Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 09:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10

Excellent thread. Loved the detailed work that you have carried on the restoration. Those alloys are lovely. Congratulations!
What happened to the body kit?
Old 13th August 2014, 09:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work done Nimish. The car looks fab and above all your perseverance is what paid off man. Kudos.

OT : Dint you consider going with a set of matt grey alloys ? IMO it would have been a killer combo with the cars color.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Excellent thread. Loved the detailed work that you have carried on the restoration. Those alloys are lovely. Congratulations!
What happened to the body kit?
The body kit did not come out as i expected and hence its gone back to the design studio to get it reworked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Excellent restoration project Nimish. The beast has spent enough time behind the scenes and now it should be seen and heard! I'm hoping to see the machine in metal soon
Any time. Just drop in and take a spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats on a wonderful car and a great project Nimish. The car looks really good. Hope you'll update this thread from time to time.

Have miles and miles of fun!
The car is only 60% done and cosmetic upgrades are in. The meters and stuff have to be added. The thread will be updated and more pictures are coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Excellent work done Nimish. The car looks fab and above all your perseverance is what paid off man. Kudos.

OT : Dint you consider going with a set of matt grey alloys ? IMO it would have been a killer combo with the cars color.
The alloys were initially matte grey but as the project took shape the car was given a extra pearl coat and the matte grey theme didnt gel with it so it got changed.
Nimish anthony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 10:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, and its a job well done. It was a brave move to even think about owning a used Fiat and a S10 for that matter due to the spare parts issues and maintenance costs involved. But, when you have the passion for something you get the strength and determination to overcome any odds that come your way in achieving your goal.

It was always a dream to own a 1.6 Palio for me, and I almost had one in my garage. But, as destiny has it always, it never happened for the most silliest of reasons.

It was the year 2007 and we had sold our first car, which was a Wagon R. So around December 07, we were looking around to buy our second car and landed up in the Tata showroom.

Those days the Fiat and Tata cars were sold in the same showroom. So got my dad to have a look at the Palio 1.6 and the next car we saw was the Indica 1.2 Xeta.

Now, comes the funny part, my dad had no issues with the price difference between the two cars, but, his argument was that the Palio 1.6 had all power windows, and he wanted a car with no power windows or at least two manual windows at the back. His reason for the same was the horror Mumbaikars faced during the 2005 floods, and lot of people died inside their cars as the electrical's failed, and they were unable to exit the vehicle. So he wanted some peace of mind, and all my efforts to convince him just went in vain.

P.S - How much did you buy the S10 for? If you don't mind sharing with us.

Happy Driving!!!
Old 13th August 2014, 11:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
P.S - How much did you buy the S10 for? If you don't mind sharing with us. Happy Driving!!!
The total project cost for the car is 4 times the cost of the initial car. You can buy a new punto Evo for the project cost. But in the end there are some things money cant buy and one such thing is a new S10 so i rebuild one up.

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2014 at 20:06. Reason: quote tags fixed
Nimish anthony is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 11:42   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your accomplishment.
When I first saw and heard your earlier S10 in 2012, I had got goosebumps.

When I came to know you had to part with it, believe me I was shocked. Lucky car it went into safe hands, but I couldn't believe you parted with it.
But as they say, everything happens for good. This is not just good...it's wonderful

By the way, can you please post a video for us to hear the machine growl?

Congratulations again and wish you a lot of happy miles with the S10.
Also congratulate all the mechanics that helped you achieve the first of your two dreams.
Looking forward to your second Gypsy dream...All the best!
Old 13th August 2014, 11:51   #37
BHPian

Nimish, this is really heartening to see. I almost got goosebumps, and a tear of joy rolled down while reading the scene when the new engine was first started. Being an S10 owner myself, I could feel each and every emotion that you went through while restoring it.
And as JayD very well said, may the S10 tribe grow. Cars like our S10's are never bought with the mind. It's all a matter of the heart, and this is exactly what makes these emotions so difficult for others to comprehend.

On a side note, I was just wondering one day that what incredible "Classic" status our S10's would enjoy after say, 40 years from now. Would really wish to drive it till the end of my life

Cheers,
Shubhodeep

Last edited by RevvMusic : 13th August 2014 at 11:56.
RevvMusic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 12:21   #38
BHPian

Looks brilliant, Nimish. It must have been quite frustrating for you to wait close to a year to get her back on the road. Needless to say, all that hard work seems to have paid off. The car can pass off for a brand new car, at least that's what the photographs seem to indicate. Do post more photographs of the interior and the engine bay.
Old 13th August 2014, 15:31   #39
BHPian

Hats off Nimish.
This is a monster of a job to pull off.
Kudos to your spirit to keep going and what results have been achieved. Stupendous..
Old 13th August 2014, 15:54   #40

Nimish, this is massively awesome. I own a silver 1.6 GTX that is piling on dust and what not - for lack of time and funds. Restoring it has been a long-standing pipe dream and this thread was really exciting to go through. What an amazing moment it must have been to hear the engine crank back to life. If I were in Cochin, I'd hound you for a spin until you gave in .

For what it's worth I think the silver alloys work better than smoked ones. And more pics, please!
Old 13th August 2014, 16:00   #41
BHPian

Nimish: I want to add ffe to my GTX. Can you share the cost. BTW we shall meet and check the drag timing, that would be fun.

Last edited by vijaycool : 13th August 2014 at 16:01.
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 16:54   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on getting the car back on roads. The end result is quite nice. The S10 as always looks brilliant. The drive has to involving with the S10.

Happy mile munching with the super sport.
Old 14th August 2014, 10:40   #43
BHPian

This is absolutely wonderful! Hats off to your dedication and patience. Projects like these need loads of it!

Waiting to see some videos of the beauty in action!
Old 14th August 2014, 11:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Car. Fantastic Thread. Brilliant <3

May be someday, I will handover my car to you guys down south for a full "work".

Please do check the front LHS tyre mounting. It is facing the wrong direction.

Surya
Old 14th August 2014, 14:42   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
The total project cost for the car is 4 times the cost of the initial car. You can buy a new punto Evo for the project cost. But in the end there are some things money cant buy and one such thing is a new S10 so i rebuild one up.
So true! This is usually the case with old classics. Anyone who has rebuilt a Jeep to factory specification easily spends $$$ equal to a new Mahindra Thar (as I have with my 4x4).

As you rightly said, there are some things money just can't buy. The experience of rebuilding a vehicle is unparalleled; it keeps coming back everytime you are behind the wheel

Even if someone were to offer me two Thars in exchange of my Classic, it wouldn't be a deal.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks