Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2004, 17:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys.
I use Indianoil Xtra premium which I believe is 91 octane.
What would be the difference in performance if I go for 93 octane? My primary reason for filling 91 is because I sign an indent while filling gas (from India Garage and they have 91 octane Xtra premium only) and bill comes to my office at the end of the month.
Do I need to bother about this or be happy with Xtra premium?
Old 27th July 2004, 19:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

i also prefer IOC Xtra Prem 91 oct.. gives smoother engine and slightly better acc and mileage in Ikon.. and yes i use the injector cleaner liq also.. dont think its got any octane booster in it..
Old 28th July 2004, 22:07   #33
BHPian

i agree with jaggu,even i prefer ioc xtra premium getting better results in my santro using it.
Old 29th July 2004, 21:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Speed 93 all the way.Keeps the car smooth.
I remember fuelling on Power 1ce on my friends lancer.Was a damn jerky ride and sumhow the car felt a lil heavy.But on my Opel it was pretty ok.I guess the car is anyways heavy,so maybe i cud`nt spot mucha difference.
And Xtra Premium,Gosh needless to even talk bout it.(no offence to the regular users here)
Hey Dom,thnx for the info on Octane 120.Was great.Wud luv to try it out 1ce in Mumbai.Have tried Octane 97 though on my friends Aristo,and it seems awesome!

Keep Rockin!

Old 29th July 2004, 23:01   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ July 29 2004,19:44)]And Xtra Premium,Gosh needless to even talk bout it.(no offence to the regular users here)
Need proper explanation for why are you saying this.
I haven't seen any problem with Xtra so far. The point which I had made earlier was to know if there any difference if I use 93 octane as oppose to 91.
Thanks.
Old 30th July 2004, 23:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rudra,the reason is that after i filled up my tank with Xtra,i experienced a terrible ride wit lots of jerks.Once the tank was empty, i shifted to Speed 93,but had the same problem.I could point out nothing as i had recently bout 15-20 days ago changed my oil,oil filter and fuel filter.I visited my mechanic,n they advised me to change the fuel filter again.Had no option.Thankfully it was back to smooth ride after that.And the also asked me to stick wit Speed.

A friend of mine still uses Xtra on his zen,and he has experienced no problems till date.But i still fail to understand the problem on using it in my car.Even my mechguy had no proper explanation of how this happened.

P.s : Maybe it happened cos of shiftin from 93 to Xtra and back to 93.Dont know if its possible though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks