Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 13:34   #31
BHPian

Sorry to poke in but I have similar problem with my wipers

1. When I turn them on when it just started raining, they dont make noise, then after some time the squeaky noise starts, as the rain increases it suddenly stops. And then I dont hear that noise till next day when I start from dry windshield to wet one.

2. When my wiper make a forward move (from rest position to top) they clean very well, but on their return path they leave water on the glass, similar to what will happen if you move a wet cloth on glass.

The wiper arms & wiper blades are new (got them replaced 2 months back) and now my wiper link which I had a terrible experience with is also new (By MSS).

Can some body tell me if my blades are the problem or something else.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:20   #32
BHPian

Guys please help

Hello there,

Please guys, since last few days I am facing this problem & really the wipers are actually bluring the vision than clearing it.

Since I have new (2-3 month old) wiper blades (do not know the brand, as I aksed for them and the fello at milan subway assembled them on my car)

Should I change the wiper blades or any stop gap solution is available which will make them good for a month (as thats the only time rain will stick in mumbai, I do not expect the rains in october or november so can get new wiper blades may be bosch in next year & wont spoil the new ones for the rest of the year which will again make it necessary replacement next year.)
Old 1st October 2008, 16:30   #33
BHPian

Hi Sachin, Just check if the wiper blades sit exactly perpendicular to the windshield. Else take a cutting plier, hold the arm and twist it along its length to bring the blades perpendicular. The squeeking sound and irregular cleansing during the forward or return stroke is because of improper (not exaclty perpendicular) seating of the blades on the windshield. I did this to my friend's Cielo and the squeek was fixed. Do try it out and let us know the result.
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed