Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 06:38   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
My Maruti Suzuki 4-speed AT is about to complete 12 years, has clocked less than 20Kms. The ATF looks bright red and I have not noticed any unusual transmission behavior.Does ATF disintegrate purely based on the time factor though the car is used less?
In my view, as long as the properties of the ATF are intact, and the gears are shifting fine, the fluid in your can go on for two years. Manufacturers' recommendations are based on many parameters like the type of use, ability of the fluid to withstand the stress on the gearbox, and several others that I am not aware of. Plus some margin is also built in. The decision to change or not to change the ATF rests with the owner and his/her risk appetite.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 03:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Automatic Transmission - Gearbox oil change

What is the ideal operating temperature range for ATs?
Old 28th June 2023, 22:09   #33

I have a Grand i10 AT I have been asking Kun Hyundai Chennai service people asking for AT oil change they always mention it's not required. Then I need to tell them I have driven 1lakh KM then they check for the price and tell me it will cost Rs 6,000 and it needs to be ordered and will take a few days. After a few days, they never call back.

Is it case with all the Hyundai service centers?
Old 17th January 2024, 17:46   #34

ATF for the 2018 Creta facelift diesel automatic is at 8 years or 1 lakh kms. I bought a pre-owned model recently that has done more than a lakh kms. Wondering if I should go ahead and do it. Can someone please recommend the right oil and should this be done at a FNG or at Hyundai ASS in Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks