Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 15:39   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DQ200 DSG: Fun or reliability - You can't have both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Santosh, just posted on the Octy thread but reposting here:
My Octy is now at 37k km and I can hear a mild 'puk' sound on some DSG up-shifts (seems to be restricted to 4-5 & 5-6) and only when driven aggressively.

Hope DSG failure not on the cards. Any ideas?
Oh no! not the dreaded 'puk'! With great regret we have to inform you that your DSG is dying. Just kidding .

How loud is it? Windows down or up? Normally the upshifts are very quiet and more so the higher gears. It's the downshifts that are sometimes accompanied by a clunk. The dry clutch DQ200 is pretty noisy and clanky by nature. When I drive with windows down in my GTI, I can hear the gear box clatterring away whenever the road gets uneven. Same was case in the GT TSI.

BTW my GT TSI at 25k kms had its first shudder about a couple of months back. Cold start conditions and the gear box shuddered from 1 to 2. Happened again the next morning, again cold start. Dreaded the worst, but it hasn't happened after that. THe car is used sparingly nowadays (just 7 to 8 days a month). So you can say that the car hasn't done that in the past 16 days of usage. Car will be out of warranty in a couple of months. Looks like VW program the gear box to fail just when the warranty is about to end. Another VW scam?
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 20:12   #47
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI: DSG failure, quoted Rs. 1.17 lakhs for repair!

Guys what can be a better thread for enquiring about Volkswagen Polo TSI. I am eyeing on an automatic car which will be driven by my wife and sometimes by me as well. I took test drive of i20 asta CVT today and was not impressed with the drive. It was just fine with nothing special to mention. I have planned a test drive for TSI in this weekend but the horror stories of volkswagen make me think twice before taking plunge. Any suggestions?
Old 30th January 2019, 22:23   #48
BHPian

Hello all,

I have GT TSI from the first lot, so obviously out of warranty. It has ran 47k kms. Multiclutch, flywheel and mechatronic were replaced last month. I was charged a discounted rate of Rs 1,02,000 for total work. They said that they have replaced mechatronic under goodwill and have not charged a single rupee for labour. I am happy with the work done but they kept my car for almost a month. My car is now as good as new.

Service manager mentioned that the reason for this failure was severe rusting of the flywheel.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 30th January 2019 at 22:28.
drjanakpatel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 15:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
Hello all,

I have GT TSI from the first lot, so obviously out of warranty. It has ran 47k kms. Multiclutch, flywheel and mechatronic were replaced last month. I was charged a discounted rate of Rs 1,02,000 for total work. They said that they have replaced mechatronic under goodwill and have not charged a single rupee for labour. I am happy with the work done but they kept my car for almost a month. My car is now as good as new.

Service manager mentioned that the reason for this failure was severe rusting of the flywheel.
So out of goodwill they did not charge you the labour cost, but they did include the charges for the physical parts. Can you share the breakup as to how much does mechatronic part individually costs? I am just curious to know how much will I be charged if at all it comes to that?
Old 1st February 2019, 15:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
So out of goodwill they did not charge you the labour cost, but they did include the charges for the physical parts. Can you share the breakup as to how much does mechatronic part individually costs? I am just curious to know how much will I be charged if at all it comes to that?
SA mentioned that mechatronic is somewhere around 90k. Clutch is around 77k and flywheel around 25k. They did charge me for clutch and flywheel, as they are wear and tear parts.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 1st February 2019 at 15:53.
drjanakpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 16:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SA mentioned that mechatronic is somewhere around 90k. Clutch is around 77k and flywheel around 25k. They did charge me for clutch and flywheel, as they are wear and tear parts.
But surprised why the flywheel rusted in the first place and that too at 47k km? Isn't it a totally sealed unit unless dismantled in a workshop? Sounds like a manufacturing defect in the first place.
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
But surprised why the flywheel rusted in the first place and that too at 47k km? Isn't it a totally sealed unit unless dismantled in a workshop? Sounds like a manufacturing defect in the first place.
I had driven my car in knee deep water once. Water had entered the AC vents. That could be the reason. Or as you say, it could be a manufacturing defect. I don't know.
Old 17th July 2019, 20:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Hello, could you please help me out with the symptoms that your car had before changing the gearbox? My Oct 2013 polo TSi (40k km) is giving me some issues (jerking under acceleration, clattering at ~2000 rpm. The issues get amplified under load).

My FNG is going to "synchronise" the gearbox this weekend. If that fails, he says we'll have to replace the clutch. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Last edited by mango_pal : 17th July 2019 at 20:54.
Old 17th July 2019, 23:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Hello, could you please help me out with the symptoms that your car had before changing the gearbox? My Oct 2013 polo TSi (40k km) is giving me some issues (jerking under acceleration, clattering at ~2000 rpm. The issues get amplified under load).

My FNG is going to "synchronise" the gearbox this weekend. If that fails, he says we'll have to replace the clutch. Hope it doesn't come to that.
Initially I noticed clatter during acceleration. Which gradually increased and atlast the car won't slot in the R gear. Had to try a couple of times before the car would start moving in R.

If you are having clatter during acceleration then check the flywheel. Most probably it will be the culprit. Rustig of the flywheel will lead to clutch failure.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 17th July 2019 at 23:58.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks