Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2020, 10:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ABS repair in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
I got this problem on my 2011 Superb, 1.8 TSI MT last week. The ABS module needs replacement. Part number is 1K0 907 379 AT
Is it a brake fluid leak from the module OR has the ABS light come on?

If the ABS warning light is on and you're sure via scan tool that it is the ABS module that has failed, please try to source the part from salvage dealers.

There is

1. Inderbir Kahlon of Kahlon Motors Jalandhar

2. Ankush Mahajan of Shriram Traders Amritsar

I haven't used their services but understand that they have good inventory of such parts.

You also have similar dealers in Mumbai.

Once you get the new part, the new ABS module has to be registered with the ECM else the ABS warning will remain on. This can be done using a professional scan tool.

Keep the old unit - the hydraulic unit will come in handy sometime.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 16:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praruaaa4 View Post
The ABS pump is faulty and a replacement is ordered. Waiting for part delivery. Hoping all the issues will be sorted after pump replacement. I will update after fitting the new pump
ABS pumps that were available locally were either not compatible or was giving more error codes so a new pump was imported and installed. All the errors have disappeared and the car is back to normal. My mechanic is not willing to revel his source but the new pump is working fine .
praruaaa4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 11:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
ABS pumps that were available locally were either not compatible or was giving more error codes so a new pump was imported and installed. All the errors have disappeared and the car is back to normal. My mechanic is not willing to revel his source but the new pump is working fine .
So this was all done at a local garage? I mean the code part also? Is it possible to do it outside and one does not need to go to the authorised workshop?

And can you share the total expenses that you had to pay to get the car back running?
Old 7th October 2020, 15:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
So this was all done at a local garage? I mean the code part also? Is it possible to do it outside and one does not need to go to the authorised workshop?

And can you share the total expenses that you had to pay to get the car back running?
Yes all the work was done from a local garage. For the coding part someone came on team viewer and did the coding.
Old 17th December 2021, 17:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Yes all the work was done from a local garage. For the coding part someone came on team viewer and did the coding.
The ABS module on my Yeti recently went bad so I am looking to source the same, so will appreciate if you can share the details of your mechanic and the cost of the part you paid.
Old 19th December 2021, 20:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
The ABS module on my Yeti recently went bad so I am looking to source the same, so will appreciate if you can share the details of your mechanic and the cost of the part you paid.
The mechanic has shut shop and has gone incognito. I will try to find an alternate source and revert back
Old 16th March 2024, 07:54   #52

Guys, Any leads where I can source a used ABS module for Accord, Honda ASS has quoted 80872 rupees for the Unit and labour would be above that. I am ok with replacing this unit with a used one. If anyone has contacts for salvaged car dealers, please help. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks