Team-BHP - For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16918-all-car-lovers-keeping-your-car-clean-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
[i]God can only help type: Owners having paint shades as dark metallic colours, red, deep blue, maroon,…and the worst of the lot, BLACK!!

Nice write up. I fall under the worst of the lot. After wash, the worst of the lot will be a feast to the eyes. But will last only for hours :D

No.of scratches could be counted with this Black color and no clue how it happened.

never knew there are so many things to take care off while you are cleaning the car. thanks for the post. have taken a printout :)
by the way, i seem to have a problem with the windshield when it rains ... the windshield remains to be clean only when the wipers are on; and even after the rain stops, the windshield gets smudgy with the moisture and i have to keep the wipers on, unless i get out of the car and use a cloth to clean it myself. is there any water repellant spray or liquid that i can clean my windshield with?

Quote:

Also for the paint i wouldnt suggest Formula One. Its good. Definitely good. But in the end it a white paste. Leaves a white residue (powder) on crevices / gaps.
Agree with you on that one V12. My Matiz had crevices filled with this white powder. Now my cars have service contracts with polishing jobs in them, so once in 6 months they get a polish. Besides that, i do it twice a year myself, at 3 month intervals with Turtle Wax and some Indian ghisaai for help. That makes it 4 times a year. Though i think i should personally do it more often.

Interiors always require two things. One is a polish on dashboard, specifically made for the plastics in our cars and a nice vaccum clean of the car. For those who don't have one, i recommend one that has a plug for your cigarette lighter. These small vaccum cleaners are available at the local "smuggled maal" boutique for 1500 or less. Worth the effort.

Revv

P.S. Thanks for the post finally Rudra. Was actually planning to take lessons from you when i wud hit Bangalore.

Quote:

[i]STP’S ‘SON OF A GUN’. This product is for rubber also. Apply it evenly with a cloth after spraying..]

STP son of a gun(190rs) also comes in fake bottles.u can us ethis on ur dashboard,on ur vinyl strips,windshield rubber beadings and alsmost all rubber ,vinyl except the wipers.

DONT USE THIS ON WIPERS.

for tires , u have turle wax tire shine (300rs),but u can use son of a gun.

for alloys ,i use valvoline eagle one alloy rim cleaner(300rs).its very corrosive and even a small drop on the skin is harmful.but it works on the alloys.

fo rthe body,its turtle was platinum series wax paste (1160rs)

for remove swirl marks , u can use turtle was scratch and swirl remover (400rs)

to clean the glass,its colin and then newsprint paper.

u can use wax all over the ca ri.e on aur windows,rvm's,visors,alloys and and even on the crvm and the speedometer plastic cover

but never use it , on the windhield as this can cause dirt ,grime to stick to it and can caus eproblems.

u can find all turtle was products at tpc3 site as they are the official distributors for turle wax in india.

Guys,

Can you recommed a place I can pick a buffing wheel to chuck on my cordless drill and go easy on the elbow grease on those Sunday afternoon sessions?

Delhi/Noida address preferable.
Appreciate.

Cheers

Amazing stuff Rudra Sir! I fall in the Extremely Lucky Types so haven't had any problems with the body, but, the windscreen has always given me a challenge, either its the lint from the cloth, or its the streaks of whitish layer formed on the glass.(i dont know what exactly is the word for it)
Will try out colin with news paper, i'll see how that works out.

Colin for windsheild is fine but if it falls on the car's paint it might damage it.

Its always safer to use a automotive glass cleaner. Maruti has one as a MGA.

That one write-up was long over due. Thanks for putting it down.

Quote:

Bangalore boys, don’t use borewell water. It’s the fastest way to make your paint fade and allow corrosion to start.
My appartment has only this borewell water. What can i do?

The whole of Bangalore ( ok, almost the whole) is on Borewell water.

What do we do Rudra sir ??

The maruti guy told me that even these car wash guys use bore water...i stay near airport road...any cauvery water guys there ??

Guys, just picked up a bottle of Eagle one Nanowax. Just wanted to know if anybody used this stuff, is it any good?

Borewell water causes harm when sitting trapped inside. Especially under the doors and panels. Make sure there's no water sitting inside. Often cars come with small holes under the doors. They get blocked with mud and grime. If your car has those holes..keep them clean.

There are windshield cleaner in the market. An Indian brand known as VISTA also has this. I've never used it but Jaggu has.

Put few drops of mild hand wash in your windshield washer can. They work really well and doesn't harm your paint finish. Those PALMOLIVE 'AROMA THERAPY' types ;)

Rudra sir,This has been a rather rude awakening.I have never used any of these and used to think that all the cars maintained so well had a driver to clean it everyday .Anyways what kind of cloth should i use?.My black car has got lots of small scratches which i guess is from the cloth i used for rubbing and wiping ;-|

Here's what goes into my bike every 2 weeks (L-R):

- Sonax Xtreme Rim Cleaner : Wheel / Rim / Engine cleaner
- Turtle Wax Color Magic : Used it for my Eliminator. Looking out for Black color now.
- ArmorAll Protectant : For Rubber and Plastic parts
- STP Son of a Gun : Tire Polish
- Formula One : Use this once a month. Wanna get rid of it. Looking out for Eagle One or TW Color Magic (For Black Only).
- 1/2 litre of kerosene.
- Handful of Tide washing powder.
- Rust removing powder (the one you get at petrol pumps.....it works).
- 3-4 hours of time.

Anyone knows from where I can get polishes specifically for Black color?

Anyways, heres the result :

Quote:

For taking care of your bike, ask v12. His bike always looks like just out of the showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12
Anyways, heres the result :

See guys!! This is what I mean!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritik123
The whole of Bangalore ( ok, almost the whole) is on Borewell water.

What do we do Rudra sir ??

The maruti guy told me that even these car wash guys use bore water...i stay near airport road...any cauvery water guys there ??

Drive to Jungle Lodges, wash your car in the Cauvery. Else come down to Kerala and wash your car in the pouring rain - its an experience like no other. The flu that follows is guaranteed to keep your car shiny since you wont be driving around much.