Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 14:58   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze: Oil leak, engine seized! A bad experience with Honda service

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
The car fires on all cylinders buddy, all the time. We don't have cylinder shutdown mechanisms on any mass produced cars in India. This was about the driver.
Thanks. Is this mechanism present on mass produced cars, elsewhere?
Firing on all cylinders in the context means high revving or redlining the engine immediately on start up.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th March 2015 at 22:42. Reason: As requested
Old 19th March 2015, 15:16   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems that complaints to car manufacturers follow this pattern:

Dealer says, "a-b-c-d-e..."

Customer complains to manufacturer, who replies, "We'll ask the dealer."

Manufacturer, having asked dealer, responds, "a-b-c-d-e..."
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 16:08   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Thanks. Is this mechanism present on mass produced cars, elsewhere?
Firing on all cylinders in the context means means high revving or redlining the engine immediately on start up.
Firing means just combustion sir. Every engine fires in all cylinders exception being cars with cylinder shutdown mechanism like accord v6.
Old 19th March 2015, 18:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It seems that complaints to car manufacturers follow this pattern:

Dealer says, "a-b-c-d-e..."

Customer complains to manufacturer, who replies, "We'll ask the dealer."

Manufacturer, having asked dealer, responds, "a-b-c-d-e..."
haha so true nicely put up. Bang On!!!!

Guys think from a common man's perspective. If instrument cluster shows an error then only he is suppose to know that something is wrong. If instrument cluster doesn't say anything then everything is fine for him. We cant expect everyone to open the bonnet and keep checking. You and me are interested init common man is not!! Why did he paid 8 lakhs to Honda? because he must have thought that it's fill-it-shut-it-forget-it and premium which Honda is asking is really worth. But finally what does he get in return of his brand new 8 lakh HONDA car?? additional bill of 2.5 Lakhs . and frustration. That is not a nice picture. So, either HONDA should take a responsibility or dealer should take it. Why that poor soul should pay for it. We can't expect everyone to be an enthusiast.

Just now when i did a tankful from Shell, i saw a lady doing a coolant top up in her almost new Brio. The moment I saw brand new Blue colored almost new Brio, i started thinking about why does she need it? But then I quickly left the place as I was in hurry.

Last edited by me@fiat : 19th March 2015 at 18:55.
me@fiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 19:36   #95
BHPian

Parimal, Very sad to hear the story.
Now I know why honda doesnt offer warranty beyond 40K.

Without wasting much time, hit the consumer court. Drag the dealer and manufacturer both and make them understand indian consumers are no stupid.

Wish your friend all the best.
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 22:11   #96
BHPian

Now my friend has again sent a mail to Honda customer care for further clarification.
I think we can ask dealer to fit that filter again to the sump and ask to pour some amount of oil in it. Just to check if it really leaked from there or not.
Also ECU logs as they claimed, owner ignored the warnings on the dash board.
Also video footage the way the dismantle the engine.
Need to find independent agency who deals in such finding. And worst part of Honda is dealer said they don't get a new engine from the company, all parts needs to be assembled at Service center, this is ridiculous but again cant just trust the dealer, may be his engineers need practice to rebuild the engine.

Last edited by parimal_g : 19th March 2015 at 22:12.
Old 20th March 2015, 10:16   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Need to find independent agency who deals in such finding. And worst part of Honda is dealer said they don't get a new engine from the company, all parts needs to be assembled at Service center, this is ridiculous but again cant just trust the dealer, may be his engineers need practice to rebuild the engine.
Shocking!!! 1 Engine dena bhaiyaa is this is how we are suppose to buy HONDA? haha

About an independent agency, there are quite a many state of an art tuning garages in Mumbai or Pune. Will they be able to help? They should be able to find it in detail that what exactly has happened or at least can give you a guesstimates. There is nothing which cant be found on TBHP.
me@fiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 11:15   #98

Going by what has gone by in this case, is there a way to find out whether the Oil sensor had gone off post the leak. There should be a sensor log present in the ECM which should prove to be good evidence to assess as to what might have gone wrong in this case. If the log is present and if it has no detail of the Oil sensor going off then we have a stronger case here.....Safe Driving !!
Old 20th March 2015, 11:17   #99

If there was an oil leak in the first place it would have left oil marks especially at a place where the vehicle is parked,and will take quite some time to drain.

If the company is giving vague explanations and refusing to act upon it ,try filing a consumer complaint against Honda.
nikhilmadgavkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 11:31   #100
BHPian

Sorry state of affairs with Honda

In fact this is the case with all companies, consumers have to fight out each time when an issue happens. Apart from the pathetic response by Honda and its dealer, I'd also like to know the Insurance company name which can also be pressurised to take up the case. A consumer buys insurance to have a peace of mind, if that doesn't help when it is needed most, what is the use !?

Maybe another option is to take the car to another (supposedly better) Honda dealer in the vicinity and take a 2nd opinion. And I request all BHPians to publicise this on social media so that Honda notices and takes action.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 12:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Even I have noticed this mark, but that's not facing towards road...it's vertical. Maybe it was damaged while removing engine from the car.

As its very difficult to get damaged like this, it's then horrible quality of Honda. I have asked my friend for explanation of this from Honda A.S.C.
Hi Parimal_g,

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident. I think this is a serious manufacturing defect and should be dealt with the company. Honda products are known for its superior quality of parts.

However, there can be exceptions like in the case of your friend.

I sincerely request Honda to come forward and help in such instances.

Warm Regards,

Sajeesh
SAJEESH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 12:30   #102
BHPian

Sorry to hear about this. Besides being an unsavory experience for the owner, thanks for posting it here as fair warning for the community about Honda's attitude towards its customers:"profits before people" right?.

I can't help be (repeatedly and unsurprisingly) "amazed" at the frequency at which these horror stories recur (be it Honda, Skoda or the other upmarket brands). Makes you wonder whether you're buying into a car, or into a headache.

On a related note, I have a close friend who's similar experience with his diesel Linea has resulted in the car being lying rusting at the dealer's since eons now. Slowly but steadily, that too is heading towards the Consumer Court. In the meantime, he's moved over to a trusty Hyundai Verna to "keep things moving" so to speak.

I wonder if the lack of visible "external damage" to the oil filter in the pics here prove that, at least from a legal standpoint, Honda is evidently lying through its teeth? And can't that be cause to sue for cheating or fraud or something?

Last edited by dhruvtanwar : 20th March 2015 at 12:33.
dhruvtanwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 13:08   #103
BHPian

Really sad to hear this. I would second what most others are saying, file a case in consumer court. It will be a long and tough fight. Also, in case your friend pays 2.7lacs for complete repair, there is no guarantee of the workmanship. It would be money gone down the drain.

The onus of proving how external damage could have happened at that location rests on them. It would be very difficult for them to prove external damage. Also, I think your friend should not be leaving the car with the untrustworthy dealer for such a long time. My 2 cents.
Old 20th March 2015, 13:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,
3> Is it a good idea to lodge a complaint with consumer court ..? Any Idea about the procedures and expenses.
First, send an E- Mail or letter [ preferably a lawyers notice ] to Honda Motors and to your Insurer informing them about the incident. If they fail to revert fruitfully then proceed to file a complaint in the District Consumer Redressal Forum. Procedures are easy but I recommend that you engage a lawyer. Gone are the days when consumer cases got delayed for years. This would hardly take a few months.

Expenses would include
Court Fees [ District Forum ]
1-5 Lakhs Claim Amount : 200 Rs
5-10 Lakhs Claim Amount : 400 Rs
10 Lakhs and Above : 500 Rs
If you are engaging a lawyer then his charges.

You can claim compensation for
a. Deficiency of service
b. Defective product
and other heads as deemed necessary.

Some dynamic sites
http://www.consumerrights.org.in/nat...r-helpline.htm

Cheers
Rohan Joseph
Recallers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 15:50   #105
BHPian

This is indeed a unfortunate situation faced by your friend. What I can't understand is - instead of playing blame game with customer, why can't the manufacturer bear the cost of repairs and help out the customer (who has placed his faith on the brand by buying their product)? Will replacing one engine affect their bottom line so much? I remember reading another thread here where Chevy replaced the entire engine on an enjoy due to oil leak, no questions asked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks