Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 22:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

Hi Friends,

I'm starting this thread on behalf of my friend Ashwani Kumar from Faridabad who got the delivery of India's first New Swift ZDI and his car has already stalled thrice after many attempts from the showroom and the Maruti engineers working on it.

The car is currently in Maruti's possession and still not in working condition. Imagine the fate of an individual who waited for 6~ months and paid 7 lacs to get this baby home.

I have many more details along with letters as big as newspapers written to MSIL and other individuals however to no avail. I also have pictures of the car getting towed etc which i would be posting as soon as i get it from him.

I've constantly been following his case and am feeling equally bad as MSIL is turning a deaf year to his issues.

I have a detailed email communication of this case which my friend sent to all the concerned individuals in MSIL however he's asked me to wait till about tomorrow before i post the same here.

Here are 2 pictures from 2 different instances when the ZDI got stalled. Hope these pictures do a little justice to what i've told so far.

***Please note that the towing vehicles are different in both the cases - He had to pay for the instance when it was towed by the recovery van***

More to come soon

New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !-breakdown2.jpg

New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !-img00583201109251937.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2011 at 10:51. Reason: Adding pictures & more info to the opening post itself. Merging both your posts
harishnayak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 01:57   #2
BHPian

Re: India's first New Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days

No sooner the strike at the plant ends, another set of problems persist !
Hope that this thread doesn't intimidate the potential buyers. Interesting to know what fate has to say !
Will be glued on to this.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:01   #3
BHPian

Please post all the details at one go, Ask the moderators to move your thread to the assembly line section.

Also please ask your friend to give you all the insights that he could.

I hope this car is not from the lot that the workers sabotaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Yup. I advise all of our Bhpians to do a thorough PDI of the car.

Wonder what parts all those workers have sabotaged!
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Hope that this thread doesn't intimidate the potential buyers. Interesting to know what fate has to say !
Will be glued on to this.
This thread was started to create awareness of potential threat to life/their money that the new buyers might go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Please post all the details at one go, Ask the moderators to move your thread to the assembly line section.

Also please ask your friend to give you all the insights that he could.

Yup. I advise all of our Bhpians to do a thorough PDI of the car.

Wonder what parts all those workers have sabotaged!
He's had 3 Maruti vehicles in past and me 4 however i don't think atleast we both are going to consider a Maruti vehicle in the future till the time this issue of workers sabotaging vehicles gets over.

He's asked me to wait till tomorrow before i can post the entire details/Pictures etc.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:45   #5
BHPian

Where is he filling diesel from , there has been mass reporting of bad diesel in faridabad .Many car injectors had their diesel injectors damaged due to bad diesel of faridabad . Only good diesel we can get is from Thomson press petrol pump . I know friend must be feeling very bad as what has happened to his new swift. There can be a problem , my friend bought an i10 last year and has a faulty gearbox since day 2 but he filed a complaint . His car was repaired and offered a lifetime free service at Hyundai mohan co operative .
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I'm starting this thread on behalf of my friend Ashwani Kumar from Faridabad who got the delivery of India's first New Swift ZDI and his car has already stalled thrice after many attempts from the showroom and the Maruti engineers working on it.
By stalling, do you mean the vehicle refuses to start? Or does the vehicle stop while running and need the engine to be started again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
His car was repaired and offered a lifetime free service at Hyundai mohan co operative .
That is one sweet deal. If the labor charges are taken off, your service should be cheaper than what my Maruti costs me for each trip to the service station.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sabotaged? What is this? How worker can sabotage so that car will stall 3 times in a month. This is speculation IMHO.

Quote:
I
Yup. I advise all of our Bhpians to do a thorough PDI of the car. Wonder what parts all those workers have sabotaged!
How do you get to know such problem during PDI? Pleas explain this also. I can feel that PDI will only give you indication of scratches, previous use of car. No one can find engine problems during PDI.

This may one one odd case of car being stalled. Hope MSIL can get the solution to car owner soon.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

I hope I am wrong, but this may be one of the cars that were assembled with the dis-gruntled set of workers at Manesar. There were reports of certain bad elements trying to sabotage production...having said that - I think MSIL should have ensured that any vehicle that left the factory was perfect in every sense of the word. Else why on earth would anyone continue to trust Maruti as a "trusted" low maintainence car any longer.

In the larger picture - I'd say - to all fellow Bhpians - refrain from buying Swifts for atleast a month till all the lemons are taken care of or sold

It is unfortunate that you are having to deal with a badly built NEW car !! I can surely feel how bad that must feel..

Write to the company top management - nothing short of that & you may just get a replacement engine if not the car
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:40   #9
superveloce

Dear Bhpians

IMHO i dont think it would be right to point blame squarely at the workers.
Besides what could the workers tamper so much that the Best Suzuki engineers and trained dealerships/service technicians who have been repairing Diesel swifts galore now, aren't able to rectify?
Either the Complaint response team is not bothered to solve the plight of what is possibly their "Premiere" customer in India for the New Swift or due to the pressures of the other launches, coupled with the pressure of launching the New Swift as early as possible in the market, Maruti might really have had goofed up in the initial batches.
I would advise to sit back and keep keen ears on more such complaints being reported.

Disclaimer: I own a Maruti Swift Petrol vehicle and 4years & 50000kms down the road, I havent spent a single rupee on anything other than Service & Fuel. I have deep respect for MSIL but some doubts over the new cars' reliability.

Old 2nd October 2011, 22:49   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Harish, we would like to know more details on this matter along with detailed description of the problem. If possible copies of job cards and email communication. Without the details it is not appropriate to blame the company or the owner.

This happening to a brand new launch with tried and tested engine is very unfortunate.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd October 2011 at 23:10. Reason: typo word 'new' added
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:20   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Has this guy called up the regional office - technical side. Anyway this is a BAD incident & hope this is not related to workers sabotaging the car. Anyway wait for more info on this issue. I am sure you just stirred a hornet's nest and a lot of people who are in the queue are going to have a tough time.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:27   #12
BHPian

This is very unfortunate. I hope Maruti clears this up quickly upto the satisfaction of your friend.

I also hope that this is just a one off incident. I have been an owner of a previous gen Maruti Swift VDI and has not given me any problem. I just hope that the new gen swift too has all such qualities and more.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Very strong feeling that this is one of those 'sabotaged' cars from the workers sit in strike.
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:32   #14
BHPian

Quote:
He's had 3 Maruti vehicles in past and me 4 however i don't think atleast we both are going to consider a Maruti vehicle in the future till the time this issue of workers sabotaging vehicles gets over.
I know such an incident can be unnerving, But still don't write off a company buddy! Do the 4 cars you have owned have problems?

And I do hope this sabotage hype gets done away with!

Quote:
He's asked me to wait till tomorrow before i can post the entire details/Pictures etc.
Eagerly awaiting all the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Sabotaged? What is this? How worker can sabotage so that car will stall 3 times in a month.
Please check your facts. Maruti later realized about the sabotage issue. There are no limits on where a car can be tampered with.

Quote:
This is speculation IMHO.
Obviously it is speculation. The OP has not even posted all the details of the incident. Chances are high that this car 'might' be sabotaged.

Quote:
How do you get to know such problem during PDI? Pleas explain this also.
Checking for bad welding, anything Unusual found during the car is normally what we do for a PDI.

Please read this article: PDI

Quote:
I can feel that PDI will only give you indication of scratches, previous use of car. No one can find engine problems during PDI.
Just a word of caution to be more cautious! and a thorougher PDI is much more than that.

Quote:
This may one one odd case of car being stalled. Hope MSIL can get the solution to car owner soon.
Yup, It may be a one off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Besides what could the workers tamper so much that the Best Suzuki engineers and trained dealerships/service technicians who have been repairing Diesel swifts galore now, aren't able to rectify?
I do agree that blaming workers is not correct. But like I said earlier that there is no limit to what a person can tamper with.

And the dealership technicians will have to do a through analysis before they may be able to rectify the fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Very strong feeling that this is one of those 'sabotaged' cars from the workers sit in strike.
+1 buddy, even I have a feeling that this car may be from a bad lot.

Last edited by Furebo : 3rd October 2011 at 05:41.
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:02   #15

I am not questioing the genuineness of the issue the owner is facing. But to be fair to MSIL (and the way it is being portrayed , to the workers), please post all details in one go. If you are not in position to post details for some time, then the topic should also be held for some time. Otherwise it will lead to all kind of speculations which does justice to no one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks