Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 08:26   #3136
BHPian

Re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive at Chandni Ch

Where is everyone... reached at 8 np one here yet
Old 6th January 2013, 08:49   #3137
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive at Chandni Ch

I'd marked myself in tentative list based the drive to Telengana. Sadly, heavy duty work derailed all plans. So had to move from tentative list to kalti list.
Folks meeting up and driving to Lavasa, have a blast.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:35   #3138
BHPian

Breakfast meet today was a success! More than 15 turned up at CCD Chandani Chowk. I has relatively newbie for the meeting as this was only second meeting for me. Still it was great to see so many Bhpians together and it was a great fun.

As some were planning to drive to Lavasa the meet must be still on when I am writing. Looking forward to next Tapri meet!!!

Some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tbhp_pune_7jan13_1.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tbhp_pune_7jan13_2.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tbhp_pune_7jan13_3.jpg  

Old 6th January 2013, 14:33   #3139
BHPian

Was good fun to meet the fellow BHPians after a long time . Around 15-20 people showed up for the meet with 8 people deciding to go further for a spirited drive till the Dam enroute to Lavasa for a Misal Pav breakfast on Nandu Sir's recommendation .

The highlight car for the meet ,as always was 1self's car
Thanks Canpush for sharing the photographs .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 6th January 2013 at 14:34.
Old 6th January 2013, 14:45   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Was good fun to meet the fellow BHPians after a long time . Around 15-20 people showed up for the meet with 8 people deciding to go further for a spirited drive till the Dam enroute to Lavasa for a Misal Pav breakfast on Nandu Sir's recommendation .

The highlight car for the meet ,as always was 1self's car
Thanks Canpush for sharing the photographs .
Hello,
I wanted to attend this Team-BHP Pune Meet but am busy with my Exams, so I will start taking part in Meets and Drives in August.
Please post Pics of the Lavasa Drive, and, now that you have mentioned that 1Self had the Highlight Car, Please tell us which Car.
Thanks.

EDIT: Was it his Red Hyundai Sonata V6?

Regards,
sanojrawap.

Last edited by sanojrawap : 6th January 2013 at 14:55.
Old 6th January 2013, 16:26   #3141
BHPian

Attended a Team BHP meet after a long break.

Nice to meet up with old War Horse Swananda and young Sea Dog Captain Vivek Jha!

Was a fun drive with the gang to CCD and later to hotel Prasad Hilton at the foot of Temghar dam.

Nice riding with Shainak Marathe from CCD to Temghar. He had to lsiten patiently at my biking stories.

Good fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-iphone-pics-054.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-iphone-pics-062.jpg  

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 6th January 2013 at 16:49.
Old 6th January 2013, 22:11   #3142
BHPian

I passed by CCD at Chandni Chowk at around 8am, did not see any cars around though..was on my way somewhere else but would have dropped in for a few mins had I seen anybody there..
Old 7th January 2013, 10:11   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I passed by CCD at Chandni Chowk at around 8am, did not see any cars around though..was on my way somewhere else but would have dropped in for a few mins had I seen anybody there..
Cars were parked either on the opposite side of the road or on the CCD exit towards the bypass.
I arrived there only around 830, but there were 8-10 people there (from 8am) on the CCD terrace talking over reduced size paper cups of lukewarm overpriced coffee
Old 7th January 2013, 11:53   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Was great to meet the gang after a long time.
Nandu sir, as always, its a pleasure to meet you!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 7th January 2013 at 11:54.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:45   #3145
BHPian

Fantastic meet. Cant say the same about the lukewarm coffee served by CCD. It was great to catch up with the Pune gang. As usual Vivek enlivened the meet with his special contribution.
Old 7th January 2013, 20:31   #3146

Guys,

Had a blast and it was a Sunday morning well spent with like minded people.

Nandu Sir is a treasure trove of experiences and I was fortunate to tag along with him and thanks for your recommendation of desi hilton. Burrp !!

It was my first meet and had some apprehensions on how to break ice, but when I reached at 8.13 am, it was a warm welcome by 1self, and we got meshed like cogs in well oiled machine. 18 people took the pains of waking up on a cold sunday morning and coming all the way to Chandani Chowk.

My regard's to CANPUSH for uploading pics impromptu, sadly I have not appeared in any of the pics.

Looking forward to blend more at the next dinner meet.

Regard's
Old 8th January 2013, 10:18   #3147
Senior - BHPian

For those who did not attend, here is the list of attendees. I am sure I have missed a few, so please respond accordingly.

sukiwa
nanduchitnis
1self
torqueofdatown
heman_369
mikon
ninjatalli
F150
Monaro
subodh
Swanand Inamdar
siddeshb
jealousdiamond
noopster
jogidada
shipnil
selfdrive + 1 bored kid (no cars to see, only people talking)
CANPUSH

With our frequency, it seems we will have one more meet before hibernating for the next monsoon. Should we do this sometime in February. Lets plan a drive, enough of wasting money on food/ drink thats not worth it!
If its too sunny, a Saturday early evening meet/ photoshoot for sunset should be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Where is everyone... reached at 8 np one here yet
How could you not find us?! Did you leave immediately?

Last edited by noopster : 8th January 2013 at 18:05.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:48   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
With our frequency, it seems we will have one more meet before hibernating for the next monsoon. Should we do this sometime in February. Lets plan a drive, enough of wasting money on food/ drink thats not worth it!
If its too sunny, a Saturday early evening meet/ photoshoot for sunset should be good?
Too bad I missed it. Looks like you guys had fun. And Selfdrive, that is a very good idea. All of us could get a few things and have a sort of picnic. Will be good fun.

The next time this happens I am not missing out on the fun thats for sure.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:57   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueofdatown View Post
Guys,

Had a blast and it was a Sunday morning well spent with like minded people.

Nandu Sir is a treasure trove of experiences and I was fortunate to tag along with him and thanks for your recommendation of desi hilton. Burrp !!

It was my first meet and had some apprehensions on how to break ice, but when I reached at 8.13 am, it was a warm welcome by 1self, and we got meshed like cogs in well oiled machine. 18 people took the pains of waking up on a cold sunday morning and coming all the way to Chandani Chowk.

My regard's to CANPUSH for uploading pics impromptu, sadly I have not appeared in any of the pics.

Looking forward to blend more at the next dinner meet.

Regard's
Sorry to miss you in Picture! Will take care next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
For those who did not attend, here is the list of attendees. I am sure I have missed a few, so please respond accordingly.

sukiwa
nanduchitnis
1self
torqueofdatown
heman_369
mikon
ninjatalli
F150
Monaro
subodh
Swanand Inamdar
siddeshb
jealousdiamond
noopster
jogidada
shipnil
selfdrive + 1 bored kid (no cars to see, only people talking)

My name is missing May be because I left early!

I fully agree the coffee was not worth it. It was lukewarm and even after twice asking to heat it up it was still lukewarm. In Pune, six people can have better and heart warming coffee in cost of one at CCD!

Last edited by CANPUSH : 8th January 2013 at 18:00. Reason: Some addition that I missed.
Old 8th January 2013, 18:09   #3150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
My name is missing May be because I left early!
Not at all. Added now.

In fact we spent quite a lot of time after you left discussing German cars and how your eponymous skills would be so useful on the twisties of Lavasa should one of them stall there

Agree on the overpriced coffee. 83 bucks for a medium cappuccino

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks