Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:42   #1

Hyundai Getz service schedule

We bought a Hyundai Getz about 5 months ago. We took it for the first service aound 2,000 kms. I don't think they did anything during this service other than wash the exterior and clean the interiors of the car. The car now has about 6,000 kms on it, when should I take it for next service and what can I expect during this time, I am hoping atleast an oil change. Any advice would be much helpful.

Thank you,
JR
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Stick to manufacturer specified schedule. They will change your oil every 10000kms or so. Its recommended to get oil change at the first service even at 2000kms, but now most manufacturers dont require it.
One advice though, when the oil change is due, tell them not to change oil unless you are present. This way you are sure they are changing the oil and not draining little bit and topping up. This is a great way to make money. 4Litres oil. Drain 2.5 put in 2.5 and charge for 4 Liters. Not all workshops do this, but better be safe than sorry.
Also tell them to flush your oil completely before putting in new oil. This is a good practice for the first oil change.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2008, 16:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

My Getz is due for the 25k service now. I wish to know what all needs to be done?

Also, I wish to switch to Mobil1. Which grade? And as I can infer, if not done in my presence, is it more advisable to get it done from outside?
Old 1st October 2008, 16:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
My Getz is due for the 25k service now. I wish to know what all needs to be done?

Also, I wish to switch to Mobil1. Which grade? And as I can infer, if not done in my presence, is it more advisable to get it done from outside?
If you have followed the manufacturer schedule, you must have changed oil at 20k, next oil change will be at 30 k.

I also filled in Mobil 1, at 40 k, and have changed it last week at 50 k. It has done wonders for the car, feels like a spring chicken. Filling was done behind closed doors, but I trust my local Hyundai garage. The service advisor was full of praise for the fact I brought Mobil 1 for the oil change.
I used 5W-50 grade, Mobil 1 Supersyn

Last edited by filcord : 1st October 2008 at 16:41.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
If you have followed the manufacturer schedule, you must have changed oil at 20k, next oil change will be at 30 k.

I also filled in Mobil 1, at 40 k, and have changed it last week at 50 k. It has done wonders for the car, feels like a spring chicken. Filling was done behind closed doors, but I trust my local Hyundai garage. The service advisor was full of praise for the fact I brought Mobil 1 for the oil change.
I used 5W-50 grade, Mobil 1 Supersyn
What was the cost for 5W-50 grade, Mobil 1 Supersyn? Any specific reason for choosing the oil as my service is due next week and oil needs to be changed this time for Getz petrol
Also what precaution i need to take as presently my Getz run on mineral oil apart from full flush

Last edited by aka_iitd : 1st October 2008 at 16:56.
Old 1st October 2008, 17:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nopes, oil was not changed at 20k, but at 15k (mineral). Hence, I wish to switch to Mobil1 now at 25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
What was the cost for 5W-50 grade, Mobil 1 Supersyn?
Yes I have the same question. Cost of oil and flushing/labor?
Old 1st October 2008, 18:35   #7
BHPian

Oil cost me approx 3000/- (3.3 litres @ 900/- per litre)
Flushing was done with a flushing oil when I first changed from mineral to synthetic, can't remember exact cost but it was quite cheap, otherwise the cost would have stuck in my mind!
Labour was normal labour charge for a full service.
Old 1st October 2008, 21:50   #8
BHPian

I too changed to Mobil 1 SuperSyn 5W50 at 15K for my Getz. It cost me Rs 780/L and the ABRO flush was for Rs 200.

It definitely made a difference to my getz. Mine is due for replacement at 25K in another 3 months.
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
I too changed to Mobil 1 SuperSyn 5W50 at 15K for my Getz. It cost me Rs 780/L and the ABRO flush was for Rs 200.

It definitely made a difference to my getz. Mine is due for replacement at 25K in another 3 months.
Thats good i will get it replaced this time(2 weeks to go for next service).
One question we need to change the oil after 10K not after 6 months as people suggest. AM I right as i will take a year to complete 10K
Also any reliable shops near Kormangala Bangalore for procuring Mobil 1 SuperSyn 5W50

Last edited by aka_iitd : 3rd October 2008 at 09:09.
Old 4th October 2008, 18:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good i will get it replaced this time(2 weeks to go for next service).
One question we need to change the oil after 10K not after 6 months as people suggest. AM I right as i will take a year to complete 10K
Also any reliable shops near Kormangala Bangalore for procuring Mobil 1 SuperSyn 5W50
Dude
Regarding the oil change interval for synthetic; my reading in this forum suggest that 9K or 10K is the ideal interval. I would not change it based on time interval because it will also take me one year to complete 10K.

I dont know any shop near koramangala. But if you trust the shops in JC Road then I can suggest a shop where i got mine. This address was provided in the Synthetic oil thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/416370-post209.html
Just remember to negotiate hard. He may quote you 850/Litre but u must negotiate and bring it down.

One more thing; if u plan to go to Advaith Hyundai for the synthetic oil change; then they may not do it for you. They would want you to buy the oil and flush from Advaith itself. But Trident had no problems if you procure the oil and flush from outside. (I had made my oil change at the Trident service in Jakkasandra and they were happy to do it for only the labour charges.)
Old 7th October 2008, 16:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Dude
Just remember to negotiate hard. He may quote you 850/Litre but u must negotiate and bring it down.
So they give the oil from big can to us. i though it comes in packed bottle. I think Getz need 3.3 lit
Old 7th October 2008, 21:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
So they give the oil from big can to us. i though it comes in packed bottle. I think Getz need 3.3 lit
To the best of my knowledge, Mobil 1 comes only in 1 litre and 4 litre plastic cans. The Getz with 1.3 engine, as well as my Baleno, need 3.3 litres each. Save the balance for the next oil change, then for the next, and so on!
Old 7th October 2008, 21:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, Mobil 1 comes only in 1 litre and 4 litre plastic cans. The Getz with 1.3 engine, as well as my Baleno, need 3.3 litres each. Save the balance for the next oil change, then for the next, and so on!
Yes, Mobil 1 comes in only 1 and 4 litre cans.

My Getz has run in only 12 and is due for 4th service in November. I plan to go for synthetic oil in the service after next and use it for 1 year as my daily running is less.

What is the shelf life for synthetic oil once the can is opened? As my running is less nowadays, the change would easily take 10 to 12 months.

I plan to get the oil from J.C Road shop. Thanks for letting me know the bargaining part.
Old 9th October 2008, 11:56   #14
BHPian

I had bought Getz Prime 1.3 GLS in June 2008. I find it giving me an FE of about 9.5-10 only. 1st service is done too. So is it the driving style that is the problem or change in oil can do some good? 2nd service is due in Dec 08.
Old 9th October 2008, 18:53   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
I had bought Getz Prime 1.3 GLS in June 2008. I find it giving me an FE of about 9.5-10 only. 1st service is done too. So is it the driving style that is the problem or change in oil can do some good? 2nd service is due in Dec 08.
the getz gives around that much mileage. infact mine gives less when ripped. dont expect it to go up by more than 1 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks