Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 22:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Calling all TBHPians along my Gujarat - Rajasthan trip route

Friends,

Im embarking on a Rajasthan tour. Im hoping to meet as many TBHPians as possible along the route, as and when & where possible.
Towards that end, im compiling a list of TBHPians across this route to start with. Following is my trip route, anyone residing in cities, towns or villages or talukas along the way please PM me you numbers so we can have a mini meetup.

Bombay - Daman - Valsad - Surat - Baroda - Anand - Ahmedabad - Gandhinagar - Mehsana - Palanpur - Disa - Tharad - Sanchor - Dhorimanna - Barmer - Shiv - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Nagaur - Bikaner - Pushkar - Ajmer - Udaipur - Jaipur

I hope to meet as many TBHPians as I can even if the highest number is 1

My trip dates are between 18th - 30th November.

Cheers,

J
Old 26th October 2009, 22:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

As of now I am in. I am aaggoswami from Vadodara/Baroda.

Why are you going to Anand ? I think from Vadodara, its best if you catch the NE-1 towards A'bad.

I can meet you near the starting of NE-1 or when the NH-8 has a split of getting into the city or getting onto they by-pass. We can decide on the location later on.

But as of now I am ready for the mini meet.

I think that Bombay to A'bad is manageable in one day.

What is the exact plan as per days ?
Surat to Baroda/Vadodara is a very nice road ( mostly ) and from Vadodara to A'bad its best to take NE-1 rather than NH8. This stretch will have lot of CVs.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th October 2009 at 22:49.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
As of now I am in. I am aaggoswami from Vadodara/Baroda.

Why are you going to Anand ? I think from Vadodara, its best if you catch the NE-1 towards A'bad.

I can meet you near the starting of NE-1 or when the NH-8 has a split of getting into the city or getting onto they by-pass. We can decide on the location later on.

But as of now I am ready for the mini meet.

I think that Bombay to A'bad is manageable in one day.

What is the exact plan as per days ?
Surat to Baroda/Vadodara is a very nice road ( mostly ) and from Vadodara to A'bad its best to take NE-1 rather than NH8. This stretch will have lot of CVs.
Hi aggoswami,

Its an approx 14 day trip, currently being discusssed in the link below.
I have no idea about the traffic but feel that it will be heavy. Will be good to get guidance about which stretches to avoid.

As of now im planning to drive from Bombay to Jaisalmer on day 1 starting at around 3am. If that plan changes and I decide to leave late, then I will night halt at Palanpur on day 1. As of now option 2 seems more likely to happen.

It will be breat to meetup. Ive PMéd you my contact. In the meantime, do post your inputs on the road traffic on the Bombay Ahmedabad section.
Here is the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...than-tour.html
Old 26th October 2009, 23:50   #4
BHPian

Hi.
I am out to trip to Palitana on 17th and as per your route plan you must be passing by Surat on 18th else would have came to meet you, if possible will meet you on your return journey..

Nothing to worry about road traffic in Mumbai ahmedabad part. one of the best roads there, only problamatic area is bridge on river Narmada near Bharuch where only 2 lanes are working so you may face a bottleneck there else its runway all the way. Specially NE - 1 between Baroda-Ahmadabad.

PMing you my no.
Old 27th October 2009, 00:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

you will skip turn 80kms from my place towards palanpur- deesa. that highway is not that good (single lane). Barmer route is beautiful though. A very deserted single lane highway.

Calling all TBHPians along my Gujarat - Rajasthan trip route-raj-medium.jpg
Old 27th October 2009, 13:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Friends,

Ahmedabad - Mehsana - Palanpur - Deesa

J
Hi,

Count me in. Any of the above places are fine I have to visit them anyways on work related visits and can plan out my travel accordingly to meet up with you.

Let me know if you need acco at any of the places, will manage for you.

PM'g you my number.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
Hi.
I am out to trip to Palitana on 17th and as per your route plan you must be passing by Surat on 18th else would have came to meet you, if possible will meet you on your return journey..

Nothing to worry about road traffic in Mumbai ahmedabad part. one of the best roads there, only problamatic area is bridge on river Narmada near Bharuch where only 2 lanes are working so you may face a bottleneck there else its runway all the way. Specially NE - 1 between Baroda-Ahmadabad.

PMing you my no.
Yes, one of the bridge is closed when I went from Bombay to Vadodra on 10th October. Was stuck for more than 45 minutes.

While coming back on 21st, the weak bridge was open for cars. So I could zip through and did not have any problem.

Nainar
Old 27th October 2009, 20:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Jaysmokes, I plan to be in Jodhpur from 26th to 28th Nov. Going there to attend a family wedding.
Old 28th October 2009, 01:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Jaysmokes, I plan to be in Jodhpur from 26th to 28th Nov. Going there to attend a family wedding.
GD around then, I guess I will be somewhere near Pushkar/ajmer or Udaipur... and way off your radar.

But, ive PMed you my number anyways, to catch up with you when I come up north.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:14   #10
BHPian

Hi i would be in ahmedabad at that time or roaming around the same route as you. I have Pmed you my contacts. would be great to meet you
Ahmedabad-gandhinagar-mehsana is a nice road. I suggest visit the sun temple at modhera ( near mehsana) as well.
Old 30th October 2009, 13:25   #11
BHPian

This sounds great !!! My foundry is in Valsad so I am back and forth between Mumbai and Valsad. Let me know the details and we will definitely meet in Valsad, I will plan my work week accordingly !! I will even show you my John Deere tractor is valsad !!

P.S. The roads from mumbai to valsad are pretty good, on NH-8 and then valsad onwards are great, minimal traffic and great roads all the way. We just did Mumbai-Udaipur last week and made great time, we left at 7:30 am from home in Mumbai (townside) and then came to valsad for a short stop for snacks and such, this took us 3 hours (exactly 210 kms). Then from valsad to udaipur which is ~ 600kms, took us 6 hours, and we had a 30 min halt to eat. So effectivel 5.5 hours for 600kms to Udaipur.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 30th October 2009 at 13:30.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Friends,

- Ahmedabad -
I hope to meet as many TBHPians as I can even if the highest number is 1

My trip dates are between 18th - 30th November.

Cheers,

J
hi jay, good to see you planning your trip towards rajasthan, can meet you up at ahmedabad for sure, Pmed you my contact details.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:20   #13
BHPian

@Jay. Pming you my contact details.
@Bapu,Vijay and vikram. How about mini G2G with Jay ?
Old 30th October 2009, 17:56   #14
BHPian

Hey Jay! Noble thought! All the best and I hope that the number of BHPians you meet will be more than 1!! Do let me know if you plan a trip down south!!
Old 30th October 2009, 18:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
T

P.S. The roads from mumbai to valsad are pretty good, on NH-8 and then valsad onwards are great, minimal traffic and great roads all the way. We just did Mumbai-Udaipur last week and made great time, we left at 7:30 am from home in Mumbai (townside) and then came to valsad for a short stop for snacks and such, this took us 3 hours (exactly 210 kms). Then from valsad to udaipur which is ~ 600kms, took us 6 hours, and we had a 30 min halt to eat. So effectivel 5.5 hours for 600kms to Udaipur.
Spawn,

Six hours for 600 kms is terrific going. That makes it 100 kmph.
Was it your car or your spirited driving or both which helped you accomplish that?
I was counting up the miles, in my view it is about 764 kms from Bombay (suburbs) to Udaipur, via Udvada; I plan to go from Bombay to Udaipur via a detour to Udvada.

Now, assuming I do Bombay-Udvada on day 1 ( spend the night in Udvada) and start at 8 am from there, the approx. 580 kms to Udaipur should take me, with pit stops for food, fuel and toilet, about nine hours. Is that a correct estimate?

For calculations on distance, I have used the Eicher Road Map.

P.S. : My route would be Bombay -Dahanu - Udvada.
Then, Udavada -NH8-Baroda-NE1-Ahmedabad - NH8 - Prantij-Himmatnagar-Shamlaji-Rishabhdev-Udaipur.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks