Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 18:21   #31
BHPian

This time around i am in a fix like this. The scenario is as follows;

Day 1: Car starts in the morning, keeps running normally till up to a point and then stops. Engine won't start. Do nothing for 5 minutes, then crank again, and she starts and runs fine.

Day 2: Exactly the same as above. It even stops exactly at the same distance as Day 1.

So now its at the garage. My mechanic informs me that it's an issue with the Crank Sensor. Hearing the word "sensor" gives me a sense that this is going to be an expensive ordeal.

Is there any other reason why this must be happening?
Old 16th December 2008, 18:23   #32
Team-BHP Support

Sounds like a Vapor lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 21st December 2008, 20:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
This time around i am in a fix like this. The scenario is as follows;

Day 1: Car starts in the morning, keeps running normally till up to a point and then stops. Engine won't start. Do nothing for 5 minutes, then crank again, and she starts and runs fine.

Day 2: Exactly the same as above. It even stops exactly at the same distance as Day 1.

So now its at the garage. My mechanic informs me that it's an issue with the Crank Sensor. Hearing the word "sensor" gives me a sense that this is going to be an expensive ordeal.

Is there any other reason why this must be happening?

was facing similar problems with my 1.6 too where it cranks but doesnt start and after half an hour it starts like nothing happened.

TASS have given back the vehicle saying that its due to clogged spark plugs and they have cleaned it but could this be a cause ? will use it for a few days and see what happens
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:44   #34
BHPian

A quick update guys. The car is back from repairs and I must say it runs like a dream. The problem was as follows;

Initial diagnosis was that the Crank sensor was damaged - got that changed. Apparently the check engine light in the IP was still on. Further investigations revealed that since the car was running on LPG for a long time the valves had a problem and there was some problem in the heads too. As a result one cylinder was not working too.

The mechanic opened up the heads, cleaned them, new valves were put, fuel injectors cleaned. Took 4 days for this and cost was bit of a shocker, but the car is smooth as silk. Even better than what it was when i bought it. Additionally i have been advised not to drive the car on LPG for a few days. I think i am enjoying the drive on petrol, and there is a bleak chance that i may go back to using LPG.

Got to wait and watch.

Last edited by iceman7 : 23rd December 2008 at 12:46.
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys ,

My Palio S10 battery conked off last month , I put in a new Tata Green.
Now the issue is few days back the battery died, the Tata Green guys recharged it and installed.
They checked the alternator was charging 14+ while idle, even with A/C head light one it was giving 13.9 odd.

Now after that i drove about 20+ Kms this morning, the battery not charging light stays on, though it goes out for few seconds ,but it again comes up !

I have not taken it to A>S>S but what could it be ??

(This is the same S10 which BHPian Amit had , so modds i dint want to start another thread)

Last edited by karizma_devil : 23rd August 2009 at 14:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks