Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 16:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Tasteful Maruti SS80 Restoration, my gift to Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujitknaik View Post
Hi Ashwin, where do we get Rear Tail lamps, if yes let me know the shops I can check.
Tail-lamps are not tough to source bro. You can easily get Alpha Toyo tail-lamps from any good spares shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKN View Post
Fantastic work and painstakingly done up. Congrats....
Noted in the Pics that the wipers & the antenna on the front were not fixed- has it been completed
Thank you so much bro. Yes the wipers and antenna are fixed. Will post some pictures soon
Old 25th August 2014, 09:25   #47

Hi Ashwin, can you message me your number to my id, sujit18in@yahoo.co.in. Have some issues with my car.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:28   #48
BHPian

Great restoration brother! Looks as if it has just rolled out of the factory! Nice seat covers too!
Congrats!
Old 27th August 2014, 13:50   #49

Need help with starting problem with my car. If the car is idle for 2 days, it won't start. Pulled the fuel pipe from the carburetor and cranked the engine, but fuel was not passing in. Need to suck the manually after cranking there is petrol flow. This happens only if the car is not used a couple of days. Let me know if this is the problem with the fuel pump, checked with my mechanic and he says, there is no problem with the fuel pump.
Old 9th September 2014, 13:11   #50
BANNED

Hi Ashvar87
Lovely restoration work and nice attention to detail.
Can you tell me what brand of red oxide and primer you used for the underbody and internals of the car? Any surface preparation done before applying the red oxide and primer on the underbody and internals?
Thanks and Best Regards
Old 9th September 2014, 19:39   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujitknaik View Post
Hi Ashwin, can you message me your number to my id, sujit18in@yahoo.co.in. Have some issues with my car.
Really sorry for my late response Sujitnaik. I have mailed you my contact details. Feel free to contact me any time. Will do my best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Great restoration brother! Looks as if it has just rolled out of the factory! Nice seat covers too!
Congrats!
Thank you so much for your compliments bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Hi Ashvar87
Lovely restoration work and nice attention to detail.
Can you tell me what brand of red oxide and primer you used for the underbody and internals of the car? Any surface preparation done before applying the red oxide and primer on the underbody and internals?
Thanks and Best Regards
Thank you bro. You got a good point here, Since there was no trace of rust and the galvanization was intact inside the cabin and under-body, all I had to do is, clean and degrease the surface completely and a mild sanding was also done. Meanwhile old synthetic sealants in metal sheet joints were removed and new sealant was applied. This is how the surface was prepared.

On top of this Redoxide primer + Esdee surfacer+ Aspa red with Asian clear was applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvar87 View Post
_
Dear Yaejay, Your reply to my thread clearly implies that you are an ardent SS80 Lover and you have come across each and every word of my thread. Hope you enjoyed my restoration.

Thank you all for your valuable response and appreciations. SS80 is adding up lots and lots of new friends to my list - the best thing an automotive enthusiast can get in this world, thank you Team-bhp.

Here are some pictures of the car clicked during my short drive yesterday,touchwood, she is still young and robust for her 30years of age.
Attached Thumbnails
Tasteful Maruti SS80 Restoration, my gift to Dad-10264577_491822877620193_4183634718836889398_n.jpg  

Tasteful Maruti SS80 Restoration, my gift to Dad-1937479_491822914286856_1437289311356860288_n.jpg  

Tasteful Maruti SS80 Restoration, my gift to Dad-10599453_491822947620186_3450699497164036005_n.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2014 at 22:26. Reason: Quoted post edited.
ashvar87 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 08:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pictures of the car clicked during my short drive yesterday,touchwood, she is still young and robust for her 30years of age.
Great job ashvar87.

One small suggestion though, especially since you sourced the amber park/indicator lamps in front. If I'm not wrong, the position of park lights is on the outside and indicators are on the inside in the original car, which seem to be inverted in your case. This should be an easy DIY fix.
Old 10th September 2014, 20:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Great job ashvar87.

One small suggestion though, especially since you sourced the amber park/indicator lamps in front. If I'm not wrong, the position of park lights is on the outside and indicators are on the inside in the original car, which seem to be inverted in your case. This should be an easy DIY fix.

Think the position is right. But I think it was Amber and white. Its been a long time since I drove one to remember right. Maybe Zenren is right.

Last edited by YaeJay : 10th September 2014 at 20:15.
Old 16th May 2015, 23:21   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Really sorry for my late response Sujitnaik. I have mailed you my contact details. Feel free to contact me any time. Will do my best for you.

Thank you so much for your compliments bro.

Thank you bro. You got a good point here, Since there was no trace of rust and the galvanization was intact inside the cabin and under-body, all I had to do is, clean and degrease the surface completely and a mild sanding was also done. Meanwhile old synthetic sealants in metal sheet joints were removed and new sealant was applied. This is how the surface was prepared.

On top of this Redoxide primer + Esdee surfacer+ Aspa red with Asian clear was applied.

Dear Yaejay, Your reply to my thread clearly implies that you are an ardent SS80 Lover and you have come across each and every word of my thread. Hope you enjoyed my restoration.

Thank you all for your valuable response and appreciations. SS80 is adding up lots and lots of new friends to my list - the best thing an automotive enthusiast can get in this world, thank you Team-bhp.

Have sent you the Monograms 800 and DX. You will be receiving them in a couple of days.

Here is the link which can help you with the original positioning of the monogram-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3501432

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:17   #55
BHPian

Congrats ashvar87 Superb detailing...
sreerama is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks