Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2006, 00:18   #46
ECM
BHPian

harmless means cable connectors connected in sensors.You will soon have check engine indicator in your car mostly.Change plugs plz as 69K is a long inuf run to perform this job.Do all jobs what I have mentioned,if all fails wait for c.e.indicator and then like me(I hope so)change cam position sensor.
Old 10th May 2006, 00:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

ECM, its "Harness" and not harmless!!!

Im not surprised Karthik got it right!!!

"rdkarthik" is the only guy in India who builds his own performance ECU's for Indian cars...His business functions under the name "Race Dynamics"(www.racedynamics.in)

So if the problem is anywhere close to ECU's and stuff, he is our man!!!
Old 10th May 2006, 00:46   #48
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf

"rdkarthik" is the only guy in India who builds his own performance ECU's for Indian cars...His business functions under the name "Race Dynamics"(www.racedynamics.in)

Thx for pointing my error,I shall keep this in mind next time.Yes I meant harness which is harmless!
Old 10th May 2006, 00:52   #49
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf

WOW!! Amazing man with lot of talents.I shall call him tomorrow w.out fail.He is my man in short.It is so much delight to see someone doing this wonderful job in India and most of ppl(without you I could have never come to know about him)not knowing at all.Cudos to him and to his parents.

Last edited by ECM : 10th May 2006 at 00:53.
Old 10th May 2006, 01:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Infact Karthik happens to be my tuner hence I could open my mouth without hesitation...He knows ECU's damn bloody well.

4 out of 5 cars that ran his custom performance ECU's had podium finishes(including mine) in the last months Speed Run...a drag racing event that happened in bangalore.

Pls contact him if you have any doubts regarding ECU issues, he would be more than glad to assist Im sure...

p.s: Sorry if Ive gone off topic.

Last edited by The Wolf : 10th May 2006 at 01:08.
Old 10th May 2006, 22:12   #51
BHPian

my plugs have run for only 5000 kms as i changed them last service... i will get my sensors checked as soon as i can...
Old 10th May 2006, 22:30   #52
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
my plugs have run for only 5000 kms as i changed them last service... i will get my sensors checked as soon as i can...
When u changed your fuel filter buddy?Dont worry and think much and let check engine light comes if it is a begining of a saga like mine,cost is 2200 bucks for the sensor which I replaced.
Old 10th May 2006, 22:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey ECM,
even i am facing this problem. check my post on car knocking at higher speed
Old 11th May 2006, 10:06   #54
BHPian

@ all: i have a 2002 baleno with 185/80R13 rubber and it returns me an average of 10.5 in heavy gurgaon traffic. even with occasional standings while my wife is doin some shopping. haven't checked the highway mileage but will post as soon as i do it.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Now that @ECM's problem with his Baleno is solved, I guess it won't hurt to get back to that 20kmpl FE claim.
During my highway drives (around 1700kms), I have got FE ranging between 16 and 16.5 kmpl (measured by the tankfull-to-tankfull method). I drive at the max speed that the road and traffic permits - have gone upto 140kmph max. My average speed was in the whereabouts of 80kmph. And I always keep the AC on.
Instead, if I were to drive at a steady pace of 70kmph (a la ECM), I am sure that I could get an FE of atleast 18kmpl. And on top of it, if I do not use AC and keep windows closed (a surefire recipe to get grilled in Tamilnadu), and ensure minimal load in car, a 20kmpl FE does not look impossible. So, even though @ECM's claim of 20kmpl FE on highways might look like a big deal, it is actually quite possible with some effort and sacrifice.
But, then will I give up the comfort of AC and the fun of high speed (not rash) driving to get a 3-4kmpl increase in FE ? No, Thanks.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th May 2006 at 11:12.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremebaleno
But, then will I give up the comfort of AC and the fun of high speed (not rash) driving to get a 3-4kmpl increase in FE ? No, Thanks.
you said it man chk out gto's post on why do indians only car abt FE!!!
Old 11th May 2006, 14:13   #57
DRC
BHPian

Good to know the problem is sorted out. And we all know one more possibility a car can go wrong and to check in case of a problem. That is the purpose and spirit of this team.

Regarding the FE, it is not impossible. we all know in spite we redicule each other for fun . I get 12.6km/l on my petra on highways, have tried and got 16 once, it can be repeated, but with out fun.

To discuss more about it , I think there is a thread about it already, can we move there, Just not to confuse subject of the thread and the content. Mods please...
Old 11th May 2006, 17:26   #58
Team-BHP Support

Since the problem has been fixed, this thread will be closed. The discussion on FE can happen elsewhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks