Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2015, 13:40   #31
BHPian

Re: ABS repair in India

Well final update on this issue. Apparently Skoda JMD was asked to repair it at their own cost. While they seem to have fixed the issue, they are refusing to give me a bill/invoice that states that the item is replaced or fixed. This is ridiculous.
Old 22nd September 2016, 07:57   #32
BHPian

Restarting the thread:

Last week,the ESP,ABS,PS and hand brake lights started flashing randomly along with beeps and a jumping speedo needle while driving within city limits on my 08 Jetta DSG. Things returned to normalcy after i parked on the roadside and restarted.This went on for another day and became a constant whenever i started the car.On the way to VW service,the car started to stall intermittently,like the brakes were getting jammed or loss of power to the wheels on and off.Diagnosis are still on and are checking on wiring's as well at the service center. They believe it could be the ABS control module for all they know and the part costs something like $1300 or so.Going forward,what are my options apart from replacing the entire unit as its way to expensive to spend on a 72K miles done six year old used car.I still haven't asked for the exact fault codes which i should be getting by EOD today.Are used or refurbished modules a good option?I also doubt that it could just be some malfunctioning or dirty sensors.Do these modules wear out so soon?

Could the above scenario also result in the clutch damage by any chance?I could really do well with some help here.Thanks

Sam
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Restarting the thread:
I still haven't asked for the exact fault codes which i should be getting by EOD today.Are used or refurbished modules a good option?I also doubt that it could just be some malfunctioning or dirty sensors.Do these modules wear out so soon?
First get to know the exact error codes or diagnosis as shown by the VAG scan tool. Then you can get a picture of what as per the car is the issue. Later, you can decide what do do with it.

I presume your car has had ZERO electrical tampering. If you have got some accessories installed both aftermarket and the dealer, check their wiring first. ESP units dont fail that easily. Hence rule out all other possibilities and then arrive at the ESP unit. Wiring issues can trigger multiple lights at the same time since if the car's CAN network is tampered with, it will affect the data that is transmitted between various modules.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:54   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
First get to know the exact error codes or diagnosis as shown by the VAG scan tool. Then you can get a picture of what as per the car is the issue. Later, you can decide what do do with it.

I presume your car has had ZERO electrical tampering. If you have got some accessories installed both aftermarket and the dealer, check their wiring first. ESP units dont fail that easily. Hence rule out all other possibilities and then arrive at the ESP unit. Wiring issues can trigger multiple lights at the same time since if the car's CAN network is tampered with, it will affect the data that is transmitted between various modules.
I am certain that the cars electrical's have not been tampered with and its bone stock with no aftermarket electrical accessories.Waiting for the error codes from VW service.I am also thinking exactly the way you do,but the ASC guys have been hinting me on the module ass a whole in the past three days of diagnosis.They haven't confirmed though.
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:55   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Restarting the thread:

They believe it could be the ABS control module for all they know and the part costs something like $1300 or so.Going forward,what are my options apart from replacing the entire unit as its way to expensive to spend on a 72K miles done six year old used car.I still haven't asked for the exact fault codes which i should be getting by EOD today.Are used or refurbished modules a good option?I also doubt that it could just be some malfunctioning or dirty sensors.Do these modules wear out so soon?

Could the above scenario also result in the clutch damage by any chance?I could really do well with some help here.Thanks

Sam
It could be this

http://www.ecutesting.com/vw_golf_to...mp_module.html
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Thanks ajmat,I laded on this page as well while browsing.I shall update the thread once i hear from the VW ASS.
Old 26th November 2017, 14:16   #37

Skoda Superb 2011 1.8 AT ABS Control Unit Failure

Hi
I live in Mumbai and have a Skoda 2011 1.8 AT Petrol.
I had ABS sensor failures 6 times and I got the faulty ones replaced.
3 weeks ago I had another ABS EPS failure light on the dash and I sent the car back to JMD Skoda Kandivali Mumbai for sensor replacement.
This time they mentioned that the ABS control unit (Electronic Unit) has konked off and replacement will cost 1.35Lakhs.
After multiple emails and them trying for fixing this in warranty, they eventually refused and I got the car back today in same condition.
I met with the workshop head and told him that I have 2 skodas and this one has only done 25000KMS and dont expect the ABS control unit to fail at such low mileage. He promised to escalate this for a 2nd level approval for goodwill warranty and will let me know next week.
I also did my own OBD scan and pasting results below. My options are:
1) Wait for Skoda JMD to get the replacement approval
2) Get the unit/wiring checked if there is wiring fault by another known garage. I checked the fuses myself and seems ok.
3) Buy a used ABS control unit from ebay and ask JMD skoda service center to place that. If they refuse then will goto my local guy (Dhaval Autolandmark Goregaon). I am getting one for 200 Euro with shipping. Sourcing a used unit in Mumbai would cost around 50-60K

Folks. Please suggest? Here is the OBD scan result:

Engine
Part #: 3T0907115G
Coding: 0203000C24070160 (hex)
Component: 1.8l R4/4V TFSI
Fault codes:
53271 Manufacturer-specific code
53271 Manufacturer-specific code

Transmission
Part #: 0AM300053A
Coding: 20 (decimal)
Component: GSG DSG AG7
Fault codes:
P1887 Vehicle speed signal wheel speed from Brake control module; range / performance

ABS
Part #: 1K0907379BJ
Coding: 863D6016092200FC610F06ED901C0081350000 (hex)
Component: ESP MK60EC1
Fault codes:
00668 Supply Voltage Terminal 30
00003 Control Module
00290 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (G46)

Power steering
Part #: 1K0909144M
Coding: [none]
Component: EPS_ZFLS Kl. 195
Fault codes:
01316 ABS Control Module

Central electronics
Part #: 1K0937087AB
Coding: 48990ABBE85BF1C040080080310089E4417000AE732089605C 8040000040 (hex)
Component: BCM PQ35 H+
Fault codes:
01134 Alarm Horn (H12)
Old 28th July 2020, 12:06   #38
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb 2011 1.8 AT ABS Control Unit Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjaju View Post
My options are:
1) Wait for Skoda JMD to get the replacement approval
2) Get the unit/wiring checked if there is wiring fault by another known garage. I checked the fuses myself and seems ok.
3) Buy a used ABS control unit from ebay and ask JMD skoda service center to place that. If they refuse then will goto my local guy (Dhaval Autolandmark Goregaon). I am getting one for 200 Euro with shipping. Sourcing a used unit in Mumbai would cost around 50-60K
Hey, so what did you finally do to fix the problem?
Old 11th August 2020, 23:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Restarting the thread:

Last week,the ESP,ABS,PS and hand brake lights started flashing randomly along with beeps and a jumping speedo needle while driving within city limits on my 08 Jetta DSG. Things returned to normalcy after i parked on the roadside and restarted.This went on for another day and became a constant whenever i started the car.On the way to VW service,the car started to stall intermittently,like the brakes were getting jammed or loss of power to the wheels on and off.
How was the issue resolved? I'm facing the same issue in my Skoda Superb. First I had ABS Pump failure (waiting to source the part from outside). Now I'm facing intermitant stalling for a fraction of a second and the engine recovers to normal again. No error code is received from scanning tool. I have a video of the issue but no idea how to upload it here in the forum.
Old 12th August 2020, 07:22   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praruaaa4 View Post
How was the issue resolved? I'm facing the same issue in my Skoda Superb. First I had ABS Pump failure (waiting to source the part from outside). Now I'm facing intermitant stalling for a fraction of a second and the engine recovers to normal again. No error code is received from scanning tool. I have a video of the issue but no idea how to upload it here in the forum.
Engine stalling is something really serious. Do have it checked immediately. The ABS sensor failure in my Creta itself caused temporary brake failure. So have yours checked immediately.

Upload the video to Youtube and share the link here.
Old 16th August 2020, 11:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Engine stalling is something really serious. Do have it checked immediately. The ABS sensor failure in my Creta itself caused temporary brake failure. So have yours checked immediately.

Upload the video to Youtube and share the link here.
I'm waiting to get detailed scan report. I will get it done this week and report the issues along with the part numbers needed.
Old 16th August 2020, 14:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praruaaa4 View Post
Fix the ABS issues and the engine will start working normally. The faulty ABS unit feeds in wrong information about the wheel speed to the engine speed sensor, hence there is stalling of the engine. For the time being, you can switch off the car and restart it to solve the issue. But it will usually pop up again after a few hours.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 20:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Fix the ABS issues and the engine will start working normally. The faulty ABS unit feeds in wrong information about the wheel speed to the engine speed sensor, hence there is stalling of the engine. For the time being, you can switch off the car and restart it to solve the issue. But it will usually pop up again after a few hours.
Makes sense. I have stopped using the car for time being. As you said after the engine is switched OFF and ON again the issue does not arise for a few hours. In city traffic it happens a lot.
Old 19th August 2020, 12:20   #44
BHPian

The ABS pump is faulty and a replacement is ordered. Waiting for part delivery. Hoping all the issues will be sorted after pump replacement. I will update after fitting the new pump
Old 8th September 2020, 07:14   #45
BHPian

I got this problem on my 2011 Superb, 1.8 TSI MT last week. The ABS module needs replacement. Does anyone have leads on where to source this from? Part number is 1K0 907 379 AT.
I will appreciate any help / experience that anyone has on the forum.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks