Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 22:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Also when they do change the headlights, ensure that they remove the bumper to do it. Else it will damage the bumper or the lights or both.
Thanks for this tip. Was not aware. Will be present the whole time it is done and will ensure that the bumper is removed for the headlight fitment.
Old 9th September 2017, 15:40   #47
BHPian

I have the Figo S and Ecosport A/T with me, and thankfully haven't faced any such issues yet with the headlamps. Looked closely, but yet to find these spots. Will keep you all updated if I were to face this issue.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 9th September 2017, 23:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

My decade-old Fiesta does not have this issue. But when I looked closely, I could spot what appears to be a hole under the bulb. It is there in the same spot on the other headlamp too. Both are so symmetrical that I think they are by design. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

I wonder if that hole is meant to dissipate heat?
Old 11th September 2017, 17:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Headlamps Replaced:
  • Reached the dealership around 09:15 on Saturday.
  • The CRM informed the security guard to allow the vehicle inside as they do not allow any vehicle without appointment.
  • Inventory of the vehicle was done and job card prepared to replace the headlamps in warranty.
  • Vehicle went inside by around 09:50.
  • Replacement completed by 11:10 after first inspection by the technician who performed the work.
  • It was again rechecked by another senior technician and the vehicle ready by 11:20.
  • Billing of 0 was prepared and feedback taken.
  • Drove out of the service center at 11:30.
The experience was very good and though it was a Saturday and the service center had more than the usual work load, i was attended to promptly and the work carried out quickly. There were only 2 out of 5 service advisors present but still the person assigned to me ensured i was appraised of the progress and he also took me to the vehicle after the replacement to verify. Impressed with the way the replacement was handled by Elite Ford Mahadevapura.
abhinav.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 18:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

A quick question to other owners who have posted the pictures here. Anyone has got the warranty replacement done recently? Any hassles with the process so far?
Old 15th September 2017, 23:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My decade-old Fiesta does not have this issue. But when I looked closely, I could spot what appears to be a hole under the bulb. It is there in the same spot on the other headlamp too. Both are so symmetrical that I think they are by design. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

I wonder if that hole is meant to dissipate heat?
My apologies. I saw the headlamps under broad daylight today, and nothing seems to be amiss. I've posted the pictures in my LTO thread. Links below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...915_105832.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...xi-image-3.jpg

The symmetrical holes I was referring to earlier are the bulbs on the lower part!

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th September 2017 at 23:19.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 12:43   #52
AYP
Senior - BHPian

This is a very real issue and even my 2 month old Figo has these white patches. This points to nothing but the poor quality of the headlights and the reflectors and poor choice of vendor by Ford. Even though I will get them replaced during my upcoming first service, I doubt if the replacement units would be any different.

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-20171110_210542.jpg

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-20171110_210608.jpg
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 09:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A quick question to other owners who have posted the pictures here. Anyone has got the warranty replacement done recently? Any hassles with the process so far?
I have got them replaced twice and others have as well. But apparently now they are dilly-dallying.

And a few are reporting the problem with the replaced lights as well.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 19:19   #54

I was looking forward to buying the facelift aspire and therefore stumble upon this thread.I wanted to make sure that the issue has been rectified or not,for which I Contacted Ford Customer Care where a call was arranged with Mr. Zakir from the Service Team.He acknowledged the issue and stated that the issue was with certain batch of vehicles and the same has been corrected in the new facelift model after getting various feedback from the customer end.
Ronak_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 19:58   #55
BHPian

It's been 6 months since I have got the 3rd set of replacement on my March 2017 manufactured Aspire TDCi & since then it's holding absolutely fine.

No more burning spot.

Usually with previous replacements, issue started to pop up within couple of weeks & gradually became more pronounced over the months. Where as this last set is more than 6 months now & I can safely say, this set is free of the issue. Absolutely no such marking appearing.

Even if one ends up facing the issue, Ford is really good in giving warranty replacement. Sure they will definitely check if you have done any bulb replacement or any electrical modification or not.

In my car, I got 3 replacement within 2 years of usage. Ford ASS didn't create any problem in giving warranty apart from thoroughly checking for any electrical modification.

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 26th September 2019 at 20:00. Reason: Fixing stupid mobile keyboard auto correct typos
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 09:59   #56
BHPian

Am looking at getting a figo too, the facelift version. A little skeptical after this thread. However. When I spoke to the SA at the showroom, he assured me that this has been rectified in the facelift version..!

Also, any freestyle owners having similar issues?

Last edited by sooshan : 11th November 2019 at 10:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks