Team-BHP - For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16918-all-car-lovers-keeping-your-car-clean-13.html)

condor i havent tried JC road as ive been taken for a ride several times there due to language problem.
i usually try getting stuff from some known shop.
the second left is the one which has car shringar and other shops right?
i thought ill gather all the info from TBHP nad go armed with exactly what i wanted there.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639
i need to do more research on this surface refinement. just thought you might know.

I've tried 3M paint protection treatment. It's really good. But they charge 4500/-. This amount I paid in Sundaram Motors and I'll keep a big amount from this for Sundaram's cut/share. If you can contact 3M directly, I'm sure it'll be lower than this amount. There's one in Indiranagar close to BDA. Sorry, I can't give you the address because I don't know. We can probably make a trip there together.
Quote:

anything you might recommend for the swirl marks and restoring shine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Instead of Son of a Gun, why not use Armor All Ultra Shine? I've used it recently and found it almost comparable to STP. Rudra, any reason why you don't recomend it?

Armor All is a damn good product Rtech. It also has swirl marks remover/ cleaner/poilsh....BUT!!! We don't get them in Bangalore any more :Frustrati

For everybody in Bangalore. J C Road shops are having lots of duplicate nowadays...

i had gone to my lancer service centre today to change the battery and i enquired some details about surface refinement.
it seems its a 3M product. its part of 3M car detailing package. as usual the service guys couldnt explain the difference between teflon coat and this. i picked up a 3M catalogue and this is what it says:

"Surface refinement:safely and effectively removes light and medium scratches, oxidations, studdorn stains and other paint imperfections and produces a brilliant, lustrous, durable "wet look" finish. restores a natural sheen to tires, bumpers and exterior rubber and plastic mouldings."

so the catalogue doesnt mean anythin either. no details. they claimesd they didnt have stock of the bottles so wasnt able to see them.

one more thing does anyone know how these sonax car care products are. they are available at the shell shops easily.

Quote:

so the catalogue doesnt mean anythin either. no details. they claimesd they didnt have stock of the bottles so wasnt able to see them.

3M car detailing products are not available at any shop and that's by design.
Quote:

one more thing does anyone know how these sonax car care products are. they are available at the shell shops easily.
Sonax car care products are available every where. Even in Foddworld/M K Ahmed kind of shops also. Don't know how good or how bad are they.

vid, somewhere there, opposite to the BCC car parking bldg. Try talking in Hindi, in the shops.

personal experience with 3M people here in BLR has been bad - I had to call them repeatedly to get my 2nd coat. They kept contradicting themselves, and as usual, the supervisor / manager was not reachable.

For alloy wheel cleaner, try Turltewax F21. Sorry, dont know where do we get them here.

Also try the My Dollar Stores - they have some auto-care products.

If you are in Koramangala 5th block, check out that accessories shop -darn, cant recollect the name, but their audio guy was in the papers a few months back advicing abt ICE. This is on the one way between 80 ft rd & the 100 ft rd [bda complex rd]

im put up at cunningham road. koramangala i know of 3 shops. one is sprocket then theres OZZ one who are authorised K&N dealers and the last is autofusion anwar.
i was hesitant at spending Rs.2400 for surface refinement on my car as last time the tefcoat didnt last very long. i was looking at something else which would restore shine and remove swirl marks.
if theres no choice then will have to go for it i guess.

Rudra sir i asked the lancer service guys to see the bottles as they are authorised for 3M products but they didnt have stock.

where in mumbai is the 3m work done

Guys,

Have a self inflicted problem on my Pearl Silver Zen. I have driven over a patch of Wet cement (dont know when). The Cement has splashed all over the right side of the underbody and also the lower portion of the front door. I observed few days later only and by that time the Cement had fully set.

Asked my service centre (Mandovi motors) about any solution to the problem and he says he is not aware of any apart from rubbing compound that too to be applied on scrathes which will be caused while scraping the dried cement. There must surely be someother solution for this.

Has someone encountered this problem and can give a suggestion please do so please:

Thanks
Bullfrog

Any help guys please:
I think my post got lost with other stuff....

Thanks
Bullfrog

I believe they are compiling a thread on all of this in the 'Advice' section. Have a little patience... On googling this, I found that some people advise using Muratic Acid. Some more googling:
Question
I have a Chevy Trailblazer. Evidently I ran through wet cement somewhere on the road. It is near the front fenderwells and on the bottom of the doors, both sides. I have tried almost everything, including lacquer thinner, to soften it and remove. The thinner has dulled the paint and will have to be buffed which isn't a problem. The problem is getting it off without having to scratch it off.

Any suggestions.

Answer
Try some chemical warfare. Use a solution of white vinegar and water mixed about half and half. Spray it on and it should react with the chemicals in the cement to dissolve some of it and it should come off. I've done it with light dustings of cement dust and know others that have had good luck on large deposits stuck on work trucks. Muratic Acid/hydrochloric acid may be needed if the vinegar isn't doing the trick.

This weekend, I enquired at some local shops on waxing and polishing. While i do it myself now and then, I thought it was time to have a professional job done. I have a swift, and this is what i got:

1) Shop 1- option a) waxing (rubbing) and poilshing - by hand 850 bucks
option b) waxing (rubbing) and poilshing - with machine 1200 bucks

and he told me he uses imported stuff (whatever that means)

2) Shop 2- rubbing with some birla 3m thing (that gives same effect as teflon) and then a polish- Rs. 1500
I asked if this was with hand or machine, he said that he could do it with machine, but finishing with hand would be better!!!!!!!!

Is that true? Or should one insist on machine?

While the above costs include cost of materials, are they on the higher side? I mean these are not big shops- some local garage types. I stay in JP Ngr phase 2 near woodys, and can any one recommend reasonable/ reputed shop in and arnd??

Cheers
Ajay

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Quote:

Soak the cloth in water (don’t squeeze) and wipe the body with light pressure.
Follow the same process for the entire body. By this time your buckets’ water must have changed into dark and mucky. Fill up your bucket again. Wash the hell out of that cloth and start wiping the body dry. A good soft cloth should remove all water marks from the body. Every portion of the body should be done one at a time followed by washing the cloth again in that bucket water.

hi rudra sir,
on a normal day, i prefer to first dust the car with a duster (those coloured things) & then soak the blue cloth in clean water & squeeze it fully dry & then wipe one door along with its glass & then dip it into the water & squeeze dry & do the other parts (fenders, doors, bonnet, boot, roof etc). specially when we clean everyday & there is nothing sticking to the body. which one do you think is better & easier ? i get a perfect shine by doing this & once in a month/2months i do a DIY waxing which helps preventing anything sticking to the body.

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
on a normal day, i prefer to first dust the car with a duster (those coloured things) & then soak the blue cloth in clean water & squeeze it fully dry & then wipe one door along with its glass...

I would not do that for sure.
Removing dust from dry surface with a cloth/duster means: You're allowing those hard particles (if any) to rub against paint.

i mean the different kind of dusters that you get these days. very soft. it can be used for any purpose. i dont think that will rub against the paint. Of course, hard particles are meant to be soaked a little before we rub them. but for fine dust, this duster has been absolutely useful for me. :)

Well, if you're happy with your process then who am I to say no??:)