Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 09:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford recalls 1.66 lakh units of Figo & (Fiesta) Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...service-action

I checked with my October 2011 made Fiesta 1.4 tdci and it says

Curiously, only yesterday i visited Ford ASC for 30k service and there was no mention of this.
I guess the decision was made only yesterday, and it took time for the message to get across to the dealers. Best of luck to you.

The press report says 'unusual noise' from the rear could be an RTB issue, so I think it does not refer to squeaks, which are common to most hatches. Let us await further reports.

By the way, what is the issue with the Power Assisted Steering? The press report does not elaborate. But when my 2007 Fiesta was around 2 years old, a Ford Service Advisor visited my home and inspected the power steering, and found it to be ok. He said Ford had ordered inspection of the PAS of petrol Fiestas, as the hose was improperly placed.

The same pipe was found to be leaking when the car was 4.5 years old, and out of warranty. But when I wrote to MDs office, the hose was replaced FOC, as a goodwill gesture.

Though Ford deserves credit for the above, I am concerned that the power steering of so many cars is now suspect. Is it a vendor problem?
Old 14th September 2013, 14:16   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Although the numbers are huge, it doesn't appear to be serious issue. They are probably looking for a bolt that is not tight or a hose thats touching something.

Tavera's case was unique. It failed to meet the law. Recalls for defects are not mandated
I will repeat from rajeev_k's post on Ford's version of the defects. Pl deduce yourself, if it's a serious issue or not.

What I meant was that with the issue coming to public and Govt attention that these biggies are sitting up and taking notice. Everyone understands the actuals, I guess.

Then, Ford India had said a potential crack in the RTB first manifests itself in the form of an abnormal noise from the rear. If the vehicle continues to be driven and the noise symptoms are ignored, it could lead to the RTB unit breaking, resulting in diminished ride and handling and brake performance — potentially rendering the vehicle inoperable.

In the case of the PAS Hose issue, the company had said there was a potential for development of an oil leak, which could result in potential fumes being emitted from the area causing the leak.

It may also be possible for power steering fluid to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust components creating a potential for smoke and, in extreme cases, fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Well well well ... Here it goes! I think I won the long fight with Ford I had the Power Steering issue as well as Rear Sqeaks right from 5000kms and was in conversation with Ford President's office for long.

Anyways, I was screwed up already (due to other factors) with my 2012 Fiesta Classic TDCi and sold it yesterday
Thanks for the input Sam. This is what i meant, Ford knew of these issues all along, why the sudden customer focus now,@Mpower, hope I am clear now ?
Old 14th September 2013, 14:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Checked my vehicle Ford Fiesta Classic purchased, Nov 2011 which shows one Field Service Action.

1 FSA Number: S1204
FIGO & FIESTA/IKON REAR TWIST BEAM

Will be taking the car to Wasan Ford, Chembur sometime to get the work done.

Thanks for sharing the information.
Old 14th September 2013, 21:01   #19
BHPian

To me, this recall looks like an extension of earlier recall of the Figo. My car wasn't in the list earlier but it is there now.

I got the RTB for my Fiesta Classic done today. It a 3+ hour job, so please plan your day for the repair/replacement.

Hose pipe issue is with Petrol models only is what I was told.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:54   #20
BHPian

Re: Ford recalls 1.66 lakh units of Figo, Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
To me, this recall looks like an extension of earlier recall of the Figo. My car wasn't in the list earlier but it is there now.

I got the RTB for my Fiesta Classic done today. It a 3+ hour job, so please plan your day for the repair/replacement.

Hose pipe issue is with Petrol models only is what I was told.
Any perceptible difference while you drive now? Did you hear any squeaks from the rear end of the car before the RTB replacement? If yes, has it been fixed now? Or is the squeaking completely not related to RTB?
Old 14th September 2013, 23:24   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ford recalls 1.66 lakh units of Figo & (Fiesta) Classic

My Fiesta Classic Feb 2012 Manufactured will need the RTB replaced.

A lame question - I will leave the car on Monday morning at FORD asc and take it in the evening. How will I know that the RTB was replaced! I'm sure they wont give the old RTB to us.
Old 15th September 2013, 07:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post

Thanks for the input Sam. This is what i meant, Ford knew of these issues all along, why the sudden customer focus now,@Mpower, hope I am clear now ?
Yes lifebuoy, thats what amazes me. If Ford knew it was a common issue, they could have admitted to me and taken the corrective steps, instead made me a fool.

@all: My squeeking noise from rear axle was peculiar since it happened only for cold starts. After riding a few kms in the morning it vanishes! Was it the same for all of u ?
Old 15th September 2013, 08:15   #23
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

A lame question - I will leave the car on Monday morning at FORD asc and take it in the evening. How will I know that the RTB was replaced! I'm sure they wont give the old RTB to us.
I think they will have to show the old RTB in inventory to Ford so that your replacement can be marked as complete. Atleast this was the case when my CBR was recalled last year.
Old 15th September 2013, 19:30   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

Dunno about the procedures at Ford, but when TATA changed the wiring harness + starter motor on my Nano, they had to return the old parts back in the same packing case that the new parts came. The starter motor screw mount was physically bent and destroyed so that it is rendered unusable (dosen't find its way into some spares at an unscrupulous dealer).
Old 16th September 2013, 23:38   #25
BHPian

Re: Ford recalls 1.66 lakh units of Figo, Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Any perceptible difference while you drive now? Did you hear any squeaks from the rear end of the car before the RTB replacement? If yes, has it been fixed now? Or is the squeaking completely not related to RTB?
Mine is Classic; it does not have any squeaking sound at the back unlike the Figo. There is no change in the behavior of the car though
Old 17th September 2013, 09:04   #26
BHPian

@all: My squeeking noise from rear axle was peculiar since it happened only for cold starts. After riding a few kms in the morning it vanishes! Was it the same for all of u ?[/quote]

Yes, same with my Figo. Quite apparent at the start. Gradually fades out. Have you checked with your A.S.S. What did they have to say about the noise? Mine have not been able to fix inspite of pointing it out twice.
Old 17th September 2013, 09:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post pictures of the old vs new REAR TWIST BEAM ?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 10:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
No. They aren't recalling the already recalled Cars. Confirmed from the VIN. Mine isn't in the batch. So, I can rest easy.

^ Mine was earlier recalled & RTB was changed.
This may not be true. Mine was also recalled earlier for RTB (RTB replaced in last year recall), still my car figures in Latest FSA. Mine is Fiesta March 2010 model.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:31   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
This may not be true. Mine was also recalled earlier for RTB (RTB replaced in last year recall), still my car figures in Latest FSA. Mine is Fiesta March 2010 model.
Is it?

Then I would advise other to take note of it & contact Ford.

Thanks for the heads-up
Old 17th September 2013, 10:50   #30
BHPian

Ok, my March 2011 Figo is also included in this recall. A month before, the vehicle went for the 30K service and they replaced the entire Power Steering assembly that time. So, I suspect they already knew that this was coming. Now, I have to get the RTB also replaced. They also replaced the rear wheel bearings that time. I suppose that this was a work around trial.

"There is 1 Field Service Action
FSA Number: S1204
FIGO & FIESTA/IKON REAR TWIST BEAM
Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer"

Last edited by A350XWB : 17th September 2013 at 10:53.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks