Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 09:26   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: $50 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software

So if i understand correctly, with this i can choose any two manufacturer for free. If i want to add others then i have to purchase them?
Old 24th June 2015, 09:37   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So if i understand correctly, with this i can choose any two manufacturer for free. If i want to add others then i have to purchase them?
Yes, you are right. When you get the dongle, post you registering it, it will ask you for which two free software you need.

Say you choose Hyundai and Honda, the free thing closes and if you want to buy another manufacturer software, you'll have to buy it.
Old 24th June 2015, 09:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Does it offer anything significant beyond the generic Bluetooth enables ELM327 adapters? I have one from DX.com for the last 4 years bought at 11USD which is paired with my tablet's Torque OBD Pro and seems to have all the same parameters.

Crucially these are all read-only ones. If so they simply hook onto the parameters being supplied by all modern ECUs. Keen to know what is different to this one with the addition of the manufacturers' and models?
Old 24th June 2015, 10:01   #19
BHPian

Hi!

Could you check if the Grand Vitara is included in the list of cars supported under "Maruti"?

Thanks.
Old 24th June 2015, 10:17   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Does it offer anything significant beyond the generic Bluetooth enables ELM327 adapters?
The one that you have paired to the tablet and Torque app, does it give out data regarding - ABS, BCM, Immobilizer, SRS, AT?

I couldn't get data on the above hence I went for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Hi!

Could you check if the Grand Vitara is included in the list of cars supported under "Maruti"?
If you see my this post where the list of cars under Maruti umbrella is given, you'll find Maruti Grand which is Grand Vitara.

EDIT:

Please check the Post No.: 04, Second picture, Number 08 - Maruti Grand.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th June 2015 at 10:31.
Old 24th June 2015, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Hello,
Can this device change the parameters as well ? Say if I want to turnoff EGR, can it be done using this device ?
Old 24th June 2015, 11:35   #22
BHPian

Good find! and thanks for the detailed report.

I have an OBDII adapter, but have yet to figure out how to read the AT Fluid temperature (searched the Internet in vain). Is there some way you could check if has A-Star AT listed and if the ATF temperature is a parameter?

TIA
Old 24th June 2015, 13:53   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Hello,
Can this device change the parameters as well ? Say if I want to turnoff EGR, can it be done using this device ?
This is a OBD 'reader' that gives out more data as compared to the regular ELM327 + Torque App combos that are used.

You can't change any parameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I have an OBDII adapter, but have yet to figure out how to read the AT Fluid temperature (searched the Internet in vain). Is there some way you could check if has A-Star AT listed and if the ATF temperature is a parameter?
I'll have to get hold of an AT car for it to give it what parameters they read out.

I'll try in my Alto K10 AMT which is a semi - AT. Shall see if it gives it the temperature. Will update the thread on this
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 21:01   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Hey, I tried hooking up Alto K10 AMT using the 'A-Star' as the car selected in the menu.

The sad part is the readings aren't available when tried to see. The parameters are existing but the reader isn't giving out any figures.

Look below at the pictures:

Menu for A-Star:
Name:  AStar Menu.png
Views: 2366
Size:  14.2 KB

Sub Menu in the AT section (Automatic Transmission):
Name:  AT  Sub Menu.png
Views: 2325
Size:  18.1 KB

Parameters listed under the AT:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-parameters.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 22:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Being in regular contact with devrajman, one day casually he recommends to look at this product which we was using since a while so I decided to go ahead and buy it. Now the website says only USA so asked my close friend to buy it and get it for me when he returns to India which happened to be yesterday so I got the package today. No idea where he got it from but he did buy it in California!

Cost of the unit: $US 50 = Approx Rs 3200
Hello Anurag,
May I know where in California did your friend find this? Fortunately, I am in Detroit right now and would be visiting Los Angeles in the next week (and that would be my last weekend in the US). I don't want to waste this opportunity in grabbing this beautiful piece of gizmo . I will really be grateful to you if you could tell me the location, store info or any such relevant details. Your help would be certainly appreciated. Kindly let me know the store details please!
Also, do you need to get the adapter cable (for hooking up) as an extra or is it included in the box? If no, where do we get it? Any specific brand that you would recommend?
Thank you.

Regards,
Sanket

Last edited by Wagon R Rocks! : 24th June 2015 at 22:21. Reason: Added comments
Old 24th June 2015, 22:44   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon R Rocks! View Post
Also, do you need to get the adapter cable (for hooking up) as an extra or is it included in the box? If no, where do we get it? Any specific brand that you would recommend? Thank you.
I have contacted my friend and the place he got it from is given in the website. Go to CA and see the address given for Auto Quip Inc.

No cable is required for this as it connects via Bluetooth and no such facility to use any kind of cable.
Old 25th June 2015, 00:18   #27
BHPian

Hi,
This is a great find!
Can you please post the link where I can order it and get it delivered within the USA? My parents are currently there and will be flying down to mumbai on next month. $50 seems like a good price for this device.
Old 25th June 2015, 01:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Incredible. and the service centers use a $1500 panasonic toughbook with a fancy OBD scanner.

This is so much nicer and simpler. Thanks for sharing.
Old 25th June 2015, 07:13   #29
BHPian

Can you share the name of the website? I searched for it over the Internet but the website says the product from China with the same name is spurious. Will share the link soon. Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 07:31   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
Hi,
This is a great find!
Can you please post the link where I can order it and get it delivered within the USA?
Hi to www.launchtechusa.com in that visit dealers and go over the place you want. Link to dealers websites appear for that location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Incredible. and the service centers use a $1500 panasonic toughbook with a fancy OBD scanner.

This is so much nicer and simpler. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon R Rocks! View Post
Can you share the name of the website? I searched for it over the Internet but the website says the product from China with the same name is spurious. Will share the link soon. Thanks
It is www.launchtechusa.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks