Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 10:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
What is the story with parking? Do we park at Kalaghoda and then meander down walking through the streets? I am assuming that it will be next to impossible to find parking in Bohri Mohalla?

Veterans please respond.
I will be in town itself so ideally I would park at Fountain and cab it to Crawford market for our first stop the kabab wala.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:44   #92
Senior - BHPian

Kalti List
---------

1) Sam Kapasi
Old 8th September 2009, 11:22   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Updating:
1. Dippy
2. Frank Mehta
3. Flyingspur
4. V-16
5. Tejas
6. Ramie
7. Genesis
8. SohailPistawala
9. SRShrikanth
10. Rony - fiatful
11. Cyrus
12. Sam Kapasi
13. N_C
14. Arpan
15. Viper
16. Jasher26
Old 8th September 2009, 13:48   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Wedesday the 9th of Sptember.
9-9-09? Is that supposed to be auspicious?

NC, what is a Kalti?
Old 8th September 2009, 14:04   #95
BHPian

I am in as number 17.

Genesis, the nearest place would be Ballard Pier/estate for Parking. Maybe we can sync up there and ride together. Or even Kalaghoda is fine.

Obviously we meet after IFTAR, quesiton is when and where do we assemble together.

This is a first for meet for me, how do the first timer's recognise the gang.?!

cheers!
Old 8th September 2009, 14:17   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post

cheers!
Bunch of guys talking cars and ICE, checking under car hoods for modifications, team bhp stickers... Oh, and first timers always treat the others.

@navin: kalti is the term used for guys who get over-enthu about a meet; plan it in detail, raise hopes and then do not show up giving a petty excuse!

Updating:
1. Dippy
2. Frank Mehta
3. Flyingspur
4. V-16
5. Tejas
6. Ramie
7. Genesis
8. SohailPistawala
9. SRShrikanth
10. Rony - fiatful
11. Cyrus
12. Sam Kapasi
13. N_C
14. Arpan
15. Viper
16. Jasher26
17. shivshankar
18. swale84

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 8th September 2009 at 14:19. Reason: typo
Old 8th September 2009, 14:37   #97
BHPian

I might be a last moment entry.

What time is everyone planning to meet.
I will join after office from Sion. I plan to leave my car back at the office lane parking only.

Anyone driving via Sion upto the meeting place.
N_C are you listening???
Old 8th September 2009, 14:53   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Bunch of guys talking cars and ICE, checking under car hoods for modifications, team bhp stickers... Oh, and first timers always treat the others.
But seriously: A couple of phone number's PMed to people who are attending would help.
Else walking between Kalaghoda to Bohri Mohalla trying to eavesdrop on conversations between bunches of guys might be slightly traumatic and checking under car hoods might lead to dinner as guests of the state.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:04   #99
Senior - BHPian

Ronnie and Cyrus, welcome. Its a pleasure having foodies around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I would like to tag along Paaji, but would conform on 9th morning
What time and where is the meeting point ?
I guess we meet as usual either at the Crawford market parking or at the Kala Ghoda parking, depends on where we want to start the trail from.

I would suggest we meet and start from Kala Ghoda parking Opp Khyber restaurant at 10.00p.m. From there, we go first to Ayub's for the benefit of the vegetarians. From there we go to Crawford Market in my Innova (which can take only 7 including me) and in some other cars, the vegetarians armed with another veggie roll or two to chomp on, as the next destination is completely non veg. The sheekh wala near Cafe Firdous at Crawford Market.

After our fill of delicious sheekh kebabs had with fresh mint leaves and freshly sliced onions (onions not for me) we head to Bohari Mohalla. We park wherever we get parking and walk to the Idris Cold drink centre around which the nan sandwich walla and the khichdawalla are placed.

From there i suggest we skip Vallibhai payawalla and head to Delhi Durbar Grant Road where we can have great Mutton and Veg Biryani, Veg food, awesome Mutton Chops and whatever anyone wants to eat. We can round it up with dessert at Minara Masjid Noorani or Suleiman Usman or at DD itself. The phirni at DD is good too.

What say?

Quote:
What is the story with parking? Do we park at Kalaghoda and then meander down walking through the streets? I am assuming that it will be next to impossible to find parking in Bohri Mohalla?

Veterans please respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
I am in as number 17.

Genesis, the nearest place would be Ballard Pier/estate for Parking. Maybe we can sync up there and ride together. Or even Kalaghoda is fine.

Obviously we meet after IFTAR, quesiton is when and where do we assemble together.

cheers!
Welcome to the Ramadaan Food Trail Shivshankar and Genesis.

@ Genesis- I suggest we start from Kala Ghoda. You will recognise the gang of you look for a drooling group of guys gathered around a car. Actually call us when you get there or else look in the ealier ramadaan thread. The usual suspects will all be there.

Bohari mohalla parking is not that bad considering we have in the past managed to find place there and also considering either we all get bikes (in which case ill have to pillion ride with someone) a couple of cars might find parking. We will sort that one out at the venue.

Anyone and everyone is welcome as long as we maintain decorum and dignity of the holy month. No drinks strictly please, anywhere around the trail.

We meet at 9.45 p.m. sharp at Kala Ghoda Parking, opp Khyber restaurant.

Sohail, Magma, Swale84...where are you guys???

Please give out suggestions guys, we must also know the actual count. Most of you have my cellular number. If not get it from one of the regulars or PM me, in that way we can keep track of who is coming and whom to wait for. Guys i suggest we please be on time and if anyone is not coming, please let someone know so that we do not endlessly wait for that person.

Quote:
But seriously: A couple of phone number's PMed to people who are attending would help.
Pm-ed you.

As usual i will be armed with my camera

Bon appetite.

Last edited by V-16 : 8th September 2009 at 15:11. Reason: add
Old 8th September 2009, 15:12   #100
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a plan Gogi. 9.45 pm at the parking lot next to Rythm House it is. Will be there. We can always take one Innova and cab it to BM. Better than looking to park multiple cars. Is it a badi raat tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V16
As usual i will be armed with my camera
Arent you always?

Last edited by Dippy : 8th September 2009 at 15:13.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:23   #101
BHPian

Guys,

I need to take a vote here.!

1. any takers for working up an appetite n south mumbai tomm eve.? time pass for 2 hrs .?

Or

2. anybody wants to ride with me from Mulund to Kala ghoda at 8.30 pm tomm.?!
(ps I have an option of working from home)

Cheers!
Old 8th September 2009, 15:26   #102
BHPian

I am here gogi sir, plan fit hai, i am in after offering the last prayers, will skip gym and be at the said place latest by 9.55, if late please carry on will join in at Ayubs. Infact the lanes of bohri mohla have been widened somehow, no roadside Pathara's so parking near idris cold drink for a car or two is available. I will be on my bike so i can accomodate a pillion. Parking at DD grant road would be a problem, as during this month the place kind of attracts a lot of crowd then normal days. I guess after the bohri mohallah session it might get a little heavy to stuff the biryanis but yes, we could surely go as the veggies can have a good biryani.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear from you Sohail. Hows Junior?

We should refrain from overstuffing ourselves at BM to partake in the Biryani fest. We could go there a little later as DD remains open till wee hours.

We could altogether skip DD of anyone can suggest a good biryani place. Parking will not be that much of a problem there. We shall counter it at the venue.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I would suggest we meet and start from Kala Ghoda parking Opp Khyber restaurant.

Welcome to the Ramadaan Food Trail'09.

We meet at 9.45 p.m. sharp at Kala Ghoda Parking, opp Khyber restaurant.

As usual i will be armed with my camera .

Bon appetite.
Your in-built GPS in tracking such awesome joints shall help us relish the nite-out yet again.

Catch ya guyz, at the Parking lot.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:13   #105
Senior - BHPian

Will join the gang by 10pm at ayubs and then head back as i have an early morning tommorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks