Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2016, 20:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda Accord: AT gearbox problem

Thank you mods, for merging my thread with another T-Bhpian(virtualdanger).I should have been scrupulous enough to have searched for an existing thread instead of creating a new one. My Bad.

Nevertheless, the problem he faced is more or less similar to the one I faced, with my Honda Accord AT. The information shared across , in that thread is applicable to my issue as well,for example:

Quote:
VeyronSuperSprt:
Here's what you need to do:

1. First check whether the D sign blinks on the dashboard when the problem happens.

Exactly the same thing I observed on HUD during the course of the issue.

Quote:
d_himan:
my 2 cents: I drive an Accord with a refurbished AT.

1. I'm guessing this deterioration would have happened over time, usually it is never sudden. You would have noticed jerks during shifting, felt downshifts/upshifts especially while coming to a halt/N to D etc.
True, I had been observing the same for past 2 months , additionally a few days before the problem occurred , whenever I would pull the gear selector from "N" Neutral to "D" with the car standing still, the usual forward movement would simply not happen! I had to specifically push throttle , then it would start moving.

The ASC quoted a figure of INR 400,000 for the replacement job of the Automatic Transmission and 1 month time. Notwithstanding , the fact that there were other issues like Suspension and Steering OH, and other parts like a recurring steering pump issue, and replacement of radiator fan, starter motor etc , which required immediate attention ASAP,that the bill shot up to somewhere around INR 650,000.No wonder , My father and brother decided to let go of the car itself.
Old 27th January 2016, 02:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2007 Honda Accord transmission issue(AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Thanks for your response, Rahul Bhalgat, tj123

Rahul, you have answered the second question adequately, However, didn't answer the first.

" Did I brought irreparable damage to the AT such that the problem got out of hand and reached a point of no return?"
Or ,
" Whether, I followed the above 2 options or brought the car back to New Delhi, irreparable damage was anyway done at that point in Panipat. Therefore, whether I followed any of the above options, The damage was done, and the AT had reached a point of no return. ?"
Hi ritedhawan,

Sorry, your first question was skipped because I was thinking about the second question and drafting the answer.

Going by the logic that I have put, the cause of the AT malfunction is repairable. It did not reach a point of no return.

The AT gear train with its clutches and brakes forms the core of the AT box and this is pretty complicated to dismantle, troubleshoot and assemble back. As per my logic, the problematic elements were the pressure relief valve or the AT pump or the solenoid. These things are outside the complicated AT gear train with clutches / brakes.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 27th January 2016 at 02:36.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 19:08   #33

SOS!! Desperately looking for a automatic transmission gearbox (yes, the whole thing) for a honda accord 2010 2.4. Someone please help. It is criminally expensive in the company. I dont mind a used one. But gotta get the wifes car sorted or she'll throw me out.

PLEASE PLEASE help with any leads.

Thanks
Saakaar
Old 6th February 2016, 16:59   #34

And the problem we also faced was exactly the same as faced by virtualdanger. The scan report of the car showed "Shift Solenoid valve A STUCK ON"
"A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve A Stuck ON"

We got a used gearbox from mayapuri. The issue remains. Now the mechanic is suggesting we convert it to a manual

Giving it to Honda wont work cuz its just way out of budget. I really dont know what to do. PLease advise. thanks

Saakaar
Old 16th January 2020, 22:58   #35
BHPian

Hello Seniors ! Need your guidance to diagnose issues in my 2009 Honda Accord 2.4 AT. The car vibrates when engaged in Drive(with brakes fully pressed). There are absolutely no vibrations with/without air conditioning in N, P or R mode. I have replaced the rear and side engine mount, upper transmission mount but the vibrations are still there. I had taken the car to Honda last week to get the transmission oil changed.

The car has done close to 86000 Kms.

Please advise.
LovemyOHC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 08:22   #36
BHPian

Pls advice. I am still facing this issue. Another issue that has surfaced now is random stalling. The car suddenly shudders, rpm drops to 500 waits for a sec or two and stalls. There are days when the car stalls frequently and at the same time goes on without stalling for 3 to 4 days.

So far done the following:
1. Reset and calibration of throttle body using HDS
2. Replaced fuel filter and also checked fuel pressure
3. Valves adjusted- pick up dropped post this
4. Found one of the ignition coils leaking sparks. Covered it with electric tape
LovemyOHC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 09:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
the whole exercise should be over in 15-20 days! At least, that has been my experience in Bombay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Now there could be an electrical issue or a hydraulic issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Pls advice. I am still facing this issue.
I came across your post and took a look at it because I own an Astar AT and I am quite paranoid about keeping my AT in good shape.

I have no answers to your specific situation, but my suggestion is that you quote the posts of people who have replied above to elicit a response. Otherwise they are unlikely to notice your post. I have quoted d_himan who has plenty of experience with ATs and I would search out all his posts on the same. I have also taken the liberty of quoting Rahul Bhalgat who has given some detailed information in his posts. Since I am not the one asking for help here, I have not quoted the others who have equally informative posts - you can request them for information as you see fit. I hope you've eliminated all other sources of rough running and stalling before you decided to look at the AT.

Do keep us posted on how you fix your AT (and other problems). Thanks and good luck!

Last edited by mvadg : 9th April 2020 at 09:23.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 09:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Pls advice. I am still facing this issue. Another issue that has surfaced now is random stalling. The car suddenly shudders, rpm drops to 500 waits for a sec or two and stalls. There are days when the car stalls frequently and at the same time goes on without stalling for 3 to 4 days.

So far done the following:
1. Reset and calibration of throttle body using HDS
2. Replaced fuel filter and also checked fuel pressure
3. Valves adjusted- pick up dropped post this
4. Found one of the ignition coils leaking sparks. Covered it with electric tape
D_himan
Rahul Bhalgat

Please help

Most Viewed