Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2013, 17:00   #16
BHPian

re: 2013 Skoda Octavia TDI: Headlight Assembly Fading @2500kms

It was the year 2001, I was in my teens and was in a hostel. From my dorm window, I spot a silver sedan that looked completely out of this world. It had a beautiful design and the logo was something I was seeing for the first time. It was love at first sight for the Skoda Octavia. This was the moment I admired Skoda and their simple yet elegant design philosphy. Back them I did not know about automatics and DSGs and lemons.

Fast forward to 2013, I have seen the logo multiple times and have even test driven couple of cars from their stable. But thanks to Team BHP, my admiration and love for this company is no longer there. I never thought I would say this. But I now prefer Asian cars over their European counterparts.

Keep up the fight. Hope things get alright pretty soon.
Old 30th October 2013, 18:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What was the cause of the engine noise?
And a DSG issue already,looks like you got a lemon,please push for a replacement.
Agree with the above. I think this thread is for solutions on how to resolve his issues, rather than going on ranting about how bad Skoda is and blah blah. So lets stay on topic, there are enough threads to rant about Skoda.

Vikram I'm very interested in knowing what caused the engine noise in a 450km old car. Please do give us more details? And what does this DSG noise sound like?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 30th October 2013 at 18:59.
Akshay1234 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 20:32   #18
BHPian

They have changed the flywheel and the noise is gone.
vikramv007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 22:08   #19
BHPian

Its a TDI ambition DSG. skoda has as of now arrested the noise and i am pretty satisfied.. hope the issue doesn't crop up again. skoda promptly flew in a chief technician who identified the problem and solved it.
vikramv007 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 23:08   #20

I am happy to hear your problem has been solved. Hopefully it was a one-off issue.

What is a matter of concern is that Skoda had to fly in someone to trouble shoot the problem ( hats off to them though for doing that - signals a change in their approach). The diagnostic ability at a dealer level is clearly poor with extensive reliance on support from the factory - more so than other manufacturers, in my experience of a little over 4 years of owning a VW Jetta, and before that a Toyota, ford, Opel and Maruti.

If I were you i would be pretty vocal in sharing this feedback. Hopefully they will do something about it, or at least show some more alacrity in attending to your car the next you visit them for whatever reason.
Old 30th October 2013, 23:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
Its a TDI ambition DSG. skoda has as of now arrested the noise and i am pretty satisfied.. hope the issue doesn't crop up again. skoda promptly flew in a chief technician who identified the problem and solved it.
That is a big thumbs up to the service department. Sales department still sucks! Happy for you and your ride. Enjoy it now without worrying sub consciously about the noise
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 08:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Good. These steps if taken consistently will surely re assure the Skoda fans who have been skeptical lately. Many of us were keenly watching this thread.Happy that this ended with a thumbs up.
Old 31st October 2013, 20:56   #23
BHPian

Great to hear that the problem is resolved and kudos to the Skoda team for addressing it at appropriate level. Did you get the details of why the issue was happening to a new car - was it because of quality of parts or some other reasons for this fault.
Old 31st October 2013, 21:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have changed the flywheel and the noise is gone.
Hi,
Do you know if it was a dual mass flywheel, and whether it was replaced by a similar item.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 1st November 2013, 10:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know what to say - such a problem in a brand new car would have outraged me, while I am shocked to see they fixed it (i honestly can't believe they actually fixed it, I know them for 4 years and they are really a hopeless bunch of people - I am talking about the dealers).

Hope you get to enjoy this wonderful car going forward without having to go to those thieves again.

Can you get some pictures of the parts they replaced or a copy of the job card - you will have to shout on top of your voice to get any of that, but it ill be worth it, i think.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st November 2013 at 10:26.
Old 1st November 2013, 10:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vikram,

Nice to hear youre issue's been sorted. One point I have for is that I hope you're following the "break-in" procedures for the new vehicles. If not, you may face keep facing lots of issues. Just my 2 cents.
Old 5th November 2013, 15:08   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After a week or so there was a knocking noise from the engine.
Vikramv007,

Can you please share more details here.

1) Was the noise constant? or when did you notice it (eg. only when accelerating/decelerating OR constant noise when cruising OR only when braking, etc)

2) Could you describe the sound in a little more detail.

3) Where did it sound like it was coming from.

Thanks,
R
Old 5th November 2013, 19:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure what exactly was wrong because its actually the Petrol engines that are prone to the 'knocking' (pre-ignition) problem...not diesels
Old 9th November 2013, 01:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

I am almost too sad to report this, a weird kind of noise from the engine, between 1500 and 2000 rpm, in all 7 gears, since evening today. Will be going tomorrow at the service station to get it checked :( mine is a 1.8 TSI.
Old 9th November 2013, 10:24   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
One point I have for is that I hope you're following the "break-in" procedures for the new vehicles. If not, you may face keep facing lots of issues.
What break-in procedures? What could you possibly do to an AT car in 450 km of running that requires a flywheel change? And do you honestly think Skoda would replace any part under warranty if it were not defective?

There is no point trying to place responsibility on the driver here. Skoda had some quality issue. To their credit they fixed it. Don't know about the new downshifting noise that vikram reported. Hope that is taken care of too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks