Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 13:56   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: A/c Evaporator coil fails 2nd time in my Ford Fiesta

The AC of our Xylo E8 ABS was not cooling sufficiently in day time. So took the car to an AC mechanic who told to replace AC Cooling Coil Sensor (I guess its Evaporator Coil) since as per him the AC was cutting-off too early before the cabin was cooled due to the faulty sensor . The part cost Rs. 2150/-. Before taking second opinion, I replaced it.
But after fitting new sensor, the AC (compressor) would not turn ON. He said that M&M vehicles need to reset the ECM (unsure whether he wanted to say ECU) to accept the new sensor. I don't know whether it was true. He told to leave the car at his place for 2-3 hours to clear the memory of the ECM. I did it.
While taking delivery of car, he also told me that the Blower was dirty and same has been cleaned as well.
He charged Rs. 300/- extra for that Resetting and cleaning of blower.
Now the cooling has much improved during afternoon. But I guess now there is ice formation on Evaporator Coil as I have seen Visible Cool Gas Fumes from AC Vents when the AC remains ON for @ 30-35 mins.
When I asked him about this, he told the Evaporator Coil might have clogged up and need thorough cleaning by removing it from Car which might lead to refill the AC Gas as well.

After searching on Google, came across Thermostatic Expansion Valve. How to diagnose whether he is telling truth or he bypassed the Expansion Valve or did some other mischief when I left the car at his place?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 14th February 2017 at 14:06. Reason: Corrected Typo Errors.
Old 14th April 2018, 07:27   #107
BHPian

Hi all,

My Ford Figo is 7.5 years old and from the last year or so the AC had started cooling less and since last few months, it has really stopped cooling unless we turn the regulator to 3/4.

Yesterday, I took the car to Ford Service centre for a check of the AC. After the test, I got a call informing that the cooling coil is leaking and the pressure switch also needs to be changed and both these replacement will require 16k, after which also they would need to check the performance.

I m thinking to show this elsewhere and check if the coil can be fixed.

Need two advice from the team:

1. Is the cost of coil and switch so much coz I see from the thread that replacing of coil is around 5k.
2. Are there ways to fix the coil?
3. Any suggested repair shop at Hyderabad towards BHEL/Miyapur etc. Where I can take the vehicle for second opinion?

Thanks
niel
Old 14th April 2018, 12:56   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel@Figo View Post
Hi all,

My Ford Figo is 7.5 years old and from the last year or so the AC had started cooling less and since last few months, it has really stopped cooling unless we turn the regulator to 3/4.

Yesterday, I took the car to Ford Service centre for a check of the AC. After the test, I got a call informing that the cooling coil is leaking and the pressure switch also needs to be changed and both these replacement will require 16k, after which also they would need to check the performance.

I m thinking to show this elsewhere and check if the coil can be fixed.

Need two advice from the team:

1. Is the cost of coil and switch so much coz I see from the thread that replacing of coil is around 5k.
2. Are there ways to fix the coil?
3. Any suggested repair shop at Hyderabad towards BHEL/Miyapur etc. Where I can take the vehicle for second opinion?

Thanks
niel
Hi Neil,
1.Yes the cost of evaporator is around 4k and labor + gas would be another 3k.
I don't think pressure switch needs replacement, maybe the svc is trying to make a quick buck.
2. It can be repaired but I wouldn't recommended this. If it develops a leak again, you'll be back to square one.

I can introduce you to my mechanic/ac technician but there's no way for me to send you his contact details since you don't have PM enabled.

This garage is near RCI balapur, which is a bit far from BHEL but the quality of work is good.
Send me an email by following the link from my profile.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks