Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Re: On Board Diagnostics (OBD) for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surojit View Post
Hi,

I need an urgent information. For all of BS4 compliant TATA and ALeyland trucks, what are the OBD2 port pinout configurations? What are the manufacturer specific PID's which can be retrieved?

Many thanks in advance
*** Surojit M
These are OBDII, however they are 24V (please confirm using multimeter)
Will work on EOBD 24V scanners. However there will always be few PIDs and few DTC which can be seen only on service tool than open source OBDII.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 00:02   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
These are OBDII, however they are 24V (please confirm using multimeter)
Will work on EOBD 24V scanners. However there will always be few PIDs and few DTC which can be seen only on service tool than open source OBDII.
Thanks Dev. If we can get some specific PID's which are assigned by manufacturers, it would be nice. Are we saying that these are never available publicly?
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dev. If we can get some specific PID's which are assigned by manufacturers, it would be nice. Are we saying that these are never available publicly?
80%+ is available in public domain, the rest professionals do reverse engg to find it out, this is just seeing live PIDs and DTCs.

However there is 2-way commands like Activation Test, Programming, etc are more complex to reverse engg
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:08   #34

Great / thanks indeed Dev. I am presuming that for TATA which has Cummins BS IV engines, the pinout is for the 9PIN round diagnostic connector. This is translated to a 16pin connector and communication to is via the CAN bus and scanning is still via LM 327 IC. Please correct if the understanding is wrong. Many thanks again...
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Great / thanks indeed Dev. I am presuming that for TATA which has Cummins BS IV engines, the pinout is for the 9PIN round diagnostic connector. This is translated to a 16pin connector and communication to is via the CAN bus and scanning is still via LM 327 IC. Please correct if the understanding is wrong. Many thanks again...
First Things First, I think its 16pin connector and not 9 pin round.
Best is to personally go and connect to a TATA vehicle of your interest. ELM327 will work for few minutes before its blown off on 24V system!

Using Torque any other app, create a dump of Live PIDs u can see. DTC will be tricky as u need to generate those errors to read.
Old 15th January 2017, 20:37   #36
BHPian

A dumb question but I could not get answer in earlier posts.
I have a torque app and elm327 Bluetooth obd reader.
I need to find answers to two problems
1. The Bluetooth adaptor remains on and blinking even after car is switched off. Won't it drain the battery? I don't want to plug and unplug the adaptor everytime. Can anyone suggest options? So I have just unplugged it and not using as of now. Not optimal use of the device I would say.
2. The torque app shows data/stats when you view it live on your cell phone. Is there a way by which it can store data which you can review later? I tried to explore a lot but want able to figure out a way.

Any help appreciated.
Old 15th January 2017, 21:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
1. The Bluetooth adaptor remains on and blinking even after car is switched off. Won't it drain the battery?
2. The torque app shows data/stats when you view it live on your cell phone. Is there a way by which it can store data which you can review later?
1. I have been leaving it plugged for as long as I have had it. Hasn't been a problem ever. Moreover, Bluetooth and an led, in principle, should not drain so much battery to be of any problem.
2. In Torque settings there is an option to enable logging - 'toggle logging'. It will create a log of the selected PIDs which can be then emailed / uploaded in csv format for review later on.
Old 16th January 2017, 23:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
1. I have been leaving it plugged for as long as I have had it. Hasn't been a problem ever. Moreover, Bluetooth and an led, in principle, should not drain so much battery to be of any problem.
Thanks. That's a relief. Have left it plugged in today since morning. Let's see.

Regarding logging.
I was able to log it now. Thanks. Got worried since it never asked me a location to store logs. But have realised now that it stores logs in default folder 'torquelogs'.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th January 2017 at 04:52. Reason: Broken quote tags fixed.
Old 20th January 2017, 17:41   #39
BHPian

Hi folks.
My dad's Celerio Auto shift. Jus refused to engage gears. Everything was working. Except that the car refused to move. (From N to D)
The Maruthi authorised service center did an OBD and this is the errors there got pls help decode this.
DTC - P188C
B1189

Any help will be valuable. They are clueless
Old 20th January 2017, 20:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
The Maruthi authorised service center did an OBD and this is the errors there got pls help decode this.
DTC - P188C
B1189
P188C - All wheel drive relay module communication circuit
P188C - Audio [+] output #17 (TBD) circuit open

More info on following links
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 18:14   #41

Are there any OBD2 Apps compatible with Android Auto?

I'm imagining a setup to convert the HUD (Nexon) as dashboard where the OBD2 guages (or atleast the readinging) could be displayed a la Torque Lite/Pro.

This post (Ford Endeavour : Official Review) by n.devpath explains configuring Sync3 on Endeavour with help of OBD2AA app. Unfortunately it has been removed (The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience) from Google Play.

Any thoughts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks