Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2006, 13:42   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

JDM D15B vtec motor!

Hey guyz,
Finally got myself the JDM motor, in my workshop installing it right now, should be up and running in a week or so plus a mugen ecm to go with it with a twin configuration at a flick of a button for street and drag spec so wish me luck n will keep you guys posted on whats coming up further and what kind of mounting issues or anything that i face while the installs are going on..cheers! looking at getting her up from stock 130hp to about 160hp for the time being while my 1.6 litre block arrives..
Old 8th July 2006, 14:23   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Isnt this the SOHC , 16 v running in the 92 civics ??

Wondering why u didnt go for the B16A G1 at 160 bhp or G2 at 170bhp .. Also is LSD standard with the engine ?? Do post up a few pics of the install ..
Old 8th July 2006, 14:41   #3
BHPian

Hey Nitroxx Congrats Buddy for the Motor & good luck for the build, lemme know if i can help you out in any ways.

@ mclaren LSD comes standard on Type R & Integra & on some "B" Series JDM motors like mine one should look out for transmission number & LSD Stamp marked on them, there are other ways too in which you can find out if your engine is LSD Equipped without opening the gear box.
Old 8th July 2006, 14:47   #4
BHPian

[quote=nitroxx]Hey guyz,
should be up and running in a week or so plus a mugen ecm to go with it with a twin configuration at a flick of a button for street and drag spec quote]

REALLY??? HOW????

PLEASE THROW SOME LIGHT ON ITS WORKING!!!
Old 8th July 2006, 15:03   #5
BHPian

Congrats buddy
your excitments shows in ur message
do post in the installation pics
cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 8th July 2006, 16:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

The crazy car gets crazier!!!

Congrats dude. Now how about a nice M/T gearbox to go with the engine?

Shan2nu
Old 8th July 2006, 16:25   #7
BHPian

[quote=R32_GTR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
Hey guyz,
should be up and running in a week or so plus a mugen ecm to go with it with a twin configuration at a flick of a button for street and drag spec quote]

REALLY??? HOW????

PLEASE THROW SOME LIGHT ON ITS WORKING!!!
Ya thats possible with OBD1 ecm even i have done it myself for my ECM it works like this mine is an P30 OBD1 ecu, the processor & Map is stored in 1 main I.C which is the main 16 bit Processor when you chip a ecm it uses the same processor but reads the Map from an external ROM, the ecm is modified with supporting I.C namely the 74HC373, resistors & jumpers so that it reads from external rom now this external rom will have a different more aggresive map where power is of more concerned than fuel economy it can run any map done up by JUN/Skunk2/Mugen or custom one done up on a dyno, all these are prefixed Vtec Shift/Rev limiter fuel & ignition altered for more power & one has no control over it, The ECU is running in closed loop mode now, Closed loop is where the ECU ignores the O2 and has a preset mixture in the ECU for power stored in map in external rom. One can disable this external Rom anytime by changing the jumpers inside ECU so that it goes back to open loop mode (Stock Mode) & reads the stock MAP which designed for balanced Fuel economy & power. U use a Switch to do this & ur done, but according to me it requires some more minor modification in the circuitry to run it fool proof, its possible only on OBD1 ECM,If you have an OBD2 ecu you will require a conversion harness to work with OBD1 ECU. I hope this explanation is simple & straight forward.
Old 8th July 2006, 18:13   #8
BHPian

[quote=Ford Rocam]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR

Ya thats possible with OBD1 ecm even i have done it myself for my ECM it works like this mine is an P30 OBD1 ecu, the processor & Map is stored in 1 main I.C which is the main 16 bit Processor when you chip a ecm it uses the same processor but reads the Map from an external ROM, the ecm is modified with supporting I.C namely the 74HC373, resistors & jumpers so that it reads from external rom now this external rom will have a different more aggresive map where power is of more concerned than fuel economy it can run any map done up by JUN/Skunk2/Mugen or custom one done up on a dyno, all these are prefixed Vtec Shift/Rev limiter fuel & ignition altered for more power & one has no control over it, The ECU is running in closed loop mode now, Closed loop is where the ECU ignores the O2 and has a preset mixture in the ECU for power stored in map in external rom. One can disable this external Rom anytime by changing the jumpers inside ECU so that it goes back to open loop mode (Stock Mode) & reads the stock MAP which designed for balanced Fuel economy & power. U use a Switch to do this & ur done, but according to me it requires some more minor modification in the circuitry to run it fool proof, its possible only on OBD1 ECM,If you have an OBD2 ecu you will require a conversion harness to work with OBD1 ECU. I hope this explanation is simple & straight forward.
thanks rocam

too much info!!!! i'll just take your word for it....

Bullet points would have helped!!!!!hahhahah

WHY NOT JUST GET A POWER FC WITH A HAND CONTROLLER INSTEAD...and while you're at it...throw in a turbo as well to go with power fc..

Who the hell do you find to do this for you in bombay???
Old 8th July 2006, 18:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

[quote=R32_GTR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam

Who the hell do you find to do this for you in bombay???
Right that's a very good question and something even I would like to know!!

BTW great work Nitroxx now we all are just waiting to see the results and pictures of the install
Old 8th July 2006, 18:35   #10
BHPian

[quote=iraghava]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR

Right that's a very good question and something even I would like to know!!

Well you can do it yourself if you have good electronics background & good soldering practice plus you should know what you are doing do plenty of research & on different forums on Building Honda, you will find plenty you need to give some time for it theres no rocket science involved in this ! I will try to post pics of My ECM which undergone this very soon .

@ R32gtr see post no 41 on that Top Gear thread for turbo info i have posted.

p.s : Sorry Nitroxx to hijack your thread.
Old 8th July 2006, 18:50   #11

hey jitu thanx for that brilliant explanation and you run the swap trend so its not called hijacking its called godfathering thanx a million dude youre my inspiration....and rest turbo on its way in a month running her stock for the time being and mclaren one thing,some of us arent financially strong enough yaar to afford a b series so im sorry didnt live uptp your expectations but from whati make a d15b with turbo should be good enough till I can afford a spoon coz thats my where im headed in the next 2 years... jitu once again thanx for your support really need it.

shan2nu sorry missed out on your question...yeah got the manual running exedy and VTEC in your golden words...this ones a three stage motor so I hope youre gonna give it a shot when its ready and my ecu programming and support is from Zakie dunno if youve heard of him but in columbo hes the god of vtec tuning and got AP racing valves..short shifter,larger injectors n launch control as well.just hope this works out the way i plan I'm sure with you guys around for support wont go wrong...oh yeah n official man behind the scenes is ported head THREE CHEERS for him !!!
Old 11th July 2006, 17:13   #12

way too many questions have been thrown at me.. so thought I put it up in one reply where did i get the engine its self import, if someone needs another got one too with mugen spec ecm,plus wanted to let you know that as of now we've got the engine cleaned up at my garage and going for the install tommorow,rest alls looking good added to the list is an ITB...and also in talks with a close friend, going carbon fiber on the hood and trunk gimme 3 days to confirm along with the turbo.
Old 12th July 2006, 15:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy,
Your excitment really appears in your message.
Best of luck
Old 12th July 2006, 20:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey you must be thrilled Lots of fun driving ahead for you, let us know how it goes and some pics of the operation would be good!

O/T : Is there an integra engine being transplanted into an OHC that anyoen knows off in Bangalore ?
Heard a rumour, thats it. Thought Id check in with you guys :-)
Old 12th July 2006, 23:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
O/T : Is there an integra engine being transplanted into an OHC that anyoen knows off in Bangalore ?
Heard a rumour, thats it. Thought Id check in with you guys :-)
WHAT?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks