Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 10:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues with my BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
2. If your car is Sept 2011 and delivered to you in July 2012 then you have got a very old car and a probable cause for your problems. Check your registration details and see if the year of manufacture has been mentioned as 2011.
This is an interesting find; scary too. Also, did you get a good deal when you bought this car since we were expecting the new gen by that time ?

Wondering who the middleman was and if he had any role.

And about the loaner car; how come they give you a brand new car? Hope that car wasn't booked for some customer.

And about VW, a.s.s.; well browse around. Looks like apart from Toyota, rest all had bad a.s.s..
Old 24th March 2013, 10:23   #32
BHPian

Just bumping an old thread to show comparison of customer service in India and abroad.

This poor customer handling is not specific to any brand, it is across the board. It is just that the company has the policies in place but the employees are not interested in implementing them, just want to make their life comfortable. More unhappy customers is equal to more work for them, the great mindset of an average individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The Saint - I can understand your disappointment but none of the issues mentioned merit a car replacement.
Read this. The guy got a replacement vehicle for just an engine vibration at a particular RPM, i really doubt we would ever get that kind of treatment / customer service. For that we need to change. Become a difficult customer from the time of purchase itself and see how things shape up for you. You and your vehicle will be treated well. In our country, we don't get customer service, we need to demand for it. Peace....

Last edited by rajeshchand : 24th March 2013 at 10:39. Reason: Added more...
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 15:45   #33
BANNED

I need the help of this forum in supporting me against the malpractices which have been taking place the prroblems faced by me during the visit. I have the complete facts where they tried to dupe me with old model without informing me and all the time claiming it to be new model of 2013
Old 24th October 2013, 17:07   #34
BHPian

sir
I live in a small town in andhra pradesh and its because of such apprehensions that I did'nt go for an X1 but settled for a Yeti instead. These luxury marquees when doing thrift cars really mess up on the quality issues. Thanks for the post it only goes to show these cars are as falliable as our humble Maruthi
Old 24th October 2013, 21:40   #35
BHPian

Dhruv,

I recently bought a 320D which was a 2012 chasis. I was informed and did get a fair amount of discount. What problems did you face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv.tandon View Post
I need the help of this forum in supporting me against the malpractices which have been taking place the prroblems faced by me during the visit. I have the complete facts where they tried to dupe me with old model without informing me and all the time claiming it to be new model of 2013
Old 24th October 2013, 23:26   #36
BANNED

Hi Friends,
I would like to share the experience i faced with BMW. I request all your support and suggestions to bring the truth in front of everyone.

Let me frame down the whole issues which i have faced & want to know what how bmw can do to address my issues or should i take it with BMW Germany.

1. I enquired about the vehicle 320d on BMW website through which my contact details were forwarded to BMW local dealer Speed Motorwagen.
2. I was approached by Mr. Deepak on 15th July, Speed Motorwagen employee aka BMW local sales representative for the test drive. We had gone through the same and the rates to us were quoted for base line as 30lacs and sports line as 35lacs for the 2013 model of 320d. I also confirmed that i shall book now but would lift the vehicle in the month of January as my house is under construction and there is no proper place to keep it, for which the sales guy agreed & said no problem we can do that.

3. On 28th July the price confirmed was Rs. 29,60,000 again for the 2013 model, nowhere it was told or mentioned about the old model which the intentions of local dealership was to supply me.

4. Upon further negotiation on the base line model i was quoted a price of Rs. 27,50,000 by Mr. Deepak through the SMS confirmation dated 20th July.

5. However since we were evaluating cars in other brands of same segment we asked for some time to decide as its a very costly item and cannot be decided in a day or two.

6. Once again for finalizing my vehicle i approached BMW dealership on 27th August to finally book the car and then i was confirmed a total different price of Rs. 33,29,000 giving me the reason that due to dollar fluctuation the prices have increased. Is it like that in a month the company increased price by Rs. 5,79,000. Is it really true that a price hike of 21.05% in a month.
I will address this point to the supreme of authority @ BMW a written circular where price was increased by 21.05% due to dollar fluctuation

7. Still i asked that if any rebates possible so again they said let us check and confirm.

8. On 30th August i got reply that they have two color for the model enquired whichis Mineral grey & cashmere silver for which they will offer 28,00,000 for grey & 31,00,000 for silver.

9. I asked them finally that if they are interested in selling the car or not to which i was replied that final price of car for me would be 28,50,000. Where i agreed that ok fine i will go for 28 lacs which was confirmed to me earlier and i shall go ahead with booking but BMW dealer was not even ready to make it for the previous commitment he made.

10. After that we lost hope in BMW, such gimmicks, no responses, such bluff i never experienced this in my life. I thought that if this is the support shown to me pre sales , i wonder how it would been post sales.

11. Finally i had no option but to take my case to escalation to which i posted my experience on social media.

12. Seeing the effect on BMW the dealer once again approached me on 10th October offering me the same car now at 28,00,000 only after i complained to the higher authorities and posted my experience on social media. Had i been not sharing my experience i was treated like a dog for a bone that he will anyways come and buy the car.

I am attaching some screenshots of the communication which occured between me & the BMW dealership for proofs.

I request this forum to please help me teach a lesson to the dealer and if BMW is not aware about such practices they should be made aware about & finally i need help in getting the item i was shown and not the done by the BMW.
Please help me raise this issue as much as possible , as i wont stop until i find the true story.

Issues with my BMW 320d-screen-shot-20131024-11.17.31-pm.png

Issues with my BMW 320d-screen-shot-20131024-11.18.27-pm.png

Issues with my BMW 320d-screen-shot-20131024-11.18.55-pm.png
Old 24th October 2013, 23:40   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
To all the members,

I am sharing my experience with BMW India and their Dealer, i leave it upto you to decide whether you want to invest your hard earned money in such a brand which is so called German engineering and has issues in the engine with in 2 months of time and in less than 12k kms. On top of this they are least bothered to attend to a customer who spend their hard earned money. I am a very unhappy customer and would like to make others aware through team bhp to beware before you invest your monies in such a brand.

Below is all my communication with BMW India and their dealer and leave it to you to go through and decide if they have been fair with their approach, also for you to see the product quality issues, stress, inconvenience, sleepless nights that it caused me, and to add salt to the wound their attitude towards customer.

Below is all my communication with them in order:

Guys you decide and tell me what should you do in such a scenario, and whether you should spend your hard earned money like me to buy such a car and treatment towards a customer.

If you all think it is unfair then I should not stop here and make them hear that we INDIANS are not here to take any thing like this anymore. Lets join together to make this happen. Enough.

Cheers
Brother i have read your experience and feel that you have been badly cheated not just by BMW but mainly by the dealer.
I have faced same horrific experience for pre sales of 320d.

I request to please help me address my issue to the president if you can help i would be highly obliged.
Old 25th October 2013, 00:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Dhruv, so the problem is with the varying quotes the dealer gave you? Did he commit something to you and then go back on it? As far as I can see the quotes changed at each point you went to him, but the quotes are never the same. So unless you booked the vehicle and then the dealer increased the price, can it be called cheating?
Old 25th October 2013, 00:40   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Dhruv, so the problem is with the varying quotes the dealer gave you? Did he commit something to you and then go back on it? As far as I can see the quotes changed at each point you went to him, but the quotes are never the same. So unless you booked the vehicle and then the dealer increased the price, can it be called cheating?
Hi
the problem is that during the whole discussion i was never informed that i shall get 2012 car, i was in a clear mindset that i shall get the latest model because i visited in July 2013 and there were no launches during that time or afterwards in 3 series.

He was trying to dupe me with the price of 2013 model with the vehicle actual of 2012.

I understand quotes change but look at the magnitude of change. They are increasing prices by 21% in a month & then coming back to original price.
Also they never tell the year unless i probed .
Thanks to the blog of Team BHP which helped me find out such mal practices which are carried out.
As a customer i trusted BMW & its dealership that i would be getting latest vehicle but they tried to cheat at every step, every meeting.

I could understand a price change of 3-4% which is understandable but 21% is not possible my friend. Try look from the point of view of customer.

The main issue was the intent of cheating the customer and not telling the facts & truth, if you check the screenshot attached i was about to book car and just wanted to confirm the year and next mail i get is that car sold off whereas just a day before the director was ready to keep the vehicle for a week .

Just see the screenshots you will understand the heights of cheating done with me.
Old 25th October 2013, 00:54   #40
BHPian

Hi Dhruv, just to understand this better, did you buy the car and were given a previous model or you are upset about the change of prices?

If it is just the pricing, I think you can still negotiate and bring it down. You can probably check with other dealers.

Quote:
I am attaching some screenshots of the communication which occured between me & the BMW dealership for proofs.

I request this forum to please help me teach a lesson to the dealer and if BMW is not aware about such practices they should be made aware about & finally i need help in getting the item i was shown and not the done by the BMW.
Please help me raise this issue as much as possible , as i wont stop until i find the true story.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th October 2013 at 09:55. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 25th October 2013, 01:10   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
Hi Dhruv, just to understand this better, did you buy the car and were given a previous model or you are upset about the change of prices?

If it is just the pricing, I think you can still negotiate and bring it down. You can probably check with other dealers.
Hi sunny,
I am upset that the dealership wanted to sell 2012 chassis in name of 2013 and take the money accordingly. I was never concerned about the prices. My only issue is that i was since starting kept in dark for the year of make and never told until i probed and came to know of the true story.
Also these dealers are fooling customers by spiking the prices and then showing in name of discounts.

I have not booked the car until now, because the dealer is no more trustworthy. I wonder what should be done.
Old 25th October 2013, 10:35   #42
BHPian

Dhruv, I agree it is unethical if the salesperson tried to sell you an old model without telling you that. However, it is going to be difficult to prove that considering he has not accepted that anywhere. He has just said that it got sold.

It may be a good idea to check with some other dealers. There are discounts available on 320d. Don't let this experience bother you.

Quote:
Hi sunny,
I am upset that the dealership wanted to sell 2012 chassis in name of 2013 and take the money accordingly. I was never concerned about the prices. My only issue is that i was since starting kept in dark for the year of make and never told until i probed and came to know of the true story.
Also these dealers are fooling customers by spiking the prices and then showing in name of discounts.

I have not booked the car until now, because the dealer is no more trustworthy. I wonder what should be done.
Old 25th October 2013, 13:30   #43
BANNED

Hi

I have all the proofs to show them as cheats and their intentions
Tell me how can I provide the same and prove that what they are doing is cheating and unethical
Old 25th October 2013, 14:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I have all the proofs to show them as cheats and their intentions
Tell me how can I provide the same and prove that what they are doing is cheating and unethical
Dhruv,

I feel you are over reacting. I agree, they could have handled it better, but there is no need to 'teach them any lesson'.

Your two concerns are

1. Price Change - if they had changed the price and asked for more money AFTER you have booked the car, then it's wrong. You had not booked the car or paid any advance.

2. Year of Manufacturing - again, if they had taken advance from you for 2013 car and then going back or deliver a 2012 car, that is wrong.

If all these happened after you booked the car and paid an advance (however small the amount is), then your feeling is justifiable. In this case, I feel you are really over reacting.

Yeah, they could have handled things better, but I think it is more a reflection of how you were treating them also. Don't take me wrong, I'm not arguing or anything. Just putting down what I felt after reading your posts.
Old 25th October 2013, 16:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,
I would like to share the experience i faced with BMW. I request all your support and suggestions to bring the truth in front of everyone.

Let me frame down the whole issues which i have faced & want to know what how bmw can do to address my issues or should i take it with BMW Germany.
Are you sure that they were selling you a 2012 car? It could be that they were selling a 2013 make without Xenons and now they must have exhausted the stock of it and have baseline with Xenons (new addition in features) which they will try to sell at higher price tag. But you can still negotiate and get a good deal.

About playing ping-pong on price negotiations, I think this happens everywhere hence if you get a good price then you should just immediately book it. That is why it's a common known thing on forum and elsewhere that if you take your cheque book along with you for negotiations a further discount/freebies is mostly possible.

About holding a car after booking till January without full payment is difficult for any dealer because they also have to pay to the manufacturer once they book it. It is SA's mistake if he promised you something like that.

And I don't think BMW Germany will take any action as the concern is more or less related to pricing and year of manufacturing (which is no where mentioned that it was a 2012 car).

I would suggest try another dealer and see if the experience is any different before putting your efforts in "teaching a lesson". No offense meant

Just my two cents.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks