Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:41   #1
BANNED

$50 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software

With me using the ELM 327 OBD II bluetooth from 4 years+, was longing to explore further into this and get more data out of my cars ECU which wasn't enough from the ELM + Torque App combination. My motto behind this scanner is to learn and see how the car behaves during my daily drive. Shall keep recording data and reading it when I reach home to see how the different parameters are and their relations.

Being in regular contact with devrajman, one day casually he recommends to look at this product which we was using since a while so I decided to go ahead and buy it. Now the website says only USA so asked my close friend to buy it and get it for me when he returns to India which happened to be yesterday so I got the package today. No idea where he got it from but he did buy it in California!

Cost of the unit: $US 50 = Approx Rs 3200

After unpacking, downloaded the software "EasyDiag" from Play store (Free of Cost) and registered myself as a user and the OBD connector using the Serial Number and the password given along in the sales package.

The speciality is this comes with TWO free manufacturer softwares options that is FREE after which it is $US 30-35!

I was confused which other manufacturer software to chose as we are solely Maruti customers. I chose:
  1. Maruti;
  2. Hyundai.

Anyone with a Maruti or a Hyundai can come if they are facing any issues. I can help!

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd June 2015 at 23:25.
a4anurag is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:48   #2
BANNED

ReLAUNCH x431 EasyDiag Bluetooth - OBD II Scanner with access to DTC, ABS, SRS and Transmission data

I will give the below data pertaining to Maruti Suzuki and the car in question is Swift ZDi (2013 Make). It gives out live data and in the form of graphs. Also it records the data and saves it for later use in the form of .txt format which is readable by all computers and smartphones.

This scanner reads out the following:
  1. Engine Control
  2. SRS
  3. ABS
  4. EPS
  5. BCM
  6. HVAC
  7. Immobiliser

I am yet to get free time to explore all of the above which I will in due course time. I have only briefly looked at Engine Control and its options.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd June 2015 at 23:25.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:58   #3
BANNED

ReLAUNCH x431 EasyDiag Bluetooth - OBD II Scanner with access to DTC, ABS, SRS and Transmission data

Pictures of the Scanner

Front Packaging:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-1.-front-packing.jpg

Rear packaging:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-2.-rear-packing.jpg

Quick start guide and Password:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-4.-guide-password.jpg

OBD II Dongle:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-6.-dongle-top.jpg

Logo's and Numbers:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-5.-dongle-rear.jpg

LAUNCH - Manufacturer:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-imag0777.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd June 2015 at 23:01.
a4anurag is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:08   #4
BANNED

A few screenshots of the App working on my Swift ZDi

EasyDiag Main Menu:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-1.-main-menu.png

Cars that can be tested under the Maruti Umbrella:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-3.-cars-list-1.png

More Cars under Maruti umbrella:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-4.-cars-list-2.png

After I selected - Maruti Swift (No.11), this is :

Testing Parameters:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-2.-menu-maruti-suzuki.png

Under Engine Control:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-5.-engine-control-sub-menu.png

Selected Diesel Engine:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201013.png

No Fault Code:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201020.png

Parameters under Engine Control - Current Data:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201238.png

only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201256.png

only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201303.png

A sample of the data being obtained @ Idle:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201323tile.jpg

A sample of the recording and data saving in the graphs form:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622201624.png

only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-screenshot_20150622202206.png

A sample of the recording and data saving in the ".txt" format:

MARUTI20150622201519.doc

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Disclaimer:

I have no commercial relation/intent whatsoever with Devrajman and Launch. I have just shared this thread for the benefit of all. Please give me some more days so that I can update the thread with more data from this scanner.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd June 2015 at 07:38.
a4anurag is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: LAUNCH x431 EasyDiag Bluetooth - OBD II Scanner with access to DTC, ABS, SRS and Transmission da

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Technical Stuff Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:03   #6
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: LAUNCH x431 EasyDiag Bluetooth - OBD II Scanner with access to DTC, ABS, SRS and Transmission da

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Being in regular contact with devrajman, one day casually he recommends to look at this product which we was using since a while so I decided to go ahead and buy it. Now the website says only USA so asked my close friend to buy it and get it for me when he returns to India which happened to be yesterday so I got the package today. No idea where he got it from but he did buy it in California!
This looks like a great little tool, since it also supports ABS, airbag and transmission control modules! Basic OBD readers generally don't support these modules.

Thank you for sharing the details!

I noticed just now that earlier Maruti Suzuki models like 800, Zen, Esteem etc. are also listed in the menu. This means it should support all cars from the Maruti Suzuki stable. Fantastic!

A few questions:

1) Can it also be used with iOS (especially), other mobile operating systems and desktop OSes? I notice it says "Made for Android" on the cover.

2) Are Tata and Mahindra listed among the supported manufacturers?

3) Does it have the feature to enable auto-locking of doors (at a pre-selected speed) on Hyundai cars? I guess this should be listed under BCM.

Sorry for asking too many questions! I'm excited since I was planning to purchase this product, and now I have someone who can clarify my doubts.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd June 2015 at 13:22.
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:54   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
This looks like a great little tool, since it also supports ABS, airbag and transmission control modules! Basic OBD readers generally don't support these modules.

Thank you for sharing the details!
It is a great tool indeed! Happy that the thread is of use.

Quote:
I noticed just now that earlier Maruti Suzuki models like 800, Zen, Esteem etc. are also listed in the menu. This means it should support all cars from the Maruti Suzuki stable. Fantastic!
Yes it does. I couldn't see Ertiga in the list. Though I'll try it I can get any data from the Ertiga that I have at home.

Quote:
1) Can it also be used with iOS (especially), other mobile operating systems and desktop OSes? I notice it says "Made for Android" on the cover.
Yes, it is available for both iOS and Android.

Specific model should be selected during purchase - like iOS or Android. Accordingly you'll get the Dongle.

Quote:
2) Are Tata and Mahindra listed among the supported manufacturers?
The below manufacturers are the ones available for the Indian cars under the Asian Tab.

1) Hyundai;
2) Tata;
3) Toyota;
4) Maruti;
5) Honda;
6) Mahindra;
7) Mitsubishi and
8) Nissan

Quote:
3) Does it have the feature to enable auto-locking of doors (at a pre-selected speed) on Hyundai cars? I guess this should be listed under BCM.
Yet to explore Hyundai cars. I have no one with a Hyundai hence in doubt. I'll try and get something for Hyundai too.

Though no such feature is available for Maruti.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd June 2015 at 14:57.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:04   #8
BHPian

Re: $50 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software

Nifty little tool, most helpful for taking a look at crucial engine data. Really like that ABS and other modules have support too!

Could you please play around with the Hyundai menu if possible and share with us what options it has for Hyundai cars. I have a Grand i10 (P) and would love to get this if the model is supported and settings can be tweaked.

Thanks a lot for sharing this!
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Cost of the unit: $US 50 = Approx Rs 3200
This is quite the upgrade from the generic ELM adaptor. Moreover, I liked the fact that the manufacturer is offering support for India-specific vehicles as well. I know its a dumb question but does it allow you to write data on the ECU as well or is it just read-only?

Also, may I know where you sourced it from since the manufacturer's website shows that it is out of stock.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:19   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Could you please play around with the Hyundai menu if possible and share with us what options it has for Hyundai cars.
I need to get hold of someone with an Hyundai to lend me his car for a while to check on this.

Give me some time I'll get back on this. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
I know its a dumb question but does it allow you to write data on the ECU as well or is it just read-only?

Also, may I know where you sourced it from since the manufacturer's website shows that it is out of stock.
It is only to read data from the ECU and other modules.

The features of this a EasyDiag Plus is:
Live reading, recording along with graphs in multi color codes.

Area I am not sure as my friend got it from an Automotive store in California (just like it Reliance Auto). Will try and get the address from him and post it here.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd June 2015 at 19:20.
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
With me using the ELM 327 OBD II bluetooth from 4 years+, was longing to explore further into this and get more data out of my cars ECU which wasn't enough from the ELM + Torque App combination.
Thanks for sharing a4anurag!
As you know i am facing a problem with my immobiliser in one of my cars. Whenever you get a confirmation regarding anything about Hyundai please do share. It would be a significant upgrade from the ELM + Torque App combination.

I would love to buy it anyway so if other bhpians are willing i am ready to chip in so we can get a bulk deal (if possible).

Thanks again!
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:41   #12
BHPian

Quote:
It is only to read data from the ECU and other modules.
Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying the same.

Quote:
Area I am not sure as my friend got it from an Automotive store in California (just like it Reliance Auto). Will try and get the address from him and post it here.
Cool. I think they have quite a wide network with availability in most leading automotive stores there. However, buying it online and then having it shipped here saves much hassle and complications.
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:48   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
Thanks for sharing a4anurag!
As you know i am facing a problem with my immobiliser in one of my cars. Whenever you get a confirmation regarding anything about Hyundai please do share. It would be a significant upgrade from the ELM + Torque App combination.
I know the problem that your Hyundai is facing and wish I was of some help to you with this scanner! Shall update the thread as soon as I get hold of any Hyundai.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Played with the scanner a bit more a while ago on both my Swift and Ertiga.

ABS:
Name:  1. ABS.png
Views: 15408
Size:  36.3 KB

ABS Recording when the car was cruising at 60 kmph:
Name:  2. ABS  60 kmph.png
Views: 15359
Size:  39.4 KB

Airbags Data:
Name:  3. Airbags.png
Views: 15385
Size:  38.5 KB

EPS Data:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-4.-eps.jpg

DTC's @ EPS in my Swift (Need to take it to MASS and show them this:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-5.-dtc-eps.jpg

Engine data @ 60 kmph:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-6.-engine-data-60-kmph.jpg

__________________________________________________ _____________

The below pictures are for my Ertiga. This car doesn't feature in the list so I used Swift as the vehicle and collected data.

ABS Data (Look at the brake switch. L-Off and R-On). I pressed the pedal here so the value changes to On:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-7.-abs.jpg

Airbags Data:
Name:  8. Airbags.png
Views: 15194
Size:  38.6 KB

Engine data @ Idle:
 only! Launch X431 OBD-II Scanner with Maruti & Hyundai software-9.-engine-data-idle.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:24   #14
BHPian

Great find.

It's available on aliexpress.com for roughly the same price. (slightly more) - but still south of 4k.

I am thinking of buying one.

Any other things, that I must be careful of?

Would I need any other equipment apart from this yellow & black unit & an android phone?
(ofcourse the vehicle - Tata Manza & Tata Nano)
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:41   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Great find.

It's available on aliexpress.com for roughly the same price. (slightly more) - but still south of 4k.

I am thinking of buying one.

Any other things, that I must be careful of?

Would I need any other equipment apart from this yellow & black unit & an android phone?
(ofcourse the vehicle - Tata Manza & Tata Nano)
Yes, I did check Ali Express but wasn't sure if they are OEM ones. Didn't want to risk 4K there.

You'll need an Android mobile, the EasyDiag Plus. Since you have both Tata vehicles you'll need to choose another manufacturer as you get two free softwares.

NOTE to All: There are two versions of this Dongle. One is "EasyDiag" and the Other is "EasyDiag Plus".

The EasyDiag doesn't come with free manufacturer software. One would be to pay approx $30 for them whereas the EasyDiag Plus offers two free software. Beware of this before going ahead for the purchase.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks