Team-BHP - For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16918-all-car-lovers-keeping-your-car-clean-11.html)

Hi,
I am from bangalore.I own a opel corsa swing 1.6.
The problem is lots of blackants gets in to the car whene its parked inside the garrage overnight. While driving suddenly u notice these ants going all over (seats,frontpanel even running up my legs). Very dangerous i think. any suggestions. how to get rid of them
harindra

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mp421b
Once in a month. Is diesel advisable for removing dirt which doesnot come out otherwise :Frustrati

I would prefer white kerosene,( though not advisable, but you have no choice) , wipe the area with a fine tissue and wash it off immediately. The area should be polised with a coat of wax.

[quote]
Quote:

Originally Posted by harindra
I am from bangalore.I own a opel corsa swing 1.6.
The problem is lots of black ants gets in to the car whene its parked inside the garrage overnight. While driving suddenly u notice these ants going all over (seats,frontpanel even running up my legs). Very dangerous i think. any suggestions. how to get rid of them
harindra

Get BHC powder or gamacine from any Agro/pesticide shop ( Pepsi/ Coke will also do. ;) ) and sprinkle it on the rubber foot mats. Also sprinkle liberaly around all the tyres as this is the only possible access to the car. Be sure to keep your pets away.

The reason why Ants, Cockroaches and at times Rats attack your car is because of the food particles fallen on the seats and the floor while having a snack inside the car.

So long....

When you consider the car as your other Home, there are pest in that home too, (there will also be wife but the same one).

I used to have this ant problem, but the ones that live on a tree, Black big one. I stopped parking under the tree and problem dissappeared.

I feel that teflon (or similar) if done properly is worth it. I had it done every 2 years on my OHC and the original paint has not faded much at all as compared to similar OHCs I saw.

One should never dry wipe the car or windscreen. Sure way to leave swirl marks and especially on windscreen - very dangerous at night. However, I still find most dealers, garages and even drivers doing this very thing!

And yes - trying to teach society boys/watchmen how to wash the car - impossible. They simply go on doing what they want. Wrong things they do:
1. Throw water on tires - ends up corroding brake drums, etc.
2. Throw water on the car - wipe it ages later.
3. Use same water/cloth for every part of car and also for every car. Simply no point in giving them any more cloth, either it remains in bucket or dicky.
4. Drop all autocop/remote keys in water - creating great problems.

[quote=varunroy]I would prefer white kerosene,( though not advisable, but you have no choice) , wipe the area with a fine tissue and wash it off immediately. The area should be polised with a coat of wax.

Quote:

Get BHC powder or gamacine from any Agro/pesticide shop ( Pepsi/ Coke will also do. ;) ) and sprinkle it on the rubber foot mats. Also sprinkle liberaly around all the tyres as this is the only possible access to the car. Be sure to keep your pets away.

The reason why Ants, Cockroaches and at times Rats attack your car is because of the food particles fallen on the seats and the floor while having a snack inside the car.

So long....

Thanks for ur opinion.

harindra

Does anyone know where in bangy I could get the rotary buffer...the type they use while waxing.

I think once a month is too frequent for a polish, let alone weekly. If it is only wax polish...maybe, but definitely not the combo waxes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binz
Does anyone know where in bangy I could get the rotary buffer...the type they use while waxing.

Have seen it in metro cash and carry, don't know the price though, but if i remember right the price sounded right, but then how often would one use it unless you have a workshop or something.

Help please: needed on using microfibre towel (turtlewax)..
Hi all,
I got my towel today from TPC3. I have the following questions.
1. Can i use the towel on a dusty car directly?
2. Can i use the towel to apply wax?
3. What if the towel gets some greesy stuff on it?
4. Also the towel says it is magnetic and will hold the dust to it. if this is the case, won't the towel get saturated with dust soon and i need to replace it? or will the dust be removed if i was with detergent.
5. Can i use it on the lower part of the doors daily. the doors will have sand particles sticking to it?
6. Can anyone suggest how to use the towel efficently and do cleaning my car as fast as possible?

Many thanks!!

Hi,

I have a few questions with regards to cleaning/dusting my car (a wine red WagonR).

I try and wax the car once in two months (TurtleWax Platinum). Also, get it washed once a week (Amway Car wash).

Now my questions are:

1. I keep my car covered at night and most of the day if I am not going out. Is covering the car going to produce microscratches that will show over time?
2. I use a nylon duster (the local variety - antistatic) to dust the car before covering it. However, I don't think it removes all the dust. Should I wipe the car using a damp cloth before covering the car? Will wiping the car using the damp cloth pick up dust and lead to further scratches?
3. What precautions should I take after waxing the car - so that I can retain the gloss and shine for a longer time.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I am in a sticky problem. Yesterday only I bought a second hand 8000kms accent '05. The problem is that the windsheild as well as the rear glass has lots of stickers which do not match my tastes. I tried to take one of them out with water, but the glue stain remained there giving a bad mark on the glass. I know this is a very stupid topic to dicuss on but really guys if u got any suggestions pls do post me.:)

P.S. Mods, please if u find the topic off the discussions for this forum pls do move it to the respecive forum. Thanks

Mods note: Thread merged.

Use grease cutter like PRIL. Soak it for some time and use a razor blade and remove gum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johy
Should I wipe the car using a damp cloth before covering the car?

johy, IMO - you are doing much more than many others ..

a couple of points: if it is fine dust, you could leave it when covering the car. But if it is bigger grains [like fine sand particles], then gently dust off these before you cover. Micro-scratches are part of ageing, dont think one can do much about it.

Basically, dont yank the cover off the car - lift it from one end, and continue to lift the cover as you move end to end. If possible, have some one at home help you to remove the cover - you hold one side, the other person the other side. And say, both move from front to back.

Doesnt waxing once in two months look a tad too often?

wht good does teflon coating do to cars? I've Optra Royale color code: crystal mica. I'm from Delhi
What do you guys suggest? Any companies to refer for teflon coating like 3M???
Thanks,
Vik

Quote:

Originally Posted by adhiraj
I am in a sticky problem. Yesterday only I bought a second hand 8000kms accent '05. The problem is that the windsheild as well as the rear glass has lots of stickers which do not match my tastes. I tried to take one of them out with water, but the glue stain remained there giving a bad mark on the glass. I know this is a very stupid topic to dicuss on but really guys if u got any suggestions pls do post me.:)

If you ever see a product called 'Googone' do not hesitate to buy it. I use a friend's bottle for all this goo (including paint and tar spots) and it simply works wonders - the goo is really gone.

Anybody have any idea where it can be available in India?