Team-BHP - For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16918-all-car-lovers-keeping-your-car-clean-15.html)

Ok bought the turtle wax leather cleaner and the armor all original tyre cleaner. I was gonna buy the Armor all wax it dry gel as well but it mentioned that i need a chamois to apply it.
What type of chamois do i need Armor all has a synthetic one whereas othrs have some really expensive leather one.
Also still to decide on wheel cleaner.

Rudraji where art thou?

Hi guyz! Believe it or not i've been using WD40 lubricant spray to remove tar spots on both my cars. I use it likie this...
1. Wash the car a decent shampoo just to remove the excess and easy dirts..
2. Spray WD40 on the "spotted" areas, rub the area with a soft cloth (just to give it an even spread) and then leave it on for about 2 to 3 mins...
3. Wash the car again with a wax shampoo again to clear off the oil and give it a gloss...

Note:- Never let the oil dry out on the paint.. No side effects but you will have to apply the spray again to remove the stains again...

I do this every weekend and i've been doing this for about 2 years now for my palio and santro.. No side effects!! Garaunteed!! :)

Also... normal diesel or kerosine treatment for this purpose leaves the paint with a yellowish tan, especially on white colour. There are no such problems with this and also the tar comes out real quick compared to other aerosols... try it out once to know the difference..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16v100bhp (Post 342954)
Also... normal diesel or kerosine treatment for this purpose leaves the paint with a yellowish tan, especially on white colour. There are no such problems with this and also the tar comes out real quick compared to other aerosols... try it out once to know the difference..

Well .....while using kerosene or diesel...make sure that you mix it with a small amount of car shampoo..and then apply ithe mixture to remove the tar...Doing so the kerosene or diesel wil come off easily while washing it off...preventing the yellow tan developing on the car...

cheers!!..

Few days back the window pane refused to slide up. Had to change the sliding assly.

Culprit:

I get my car (M800) washed every morning. The wash wala liberaly used to splash water on the window. The water seeped in and spoilt the assly.

Lesson learnt the hard way.

The wash walas also throw the remaining water in the bucket on the tires. Sure way to get rusty brake components real quick.

Googone is also very good for tar as well as paint spots. But similar procedure to what 16v100bhp posted about wd40.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 342824)
Rudraji where art thou?

Sorry to reply late. Also sorry for not replying to your pm.

All the brands you're picking up from Singapore are available here but not as freely as there. Besides, SONAX range of products are available in India through Methods Automotive. To check out their range go to www.sonax.de

If you're from Bombay or go there regularly, check out Heera Panna shopping complex for imported car care products.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedometer (Post 338112)
No wonder certain Amby's,Zens still look as if they are just out of the showroom and have never been driven in their whole lives.

3M Perfect it is not available of the shelf. Though I agree with you that this is one of THE BEST in the market.

I revived this thread because I wasnt able to find someone in Hyderabad doing a complete paint protection. I looked up on the TCP3 website and they dint have a location in Hyderabad.
I am looking for a complete paint protection for my new Ford Fiesta (Paprika Red). Does this come with an underbody anti-rust or do I need to get this done too?

Any help is welcome.

I am facing a particular problem that i can't remove dirt or dirt marks from alloys bolt area and from between the car logo.

i've tried many things but :Frustrati.

So guys any suggestions.

Apply SONAX wheel cleaner. Leave it for some time. Use a soft toothbrush to scrub out. Wash out with water.

Has anyone tried the MOTOMAX range of products from Pidilite?? How good are they, esp their 'premium liquid polish' and 'hard wax polish'?

I was wondering if anyone has used this product.

Amazon.com: The Original California 62442B Car Duster: Automotive

I am trying my hands on a duster that will not cause scratches becos after putting on my turtle wax a month back, I was only washing & wiping the car. Only on a couple of days my dad's driver cleaned the car without informing me when I had clearly left instructions not to touch it. This has caused a fading of my wax on the hood & a few minor scratches.
Its frustrating & time consuming to wash & wipe everyday before going to work.

Also I stopped using the silver car cover after reading on this forum that it actually causes more scratches.

Hello Bhpians,

How to remove the paint stains, tried with rubbing and polishing but unable to remove those stains. my car roof and bannet has the white dots looks very odd on the red swift. been to maruti they said its not posible to remove b'coz its enamel paint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexister (Post 394882)
I was wondering if anyone has used this product.

Amazon.com: The Original California 62442B Car Duster: Automotive

I am trying my hands on a duster that will not cause scratches becos after putting on my turtle wax a month back, I was only washing & wiping the car. Only on a couple of days my dad's driver cleaned the car without informing me when I had clearly left instructions not to touch it. This has caused a fading of my wax on the hood & a few minor scratches.
Its frustrating & time consuming to wash & wipe everyday before going to work.

Also I stopped using the silver car cover after reading on this forum that it actually causes more scratches.

I had purchased this product from the Indiatimes online shopping site. Cost approx 350-400 bucks

Dear frnds,

my new adventure s' windshield has got lot of ring like appearances. Even after repeated washes it is still there. The biggest problem is that just after driving for half an hour these ring areas attracts dust and dirt.

please somebody help me to overcome this problem.

I am not certain but maybe you can try one of the glass cleaners.

I use the TurtleWax Professional Glass cleaner.