiran would be there.

Raveendra...Mihiran
Old 30th April 2009, 15:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Arun..Great Idea.Im game for a nice Sip n Dip in this heat.Can also bring my kiddo who loves pool and am sure Mihiran would be there.

Raveendra...Mihiran is fast becoming a Jr.CUG T-Bhpian.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:57   #10
BHPian

I am game for it, if something is planned for this weekend (Saturday).

Have been planning to take my daughter to a water park or snow world, which can be replaced with a trip a resort.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Ravvs , how about a visit to the country Club resort or Srinidhi Resort for the pool . Kids can play in the water park ( me included). A relaxed lunch would be ideal as well.

Coming to think of it , the drive maynot be long enough for your GTx though,lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post

Raveendra...Mihiran is fast becoming a Jr.CUG T-Bhpian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post

Have been planning to take my daughter to a water park or snow world, which can be replaced with a trip a resort.
Aah, sounds wonderful. The short drive, the water, the leisurely lunch in cool environs.

When shall we do it? Sunday?

@ Ardy, I too had a plan to visit the snow world but was warned off in view of the condition of the 'warm clothes' that they give.

Cheers,
Old 30th April 2009, 21:14   #12
BHPian

Sunday seems fine as long there's family involved . I'd bring my nephew and sis along else the rugrat is hard to handle all by myself ! . Also Suren and Prabhu would be delighted to bring their juniors along .
Old 30th April 2009, 21:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Sunday seems fine as long there's family involved . I'd bring my nephew and sis along else the rugrat is hard to handle all by myself ! . Also Suren and Prabhu would be delighted to bring their juniors along .
Brilliant. I am in, so is Mihiran. So is it Pragati? If so, where shall we meet? Say 10.00 a.m.

Cheers,
Old 30th April 2009, 21:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post

The public water parks are a slight concern because of the crowd they handle each day .To put it lightly , the water purification system cannot handle such levels,lol.

SnowWorld is more like Ice World because its actually ice crystals that are sprayed into a freezer room . Its fun for a kid if its his/hers first time but would be a disappointment if real snow worlds were visited before. But the concern here again is the jackets,gum boots,socks and gloves that are provided as mandatory. Not worth the risks involved .
Old 30th April 2009, 22:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

So much planning happening already!

I am in Hyderabad until Wednesday! Which Sunday are you folks talking about? If it's this week, 'bike uncle' & 'ps3 uncle' would be happy to join & meet some of my friends - aka sons & daughters of the CUG T-BHPians!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 30th April 2009 at 22:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks