Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:01   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My 2017 Ecosport DCT has started showing mild juddering sometimes at low speeds. It is like when the accelerator input is mild due to traffic and the car gets confused with the gearbox. It is similar to the judder that you get in a manual car when you start releasing the clutch but do not press the accelerator enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I have a 2015 AT with 80k on the ODO and facing trouble with the DCT transmission. Apparently the oil seal gave away causing the transmission oil to leak, subsequently causing internal corrosion on some parts of the transmission. Have been quoted 80k for the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
I own a 2013 Ecosport AT with 30k in the odometer.

Previous Sunday while in a slow-moving traffic I experienced jerking/shuddering in low gears (something you feel going too slow in 3/4 gear in a manual). While the car didn't stop, there was almost no power to move. I switched to S mode and tried to use the manual gear shift which unfortunately didn't improve anything.
This is the thread for DCT problems with the Ecosport. Atrocious for owners to have to endure this kind of torture for such low mileage vehicles!
Old 4th November 2020, 09:42   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My 2017 Ecosport DCT has started showing mild juddering sometimes at low speeds. It is like when the accelerator input is mild due to traffic and the car gets confused with the gearbox. It is similar to the judder that you get in a manual car when you start releasing the clutch but do not press the accelerator enough. Is this something I should worry about? From what I have read, this judder is normal for a DCT box but I just wanted to be safe since my car is still under warranty. It is only seen at low speeds, otherwise the car moves flawlessly.
I've had the juddering for two years on my '16 EcoSport and the ASC brushed it off as normal behavior. Until last year when the Lead SA at a new ASC acknowledged the problem and said Ford has/had a FSA about it. He promptly changed a few parts (I can't recall what exactly - I remember discussing this with Viddy) and the problem vanished.

Do you have the Ford Owners' app? It actually shows the two FSAs (related the DCT parts replacement) for my VIN. Check with Ford / ASC - this should be a straightforward replacement.

A member from Pune with a Figo DCT (same engine + gearbox) also had a TCM issue - Ford tightened up the ASC for not tending to it. I haven't got the exact details yet but seems like Ford is resolving this without much trouble.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 15:03   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Do you have the Ford Owners' app? It actually shows the two FSAs (related the DCT parts replacement) for my VIN. Check with Ford / ASC - this should be a straightforward replacement.
Thanks for this information. I just downloaded the app and registered. But it doesn't show any such notification or perhaps I couldn't locate one. Do you remember where were these mentioned in the app? Due to the covid pandemic and infrequent nature of the issue, I will wait till my next service to address this issue also. Also there is a column about service history in the app. It shows all my services except the most recent one done a couple of months back. Do we have to remind the service centre to update the same every time in the app?

Now that we are talking about this issue, I recall another issue that happened 2-3 months back. So my father started the car in the morning to drive to work and approx. 200 meters from the house, the car simply stopped responding to throttle input. He tried shifting the gear to N and P and back to D mode but it didn't respond to throttle input at all. Instead, it just cruised at the minimum speed that the car does when slotted into D. He called me and turned back the car. I couldn't spot any error codes and simply shut down the car and restarted it. Surprisingly this made the problem go away and it started behaving normally again. The problem never occurred again and hence I ignored it. Can this be related to the juddering that has started coming now on occasions?

Last edited by drmohitg : 4th November 2020 at 15:05.
Old 4th November 2020, 15:07   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for this information. I just downloaded the app and registered. But it doesn't show any such notification or perhaps I couldn't locate one. Do you remember where were these mentioned in the app?
It's on the top left (before "My EcoSport". I can' see it now because the dealer probably marked my car as complete. Just call your dealer and this should be sorted. I'd suggest getting it done asap rather than wait for the next service.

The Pune member I mentioned earlier got his TCM replaced free of cost under goodwill.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 14:02   #50
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km

My Father's 2016 Ecosport T+ has the same issue it seems. When he started the car in the morning, had the transmission malfunction indicator lit up. He called up the service center and RSA towed the car to the service station.
The car started normally, and dad could bring it up the parking ramp normally but didn't drive much further.
Fingers crossed!
Old 6th November 2020, 18:52   #51
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
My Father's 2016 Ecosport T+ has the same issue it seems. When he started the car in the morning, had the transmission malfunction indicator lit up
Update on the above, apparently the battery was on its last legs and was not giving proper voltage to the TCM and other electronics. Surprisingly, the car starts perfectly in one go and is driven almost daily 10-15 kms so discharge due to non usage can be ruled out. Car will be back tomorrow after service
Old 7th November 2020, 10:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Update on the above, apparently the battery was on its last legs and was not giving proper voltage to the TCM and other electronics.
Did the ASC give you a photo/proof of the battery & alternator health/load test report, or are you believing what the ASC has told you, blindly?

How old is the vehicle & battery?
Old 8th November 2020, 01:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Did the ASC give you a photo/proof of the battery & alternator health/load test report, or are you believing what the ASC has told you, blindly?

How old is the vehicle & battery?
Not sure of the proof of alternator health, but the battery is stock (4 years old), so yeah looks like battery is weak. Dad lives in different city, so I haven't been to the service center. Car is back, working fine as of yet so looks like issue is fixed but have asked dad to keep an eye out for any symptoms / issues
Grease_Monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 12:03   #54
BHPian

We own a 2014 Ecosport AT(DCT) which is currently at Ford ASS for a transmission related problem. The car has run about 50000KM till now. It is being used by our driver for the last one year and has done some amount of running in the lockdown because of non availability of public transport. It typically runs about 250KM a week, four trips of 60km in a week. Lockdown traffic being low in Bangalore it does Jayanagar to Whitefield in about an hour and 15minutes that would take more than 2 hours before. It now returns a little over 10KMPL now with these traffic conditions against a little over 8KMPL in bumper to bumper traffic.
We never did have any trouble with the car but in the last six months there were 2 times when the car would not start and the driver called me from my wife's office. I had to call the RSA and had it jump started(the battery is new and under warranty). I put it down to some trouble with the transmission that it had not reset due to no brake pressure. The driver spends a lot of time in the car and may have rested his leg on the brake pedal leading to a loss of vacuum pressure. The transmission checks for brake pressure before shifting to park or drive. We did send it to the ASS after the first episode and the car came back with a clean bill of health for the transmission and the battery.
The second episode happened 3 days before a planned road trip and hence decided to complete a pending service and a thorough checkup for ECU and TCM. We did go on the roadtrip of 1500KM and the car performed flawlessly through highways and ghat roads. Once back in Bangalore and a couple of office trips it showed up a Transmission fault and was taken to the ASS.
They called me to say that the fault is with the TCM and Ford will cover these gear boxes under warranty. The ASS has ordered the part and expects it to come in a week, further there is a possibility that the clutches need to be replaced as they may have been damaged due to the faulty TCM.
Just thought I will post this and will surely update on the progress. Glad to know Ford still stands by its product but would it not be better to replace TCMs proactively? It would atleast prevent the clutch wear on the transmission.
Old 11th August 2021, 01:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here replaced the transmission fluid in their DCTs yet? We have one thats done 100K kms and I believe its due time for a replacement. I don't believe the sealed-for-lifetime claims. Every FASS i spoke to has no clue about this and state that the regular MT gear oil is perfectly fine to use in DCT.

WHich oil did you use and where did you source it from? Does the refill also require a filter replacement?
Old 31st May 2022, 09:06   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
We own a 2014 Ecosport AT(DCT) which is currently at Ford ASS for a transmission related problem. .
How is the transmission working now, and what problems have you faced in the last 2 years? Also how long is the warranty cover by Ford for the transmission?
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:52   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarG View Post
How is the transmission working now, and what problems have you faced in the last 2 years? Also how long is the warranty cover by Ford for the transmission?
Hi,
The transmission is doing fine now @69000 kms. The warranty is for 10 years or 100000 kms. What I have figured is that the transmission is very sensitive to battery health as it needs a good current as all the solenoids and clutch motors are electric. The Motorcraft batteries that come with the car are rubbish and 2 of them failed without warning leaving me stranded. I also noticed that the transmission would act up after a long trip where a lot of night driving was done. I have an aftermarket Amaron now and the gearbox is working flawlessly, even if mainly driven by our driver. Infact it seems to get better with more miles on it.

Regards
Sandeep Singri
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks