Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2013, 19:25   #1
BHPian

2013 Skoda Octavia TDI: Headlight Assembly Fading @2500kms

Hi

We bought a 2013 Skoda Octavia DSG on the 17th of this month. After a week or so there was a knocking noise from the engine. It was taken to the dealer last thursday. Since then there has been not much of progress and they have not been able to identify from where the noise is coming. I think it would be prompt for Skoda to replace the vehicle or refund the money. The whole new car experience is gone. The car has done just 450kms.
Old 29th October 2013, 19:35   #2
BHPian

re: 2013 Skoda Octavia TDI: Headlight Assembly Fading @2500kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
Hi

We bought a 2013 Skoda Octavia DSG on the 17th of this month. After a week or so there was a knocking noise from the engine. It was taken to the dealer last thursday. Since then there has been not much of progress and they have not been able to identify from where the noise is coming. I think it would be prompt for Skoda to replace the vehicle or refund the money. The whole new car experience is gone. The car has done just 450kms.
Yes. This is real better pill. Even if it turns out to be one off defect case, all eyes will be now on Skoda on how they handle this case. I feel bad about you and I am, not sure why, feeling nervous about outcome of this incident. May be I am obsessed with Skoda's machines.
Old 29th October 2013, 20:32   #3
BHPian

Sorry to hear the issues mate. I hope for you Skoda tries to soothe your nerves and hope you have a good experience unlike others who had a horrid time with Skoda.

Best Wishes
Old 29th October 2013, 20:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

This is really sad! what kind of noise is it? Is it coming even when the vehicle is at idle or only under load? Hope its not a case of bad fuel, these engines are terrible with bad fuel.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 20:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

We bought a 2013 Skoda Octavia DSG on the 17th. The whole new car experience is gone. The car has done just 450kms.
I hope it's addressed properly by Skoda after all its their flagship model. Getting a replacement or refund is tough, since they are bound to repair under warranty clause. I fully understand how you must be feeling, since I went through similar experience with my civic few years back. It's not good for the brand which is already on shaky ground. I saw more complaints online, than appreciation for new octavia. I'm on the verge of plonking my hard earned money on yeti, and these reports don't provide any assurance or solace to prospective customers like me.
Skoda - please take action and show that you have changed for good... Beyond the online service prices or online booking platform. Put a smile on vikram's face, and we shall share that smile as well.
Old 29th October 2013, 21:06   #6
BHPian

One's heart literally sinks when this happens on a newly bought car.
I still remember Td'ing the new skoda, the dealer actually let me take it for a 10Km+ TD. I did ask him about the DSG gearbox issues i had heard of haunting VW's and Skoda's and his reply was "All issues have been solved". Could it be the GB problem again? or maybe a small component?
Now even i wonder how Skoda would handle this, given their track record on maintenance.
Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Good luck!
Old 29th October 2013, 22:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear. TSI or TDI?
Old 29th October 2013, 23:15   #8
BHPian

Oh my god not again . God save people who trust skoda and vw forth so called german quality. I am a victim of vw too. It took me almost 6 months to get my jetta fixed by the vw guys. My car doors still make noise even after countless checks and visits to the service centre. They have some pathetic excuses for the lack of quality in the fit and finish of the car. Be patient and most probably it may be a minor issue. Followup with them rather chase them till they sit up and redress your grievance. This thread is enough bad press for skoda.
Old 30th October 2013, 14:14   #9
BHPian

Engine noise arrested. Looks like a DSG issue now. New noise when down shifting manually.
Old 30th October 2013, 14:59   #10
BHPian

Scary stuff. Did they do something to fix it Vikram or did it just go away?
Old 30th October 2013, 15:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Engine noise arrested. Looks like a DSG issue now. New noise when down shifting manually.
DSG issue already. is it the TSI or TDI. Please provide more details about what caused the problem and how it was fixed and what is the new problem encountered
Old 30th October 2013, 15:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vikram,feel sorry and a real shame that a reputed manufacturer like Skoda Auto is putting us through this ordeal.
One Mr Venkat has started a similar thread on Team BHP. I am hoping that it is the same car?
Old 30th October 2013, 16:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god, not again. This forum is full of such scary/horror stories about VW group cars. Even my friendly neighbourhood bosch service center gets terrified when he sees a skoda coming to him. Everytime i start convincing myself to get a skoda, something like this comes forward. These type of manufacturers are really taking Indians for a ride especially Skoda whoose punchline is Skoda-"Simply clever". Yes, they are simply clever. They are clever on manufacturing the cars without quality testing and taking we customers as guniea pigs. They vehemently deny this fact and even threat of going legal against anyone who raises voice against them. We being the members of this forum should take stand against such manufactures and even pass on this message to other who are naive or innocent/non-suspecting buyer. It is just due to our innocence that we fall victims to such companies. Had it been a Maruti/Honda/Toyota, they would have done everything in this world to close the escalation.

Last edited by su1978 : 30th October 2013 at 16:10.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 16:35   #14
BHPian

This is terrible! I was planning to go to the Skoda showroom today evening, to book a Rapid! Having second thoughts now!! But, I guess, we are used to seeing issues on flagship models, 1st it was Tata's falgship - Aria, and now, Skoda's Octavia!
I hope Skoda guys sit up and notice this thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th October 2013 at 17:02. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Old 30th October 2013, 16:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What was the cause of the engine noise?
And a DSG issue already,looks like you got a lemon,please push for a replacement.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks