Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 15:19   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: *Installed* : Vtec indicator in my Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
edit: Well, I googled and found out that even cars with turbo have this EGT sensor. So from wiki!! using the change in temperature(outlet-inlet) we can say the turbo has kicked in or not, thus a LED blinks. I guess that helps.
Hey Alphakilo, Well.. As mentioned here, the ECM uses the values from EGT as well as the O2 sensor and other sensors to monitor the air fuel ratio. Moreover, the exhaust temperature is not solely a function of air fuel ratio. In modern cars, with DPF, the ECU triggers a post injection to increase the exhaust temperature to clear out the soot in the DPF. Hence, I mentioned that the EGT is not directly related to air fuel ratio.

However, the level of boost achieved by each turbo can be easily measured. So, as I mentioned in my earlier post, an LED can be triggered when a certain level of boost is achieved.

Old 16th July 2011, 15:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: *Installed* : Vtec indicator in my Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey Alphakilo, Well.. As mentioned here, the ECM uses the values from EGT as well as the O2 sensor and other sensors to monitor the air fuel ratio. Moreover, the exhaust temperature is not solely a function of air fuel ratio. In modern cars, with DPF, the ECU triggers a post injection to increase the exhaust temperature to clear out the soot in the DPF. Hence, I mentioned that the EGT is not directly related to air fuel ratio.

However, the level of boost achieved by each turbo can be easily measured. So, as I mentioned in my earlier post, an LED can be triggered when a certain level of boost is achieved.

yes, that makes sense too! But then how will be the level of boost measured?(units)will it be in terms of pressure or mass flow rate? how do we change the measured value into a output signal? If I remember my basic electronics correctly, the signal that can be used to send data to a measuring device can be used to trigger a light circuit correct? btw arent we slipping away from the topic of vtech to turbotech?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks