Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 10:05   #136
BHPian

For 23rd MAY count me in
Sagar (Thane)

Few suggestions though:

Ghodbunder road is going under major revamp so a lot of flyover construction is going on... even on a sunday its not easy to find a good empty spot for parking 10-15 cars.
I guess the upvan lake spot was the best... less crowded and breezy. we could always drive down to ghodbunder rd for lunch like last time

Secondly the last meet was in Jan when the weather was quite pleasant and we could afford a lunch sit-out in a open-garden restaurant, This time though, i suggest we need to look for a a/c Restaurant to be comfortable.

Few Suggestions:
Marrakesh (good Lebanese food) ample parking on the shoulder road security guard present
Rangla Punjab restaurant ... parking available security guard present.

Cheers!!
Old 7th May 2010, 20:06   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I can suggest a litle bit ahead of IOC petrol pump, there's an empty road going towards Hyde Park from Ghodbunder Road which most of the time is empty and Sunday being no exception. Either this or Cinewonder would be a good place to meet and mornings on Sunday its not that crowded and there is sufficient parking space between Cinewonder and Little king's.
Ohh yes it's IOC petrol pump

I know the road you talking about it's empty road we can meet there for sure

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2010 at 21:15. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 7th May 2010, 21:18   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can suggest a litle bit ahead of IOC petrol pump, there's an empty road going towards Hyde Park from Ghodbunder Road which most of the time is empty and Sunday being no exception. Either this or Cinewonder would be a good place to meet and mornings on Sunday its not that crowded and there is sufficient parking space between Cinewonder and Little king's.
@khoj Are you talking about the Shelter farms which is before Hiranandani Estate and Rutu Estate (Domino's) or am I confused
Yes that is the location. It is right next door to Ambrosia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
For 23rd MAY count me in
Sagar (Thane)

Few suggestions though:

Few Suggestions:
Marrakesh (good Lebanese food) ample parking on the shoulder road security guard present
Rangla Punjab restaurant ... parking available security guard present.
Cheers!!
Marrakesh has very good food. Though it would be a little on the higher side last meal 4 guys beer+starters+main course+ desserts was approx 1K per head.

Rangla has okay food and is comparatively decently priced. My opinion on their food though has to be taken with a pinch of salt as it comes from a Punjabi on Punjabi grub.

[quote=viraj_s85;1874955]
Quote:

Ohh yes it's IOC petrol pump

I know the road you talking about it's empty road we can meet there for sure
Yes that is a good meeting point too, though we could meet just over the turn on the corner of this road + Ghodbunder for better visibility. The GB at that point is wide enough to accommodate a lot of stationary cars.
Old 8th May 2010, 08:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

Can I request a Mod. team to change the subject of the thread to "Thane Lunch Meet on 23rd of May 2010." This will attract more member's on the thread.

Thank you.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:46   #140
Senior - BHPian

So the meeting point is finalized - On Ghodbunder Road just ahead of IOC petrol pump on the road leading to Hyde Park. Prominent landmark of the area is Tatvagyan Vidyapith. The timing is say 10-11 am, I hope everyone agrees.
I suppose we would drive to Shelter Farms (I hope this is finalized or still in discussion). Shall we freeze on this agenda or we are still in discussion stage.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

List of members...

1. Rupesh (Mulund)
2. Danny (Mulund)
3. H V Kumar (Thane)
4. Girish Hodlur
5. MX6 (wrong end of Pune)
6. Khoj (Navi Mumbai)
7. Viraj (Thane)
8. Edward (Thane)
9. Adheesh (Thane)
10. Gomzi (Thane)
11. Leadf00t (Kalwa)
12. sen2009 (Mumbai)
13. Sagar (Thane)
14. jaysmokesleaves
15. dipak1406

If your name is not there in this list please put it in this list.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:30   #142
BHPian

Dear Friends - I will be coming from Andheri via LBS Marg - After i cross mulund checknaka after 2 kms there is a crossroad - if i go straight i reach thane station - Should i turn left from there and ask for Tatvagyan Vidyapeth - also pls let me know approx. Kilometers after i turn left so that i have exact idea of where i am going - also it will be helpful if one of the organizers can give us their contact no. for better communication - Looking forward to meeting you all - Best regards Deepak (dipak1406)
Old 14th May 2010, 16:56   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends - I will be coming from Andheri via LBS Marg - After i cross mulund checknaka after 2 kms there is a crossroad - if i go straight i reach thane station - Should i turn left from there and ask for Tatvagyan Vidyapeth - also pls let me know approx. Kilometers after i turn left so that i have exact idea of where i am going - also it will be helpful if one of the organizers can give us their contact no. for better communication - Looking forward to meeting you all - Best regards Deepak (dipak1406)
At the 3-hath naka (as the junction is called), you will see Eternity Mall (right side), turn to the LEFT (straight goes to Thane station).

You will take the next flyover, it is a 1.6 km long flyover. From atop the flyover, you will notice the Korum Mall.

As you come down this long flyover/ elevated road, you will see one more flyover coming up. DO NOT take that flyover, keep below the flyover as the road curves gently to the left.

You will encounter a messy junction (Majiwade), keep going, you will cross a round.

You will see the Cinemax Mall to your left.

After crossing Cinemax, there is a signal which you will cross, and immediately after that is the IOC petrol pump (left side). For further identification, at the signal you will see the Vijay Sales/Sony World/Vihang's Hotel (right side).

It will be approximately 5 kms from the 3-hath naka to this point.

My number is 9821045167

Last edited by hvkumar : 14th May 2010 at 16:57.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

List of members...

1. Rupesh (Mulund)
2. Danny (Mulund)
3. H V Kumar (Thane)
4. Girish Hodlur
5. MX6 (wrong end of Pune)
6. Khoj (Navi Mumbai)
7. Viraj (Thane)
8. Edward (Thane)
9. Adheesh (Thane)
10. Gomzi (Thane)
11. Leadf00t (Kalwa)
12. sen2009 (Mumbai)
13. Sagar (Thane)
14. jaysmokesleaves
15. Deepak (Andheri)

Just an update...
Old 14th May 2010, 17:38   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the meeting point is finalized - On Ghodbunder Road just ahead of IOC petrol pump on the road leading to Hyde Park. Prominent landmark of the area is Tatvagyan Vidyapith. The timing is say 10-11 am, I hope everyone agrees.
I suppose we would drive to Shelter Farms (I hope this is finalized or still in discussion). Shall we freeze on this agenda or we are still in discussion stage.
Yes, the meeting point is final per your post above.

I trust all will agree not to disagree on the same.

As for the final venue I believe the floor is still open! Come on Thane guys you must sort this out, it is your territory after all.

Last edited by khoj : 14th May 2010 at 17:39.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:03   #146
BHPian

Please find below location on map if anyone is confused...

(Sorry for the bad editing am not too good at MS paint)

I would suggest lets zero down on following locations,

1. Rangala Punjab
2. Shelter Farm
3. Court Yard
4. Ambrosia

just 9 days to go heads to other Thane Team-BHP members...
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-meet-location.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 20:17   #147
BHPian

Considering good food as well as parking, Mahesh Lunch Home on Pokhran Road Number 1 seems to be a good option. However, the downside would be the priority towards non-veg seafood. Or else it can be Shelter Farms itself. What say ?

Last edited by adheesh : 14th May 2010 at 20:19.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:53   #148
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh Lunch home Yes Yes Yes, we can always get cold drinks for Vora Bhai.

just kiddin! I will go even to a pure Veg place too. The emphasis for me is more on the meet than eat.
Old 15th May 2010, 00:05   #149
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Hurray. Now I'm all geared up. I will be driving down from Pune direct to the meeting point. Just in case something happens due to which I'm unable to drive down, Khoj will have to pick me up from thane station!
Old 15th May 2010, 00:24   #150
Senior - BHPian

But you will be in disguise!!

Then should I be using your snaps as reference or laluks or should I be looking for a guy with a hisss...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks