Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 13:04   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I agree that the engine decarb was totally unnecessary. Common way for a garage to increase revenue!
Fabric cleaning.. well I for one, though I'm very finicky, almost obsessively so, about my cars' cleanliness, have found I just don't get time to properly clean the interiors. My hyundai garage did a 3M treatment for the interior that really made the car ultra clean, even I could not find fault. 600 bucks is okay for the results obtained.
Well, my experience with Trident hyundai to clean my interior was not so perfect. They could not clean some hard stains in the seat fabric and during delivery, when i asked about it, the service advisor said that it was the sunlight reflection from the windshield and it has been cleaned. I could not check this until the next day since i was in a hurry However, the dashboard was all shiny like a new car so i was initially happy at that time.
Old 6th November 2008, 13:43   #32
BHPian

Decarb

I knew that the decarb is a easy way for garages to earn money.. didn't mind the 1200, but the thing is I'm not able to attribute the increase in performance & smoothness to it.. maybe just the engine oil flush & change did the magic?

I do have to say for 600 bucks, they did a great job of cleaning the fabric.. the rear seat had lots of grime from the kids shoes. Only issue is that the small hair like fibres of the fabric have loosend up more than before.. seems like this should only be done occasionally.
Old 7th November 2008, 10:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
I knew that the decarb is a easy way for garages to earn money.. didn't mind the 1200, but the thing is I'm not able to attribute the increase in performance & smoothness to it.. maybe just the engine oil flush & change did the magic?
Just curious. How do the Hyundai service usually do the decarb? Do they open up the engine and clean it?
Old 7th November 2008, 15:14   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Just curious. How do the Hyundai service usually do the decarb? Do they open up the engine and clean it?
Not for 1,200 bucks they won't! This would be the automated carbon-clean machine way.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not for 1,200 bucks they won't! This would be the automated carbon-clean machine way.

Oh ok. I did some google and foundout some basic info about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
PraveenM, may be your car is performing better because of the Decarb. Experts shed some light on this.
K a s h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2008, 21:20   #36
BHPian

Yes this is the carbon-clean machine. I did ask the service advisor on the procedure . he said they'd disconnect the fuel lines and use the machine to feed the solvent/cleaner and run it for a while. Also they do look at the exhaust for the soot to come out.. Not sure if they do the coolant and engine oil flush at the sametime.

Kash, it is possible, the performance increase seen in the mid-range is attributable to the decarb.. low rev smoothness might be easily achieved by just an oil change.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:43   #37
k10
BHPian

Service due at 30 K

Hello folks,

it is after ages that i return to Team- BHP! And glad to see that the forum has gottten even better!

I have a 2008 GETZ Prime 1.3 GLS (the L is missing from the label now)

I just gave in my car today morning for service and some minor accidental repairs. The car has done 28k as of today morning, so i thought it would be a good time to get the service done.

I approached Shreenath Hyundai (solely because it is very close to where i stay in Mumbai). Now Shreenath has the following DEal:
-Service charge is INR 3500 which include the labor (850 ), cleaning air filter cleaning, oil change, car interior and exterior cleaning, interior vaccuming. No shampooing
- Wheel alignment, balancing, rotation cost an extra 850 bucks
- The service advisor told me that at this mileage, we change the spark plug, petrol filter, air filter, Fecon (?) unit, petrol injector. Now i am not sure if all these need to be changeed at this time. Can any one please advise me? The total cost for these spares would be INR 4500 approx.

Till i was in Pune i got my car serviced from Sanjay Hyundai, and their rates for servicing and labor seemed quite reasonable to me.

This is my first experience with Shreenath, and my fingers are crossed
Old 5th October 2013, 10:41   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz service schedule

I'm bumping up a thread that's years old, about a car that's years old. However, I'd like to share this information that I've pulled in through various sources, towards maintaining my Getz:

Getz Maintenance Schedule
Hyundai Getz service schedule-getz-maintenance-schedule.jpg
Hyundai's Labour Charges for Group I/II Cities (July 2012)
Group I Cities: Delhi & Mumbai:
Hyundai Getz service schedule-hyundai-labour-charges-group-1-cities.jpg
Group II Cities (incl. Bangalore):
Hyundai Getz service schedule-hyundai-labour-charges-group-2-cities.jpg
Labour charges for other cities: Check http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...harges-40.aspx
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed