Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 12:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Hi guys!

My vento 2013's injector cylinder 1 has failed. Trying to get in touch with Mr. Abilash of Saravana diesels. The contact numbers in Google don't seem to be working. Does anyone have their contact details?

Or would you recommend someone else to check the injector? I have a FNG who is willing to remove the injector and send it to where I ask the to.
Old 14th December 2020, 13:33   #32

Hi,

can anyone recommend a reliable FNG in Mumbai for servicing/repairing the fuel injector on my VW Polo 2014 TDI 1.5? Volkswagen has given me a hefty replacement bill, which I would like to avoid if possible. Thanks!
Old 6th March 2021, 07:31   #33

Hi All,

I recently had a similar issue with my 2018 GT TDI, while on the Mumbai Pune Expressway, The engine lost power, the glow light started flashing and the car was lugging. This was immediately after getting a full tank of diesel at the expressway.
Since it was the middle of the expressway I had to get the car towed to VW Wakad. I asked them if it could be the fuel but they denied it.
Upon inspection, I was told that there was a problem with injector #3 and had to get it replaced out of warranty. The new injector now has a 2 year warranty but it set me back by 23k.
Does anyone know any reliable mechanic in Mumbai who can work on VWs for future reference.
Since there are 3 more injectors probably waiting to fail and if that happens I will be looking at a bill of around 75k
sidsawant328 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:12   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumaran93R View Post
Hi guys!

My vento 2013's injector cylinder 1 has failed. Trying to get in touch with Mr. Abilash of Saravana diesels. The contact numbers in Google don't seem to be working. Does anyone have their contact details?

Or would you recommend someone else to check the injector? I have a FNG who is willing to remove the injector and send it to where I ask the to.
Hey Kumaran,

I got one of my injectors changed from Saravana Diesels for my Rapid 1.6 TDi, a few years back. Unluckily, my injectors couldn't be recovered and had to be replaced.

Here is Mr. Abilash's number - 9986446158.
Fire0072 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 14:56   #35
BHPian

My 2013 Vento TDI 1.6 has forced me to visit Saravana Diesels. I took the car to them on Thursday (15 Apr '21). Knocking started on 14 Apr 21 while returning from Jayanagar. After seeing recommendations for Saravana Diesels I thought I'd visit them. On the way I find the sign of pump also flashing along with coil sign. Since Abhilash went out on urgent task I had to leave the car there. They probably started looking at it yesterday.

Summary: One injector kaput - will be serviced with some parts changed, better service the other three injectors. Also Actuator and a few parts like "calib shim" and washers will be replaced. Total estimate ~ 20K. I decided to go for it given that I bought a used car and replacing one injector a year ago has not helped much. I really hope this overhaul keeps it in better shape.
Old 28th April 2021, 23:21   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
My 2013 Vento TDI 1.6 has forced me to visit Saravana Diesels. I took the car to them on Thursday (15 Apr '21). Knocking started on 14 Apr 21 while returning from Jayanagar. After seeing recommendations for Saravana Diesels I thought I'd visit them. On the way I find the sign of pump also flashing along with coil sign. Since Abhilash went out on urgent task I had to leave the car there. They probably started looking at it yesterday.

Summary: One injector kaput - will be serviced with some parts changed, better service the other three injectors. Also Actuator and a few parts like "calib shim" and washers will be replaced. Total estimate ~ 20K. I decided to go for it given that I bought a used car and replacing one injector a year ago has not helped much. I really hope this overhaul keeps it in better shape.
After the injector replacement on my 1.6 TDi Rapid, I've been extra cautious by making sure to maintain my fuel levels, and I never let it go to reserve. I also get the oil service done much before the service interval.
The car has now completed over a lakh Km's and has been reliable to date without any issues. So I'm guessing preventive maintenance has played quite a bit of a role here.

Also, Wishing you countless happy miles with your Vento.

Stay safe.
Fire0072 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 09:42   #37
BHPian

Bumping this thread.
Unfortunately my Vento has succumbed to this dreadful issue - Injector 4 Error.
However, the two FNG's around my place which I visit for the usual service/repairs, both had sort of a tone of found a nice candidate to rip-off.

Wanted to get it cross-checked with someone reliable. Can anyone recommend a FNG in either Mumbai or Thane ? Will help big time!
Old 3rd January 2022, 14:41   #38
BHPian

Car managed to give me a late christmas present.
FML

Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing-img_20220103_143407.jpg

Anyone know what this will cost to fix? I'm guessing its going to be more than before due to covid.
Old 20th January 2022, 00:55   #39
BHPian

Got the dreaded Injector Failure right when I had to go for a doctor appointment. I think these injectors just fail and fuel quality issues are a myth.
My 6 year old Rapid 1.5 DSG has mostly been on a diet of shell diesel and a few full tanks of power diesel in the mix. I do fill up in BP very rarely when on outstation trips.

The car was absolutely fine in the morning for the 15 or so KMs it ran. I just took it in the afternoon and an injector went kaput after 4 kms with all the related shuddering and power loss.
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:20   #40
BHPian

Would the forum recommend getting all the 4 fuel injectors serviced as a preventive measure? I own a 8 year old Skoda Rapid elegance 1.6l tdi. 84k covered. All my fuel injectors are from the OK series, 2015 make. Had to replace fuel injector 2 last year and got a refurbished continental one. But am apprehensive taking the car for long trips of 1000 kms and above, dreading the glow sign lighting up the dashboard.

So would the experts on this forum recommend a servicing of the fuel injectors? My local FNG has quoted me 1500 per injector, for cleaning and servicing.

And btw it would really help if anyone from Pune could suggest a competent service center in the Pimpri Chinchwad area.
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:02   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloneatma View Post
Would the forum recommend getting all the 4 fuel injectors serviced as a preventive measure? I own a 8 year old Skoda Rapid elegance 1.6l tdi. 84k covered. All my fuel injectors are from the OK series, 2015 make. Had to replace fuel injector 2 last year and got a refurbished continental one. But am apprehensive taking the car for long trips of 1000 kms and above, dreading the glow sign lighting up
the dashboard.

My injector #3 went off nearly two years ago and I thought the same. But hesitated because of the cost. As I did not go for longer than 300km drives, I took the risk to run with the 3 old injectors. Luckily none has failed yet. I am also running good quality diesel with System-D / LiquiMoly Diesel additives often to keep the injectors clean.
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:23   #42
BHPian

Likewise I only fill Shell diesel and it's held me in good stead. Once while returning from Goa I had to fill the tank in Varca and the fuel station kinda looked decrepit but I had no choice as the one in Cavelossim was shut. Come Satara and my fuel injector gave up and my car couldn't cross 60kmph. Managed to crawl back to Pune. Want to make another long distance road trip but am riddled with apprehension.
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Shrijit Nair for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi,

I am using a Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDI since 2015 and this is regarding the continuous Injector failures making the car extremely unreliable.

On Feb 22 this year, while driving from Kerala to Bangalore, suddenly the glow plug and check engine warning light popped up and the car went into 'Limp Mode'. Since the VW Salem service centre was just 5 km, drove in limp mode to SC and reached Bangalore by bus.

The service centre investigated the issue and called me the next morning to inform me that the 4th injector has gone kaput and needed to be replaced and that it would cost approximately 25,000/- for replacement.

Rewind to 2018, I had faced the same issue during my drive from Bangalore to Kerala and the 3rd injector was replaced under warranty in VW Coimbatore.

After fixing the 4th injector in VW Salem, the car had not even run 500 km and it again broke down during a drive from Bangalore to Kerala in the middle of nowhere. Since the nearest service centre was more than 100 km, had to tow the car to VW Whitefield in Bangalore.

A scan reveals that the 3rd injector (The one which was fixed in 2018 in VW Coimbatore) had failed again.

Please note that I have always filled fuel from reliable fuel outlets like Shell and COCO outlets. It's beyond my understanding how can an injector can fail in just 4 years (in the last 2 years it has run very low due to the pandemic).

How did the 3rd injector which was replaced in VW Coimbatore fail in 4 years? All the SC can do is blindly blame the fuel quality. They also have outright rejected my request for a Goodwill warranty and given me a quote of Rs 28K to replace the injector. I am now scared to drive the car fearing when the other injectors will fail and lead to a breakdown!
Old 13th February 2023, 08:59   #44

This is my first post in these forums, ever! So here goes ,

My 2017 Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG has of late developed a very pronounced clatter or ‘clack’ or more elaborately an extra click in the usual diesel clatter of the engine. The car has done 1,05,000Kms and is fully serviced with the ASS in Goa.

I’ve shown this to the SA and they insist it’s normal, now I’ve been using the car everyday since 2017 and I know exactly when she needs a dose of Liqui Moly injector cleaner or a simple tyre air pressure check or a calliper greasing / cleaning.

I feel the injector(s) is or are in their way out as the car is also under performing below 2,500RPM, mainly because of the extra ‘clack’ and there’s a bit of hesitation in lower gear up-shifts and a considerable loss of power in the lower power band. Pass 2500rpm and the car opens up (not to be mistaken for turbo lag) ..

Now I’m a in a fix, do I argue with ASS as car is still under warranty or take it to the Bosch workshop & get the injectors services and probably loose warranty in the bargain ?

Anyone faced this problem before ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th February 2023, 11:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTsi View Post
This is my first post in these forums, ever! So here goes ,

Thanks in advance.
Suggest you try the extra green diesel by indian oil for a few tank fulls. You will get it next to toyota showroom petrol pump on verna highway.
I have found this fuel to work really well and helps with the engine being eager to perform and also engine sound reducing to a great extent.

If it still doesn't help then look at other options. Hemkiran diesels in kolhapur does a wonderful job of overhauling injectors a bit expensive but job is well done. You will have to remove the injectors and send them by bus to kolhapur or else take a break and drive down to kolhapur on a friday and get the job done there. I have got my sx4 diesel injectors and injection pump overhauled from them.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks