Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 05:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio Front Windscreen cracking in the sun

It has to be related to accumulated stress. Heat or sunlight being the cause of the problem is highly unlikely. The fact that the same.problem has occurred twice also indicates the problem is not that simple. Did your car meet with an accident at any time? Or had a shunt which could possibly affect the alignment or trueness of the chassis?
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 18:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Windshield broken without a reason?

No major accidents, minor dings and dents yes. The new glass is less than a week old. Too early to develop stress I think. And the pattern of the cracks are different.
Thanks mods for merging the thread. The post about NiS is informative.
I'm going to insist on warranty. And try reclaiming the previous insurance claim too.
Old 8th October 2017, 18:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Windshield broken again. 3rd time in 2 months.
Have started a new thread as I really need to find the answer.
Please help me with an answer.
Link to the thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4283290
Old 27th February 2018, 20:34   #34

Maruti rejects warranty on basis of illogical reasons.

I have a swift vdi bought on 22nd september 2017.

Today i noticed a crack on the front windshield which developed without any reason.

My brother took the car to D.D Motors and asked them to inspect this, but their behaviour was very irresponsible and they clearly told that this is because of aftermarket leather seat cover in your car which absorbs heat and you will have to apply for insurance claim.
My brother told him that it is spring season and the temperature has not exceeded 30 degrees then how can this happen? He even told the advisor that this car was bought in september end and it has never experienced Delhi heat.
Still that advisor said no it is due to the aftermarket seatcovers and you will have to apply for insurance claim.

Not getting satisfied by their behaviour my brother visited Maruti sales and services located in Naraina industrial area.

He went to the reception and explained them about the crack to which the person at the reception replied "sir aap glass ki payment cash kroge ya claim kroge?". My brother was shocked to hear this and asked him have you seen the crack?

He was then asked to meet the head service advisor Mr. sarkar.

Mr. sarkar came after 5 min and saw the car. He then asked from where did you buy this car and where are you sending you car for servicing?
My brother said D.D Motors to which Mr. sarkar replied " to vhi jaiye na sir yha kyo aye hai" and asked someone else to inspect the crack.

The second service advisor who was with Mr sarkar analysed the crack and then pointed out towards the dried wax lines (refer to the images attached) and said "sir apne to rubbing krvai hai aur ye to machine ke pressure se toot gya hai".
My brother told him why would i get rubbing done on my 5 months old car? He even showed him the picture of 3M car wax and told him the its not rubbing compound it is wax which he applies with wax applicator using his own hands, but he was not at ready to hear anything and then scratched some dried wax from car and said see this is white color rubbing compund and this crack is due the that only.

My brother had to leave the service station as they were not ready to inspect the matter further.

Now i am left with a 5 months old car with a cracked windshield and no one is listening to the issue. Everyone is coming up with a new theory of their own that caused the crack.

I request fellow members to give me some suggestions and help me out with this matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Windshield broken without a reason?-screenshot_20180227201523.jpg  

Windshield broken without a reason?-screenshot_20180227201531.jpg  

Windshield broken without a reason?-screenshot_20180227201734.jpg  

racerx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 20:45   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti rejects warranty on basis of illogical reasons.

Do keep Maruti in the loop, write to them in a strict tone and also about the experience at MASS. I'm sure they'll attend you with more sincerity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
He was then asked to meet the head service advisor Mr. sarkar.

Mr. sarkar came after 5 min and saw the car. He then asked from where did you buy this car and where are you sending you car for servicing?
My brother said D.D Motors to which Mr. sarkar replied " to vhi jaiye na sir yha kyo aye hai" and asked someone else to inspect the crack.
What nonsense!! Ask these idiots to give these things in writing from the next time. Let Maruti know this, that this is the attitude of their company owned service outlet.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 27th February 2018 at 20:48.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 11:38   #36

Update

After i sent few emails to Maruti, i received call from Mr Sarkar today.
His tone was completely changed this time. He clearly mentioned that you are our valuable customer, but your windshield cannot be replaced under warranty so we will replace it on goodwill basis.

I want advice from experts on this forum for the reasons behind the crack which developed on its own and whether it is covered under warranty or not?

Last edited by racerx : 28th February 2018 at 11:56.
Old 28th February 2018, 12:06   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I want advice from experts on this forum for the reasons behind the crack which developed on its own and whether it is covered under warranty or not?
It can be a defective glass or misaligned at fitment. But this is not the first time such things have happened in various vehicles across brands. Good to see it is being covered free.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 18:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a swift vdi bought on 22nd september 2017.

Today i noticed a crack on the front windshield which developed without any reason.
I request fellow members to give me some suggestions and help me out with this matter.
This is the exact same thing that happened to my 2015 Mobilio RS. The crack is exactly the same. Refer posts above. Unfortunately I was not so lucky. Changed once under insurance, once by paying and once under goodwill. The 4th time seems to be holding up. We really need to find out why this is happening. Honda had no answers and were not interested in finding out either.
Could suction cups for mobile holder or DVR be causing this??
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 00:09   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
This is the exact same thing that happened to my 2015 Mobilio RS. The crack is exactly the same. Refer posts above. Unfortunately I was not so lucky. Changed once under insurance, once by paying and once under goodwill. The 4th time seems to be holding up. We really need to find out why this is happening. Honda had no answers and were not interested in finding out either.
Could suction cups for mobile holder or DVR be causing this??
I am planning to escalate this matter further as i am afraid this could happen again and who will be responsible then?

Will it be right to push the matter further or should i just get it done under goodwill? Please advise
Old 1st March 2018, 18:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Get it done under goodwill. But keep your fingers crossed. It's dangerous driving with a broken windshield.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 11:30   #41
BHPian

Friends,
A friend's Hyundai Creta MT (2016 model) has the same issue. When he parked the car in the evening after driving in a drizzle, he heard the crackling sound and saw his rear windshield was cracking. It was in fact, still cracking for over 10 minutes, and it was all over the windshield. As far as we know, there was zero impact, no accident or stones thrown on it.

The rear defogger was ON for about 20 minutes since it was raining. The windshield was fine when the car was parked - and after about 5 minutes there was a sound, and the windshield was seen to be cracked, and cracking further (as in the video).

Pictures attached. Unfortunately there are taken at night, and by morning the windshield had completely broken and fallen inside the car.
The video link is : https://photos.app.goo.gl/agbzfdjxiWDpBhmK2

Any idea on what the cause may be?
Since the car is under warranty, the main question now is whether Hyundai will repair under warranty or not. As usual, they have at present declined it to repair under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Windshield broken without a reason?-car1.jpg  

Windshield broken without a reason?-car2.jpg  

Old 4th April 2018, 11:50   #42
Team-BHP Support

Clearly looks like the glass could not handle the defogger heat and from the first image, its clear that there is water on the glass. I am not sure, but aren't these elements supposed to cut off at a set temperature? Maybe it was faulty?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 12:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Friends,
A friend's Hyundai Creta MT (2016 model) has the same issue. When he parked the car in the evening after driving in a drizzle, he heard the crackling sound and saw his rear windshield was cracking. It was in fact, still cracking for over 10 minutes, and it was all over the windshield. As far as we know, there was zero impact, no accident or stones thrown on it.

The rear defogger was ON for about 20 minutes since it was raining. The windshield was fine when the car was parked - and after about 5 minutes there was a sound, and the windshield was seen to be cracked, and cracking further (as in the video).

Pictures attached. Unfortunately there are taken at night, and by morning the windshield had completely broken and fallen inside the car.
The video link is : https://photos.app.goo.gl/agbzfdjxiWDpBhmK2

Any idea on what the cause may be?
Since the car is under warranty, the main question now is whether Hyundai will repair under warranty or not. As usual, they have at present declined it to repair under warranty.
I had the same issue in my Creta. Please refer to my post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4358410

The picture in the post is while the glass was cracking. In my case too by morning, the glass had shattered completely and fallen inside the car.

You must push for a warranty replacement. In my case we assumed it was a vandalism attempt and Hyundai quoted 2 working days to replace so I didn't go to them at all and got it replaced at my cost from Windshield Experts.

I believe it was caused by the auto timer of the defogger not cutting off.

Last edited by promit : 4th April 2018 at 12:12.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 15:04   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
The rear defogger was ON for about 20 minutes since it was raining.
Defoggers in the rain? why?

Hot glass and cold rain might conspire to break it, but I would not have thought that it should get anything like hot enough for that to happen.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 21:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Clearly looks like the glass could not handle the defogger heat and from the first image, its clear that there is water on the glass. I am not sure, but aren't these elements supposed to cut off at a set temperature? Maybe it was faulty?
Very much possible. That makes sense too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I had the same issue in my Creta. Please refer to my post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4358410

The picture in the post is while the glass was cracking. In my case too by morning, the glass had shattered completely and fallen inside the car.

You must push for a warranty replacement. In my case we assumed it was a vandalism attempt and Hyundai quoted 2 working days to replace so I didn't go to them at all and got it replaced at my cost from Windshield Experts.

I believe it was caused by the auto timer of the defogger not cutting off.
Thanks you for the post. Yes, we are trying to get it fixed under warranty as it probably may be due to the defogger not getting cut off - which means it is a manufacturing defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Defoggers in the rain? why?
Not sure if I understand the question. A slight drizzle tends to fog up the windows a little isn't it? Or is it an "English" issue?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks