Team-BHP - For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16918-all-car-lovers-keeping-your-car-clean-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexister (Post 402793)
I use the TurtleWax Professional Glass cleaner.

Where are you sourcing all your TurtleWax products from? I mean do you get the genuine products here in hydbd? Where? Most of these products look like cheap chinese rip-offs.

Just a query ...

can we use the normal hair shampoo (sunsilk etc) for our car wash ?

I have seen car shampoos in the auto accessory shops ... r they any different ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by namit (Post 469008)
can we use the normal hair shampoo (sunsilk etc) for our car wash?

No. Both are for different application and please keep it like that. All shampoos for hair have certain amount of conditioner to give that soft after wash feel. Don't think you need that for your car body.

Quote:

Has anyone tried the MOTOMAX range of products from Pidilite?? How good are they, esp their 'premium liquid polish' and 'hard wax polish'?
Any views/reviews on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetu (Post 394982)
Hello Bhpians,

How to remove the paint stains, tried with rubbing and polishing but unable to remove those stains. my car roof and bannet has the white dots looks very odd on the red swift. been to maruti they said its not posible to remove b'coz its enamel paint.

Same query here. Any suggestions guys??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 469044)
No. Both are for different application and please keep it like that. All shampoos for hair have certain amount of conditioner to give that soft after wash feel. Don't think you need that for your car body.

But they do give an awesome shine to the car. I once had a 'get one free' kind of shampoo with some product. Since that wasn't my brand, I used it for car wash. Removed dirt with ease and shine was more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torqueunlimited (Post 469812)
Same query here. Any suggestions guys??

this is not for enamel paint but for the micro sized cement spots that form on the car. Also for some stubborn stuff.

Use after shave shave, take it on a cloth and rub vigorously with use of fingernails(avoid scratching the car surface)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvmanoj (Post 198279)
Hi all,
There seem to be a lot of people who are using chamois to dry their cars. Here is my take on it....Chamois will remove wax faster than other materials. Just think how the chamois clings to the surface of the vehicle. It is this very nature that strips the wax. Frankly chamois is a very old fashioned way to dry a car. Get hold of some micro fiber towels.
Cheers,
Manoj

Where to get micro fiber towels in bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarp (Post 469908)
But they do give an awesome shine to the car. I once had a 'get one free' kind of shampoo with some product. Since that wasn't my brand, I used it for car wash. Removed dirt with ease and shine was more.

I have been using sunsilk sachets for some time now (3 years). it gives a great clean and shine. after that some silicone licquid polish once a month and the fininsh has remained like new.

Wish I had read this thread long back or at least if my Car cleaner guy would accept the printout of this thread which I gave to him (Tips of Rudra Sir). He is one careless guy and he doesn't listen at all.:Frustrati

My Civic (Red, Ignored by 'God' Category lol: ) is just 3 weeks old and
already it has all the swirl marks on it.

I am buying these stuff today itself (Son of Gun,Armor All and Turtle wax).

Thankx for all the Tips.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 104207)
That's exactly how he keeps his bike, RX. Why do I need to fool anybody? Fact is fact here.

Hey, i have a black optra filled with scratched all over.What do i do. Anyway to at least minimise the visibility of scratches.the color is a bit faded as well. There is a shop here in bangalore who polish the cars for Rs5000 which is impoted from US.will it work?

I really can't make out as which shop and what imported stuff. Go to your service center and ask for 3M treatment. That will cost you around 4500/-.

Trust me, you won't regret.

Am planning on heavy duty cleaning of car tomorrow both interior and exterior. I have all my weapons in hand.

1. Sonax glossy shampoo
2. Armorall tyre polish
3. Turtle Alloy wheel cleaner
4. leather seat polish
5. 3M wax polish

Anyone want to help?:D

Rudraji, Is it ok to Wax in rainy season?

Yes, no problemo. Go ahead my boy. ;)

Vidyut, come home tomorrow. I could join you in cleaning up my car too. And once we are done with cleaning the cars you can have a look at my stupid net connection too.