Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 11:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exhaust pipe for Mitshubishi Lancer

best thing, get the exhaust pipe out and get custom fabrication done using stainless steel. You can bend this to stock measurement on mandrel bending machine, tig weld and put back. I have done this and found to be really cost effective and should last for a while!
Old 6th February 2013, 11:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Do the above, and in stainless steel it will be a lasting solution.

If you can't find a local fabricator contact automech or some custom exhaust manufacturer and ask if they can build one for you, in SS or MS (cheaper and rust prone).
Old 10th February 2013, 10:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeymist View Post
Hello Chewbecca,

According to me its not mandate that you go with the OEM part from a.s.s for an exhaust pipe for lancer instead consider replacing it outside. More over you will in queue for ages as the parts for lancer is just so scarce for a.s.s.! For all we know they might also sourcing it from third party

I replaced my stock exhaust pipe for my lancer from a workshop in Bangalore and it costed me around 2k for the replacement (abt an year back) and its absolutely fine, i don't notice any difference in notice or in the setup.

Hi Smoky/ Gokul

Can you please inform that particular Workshop name or other Similar workshops in Bangalore from where one can avail non-OEM Exhaust pipes ?

Thanks

I will not be able to suggest any workshops from Mumbai though !!

Keep Revving,
Gokul.
Hi Smoky/ Gokul
Can you please inform that particular Workshop name or other Similar workshops in Bangalore from where one can avail non-OEM Exhaust pipes ?
Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 05:55   #19
BHPian

Hello Lightning, I got it done at Shri mahalsa garage at BTM..this is just opposite to commerce@mantri,building's side entrance is BTM second stage. I also heard that carz on outer ring road also does this work but not very sure..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks