Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 12:49   #31
BHPian

My two cents on most of the topics going on thus far in this thread:

Alto mileage:
Let me start off by saying that I'm very envious of the mileage figures u guys are getting. I can only dream about these figures (besides my other dreams of 'curvaceous figures' ) in my Ikon 1.6.

Alto ECU upgrade:
There are aftermarket ECUs available for various cars in India, but I didn't think the Alto was one of them. Unless you're importing a tuneable ECU from somewhere....modules like these would cost no less than Rs. 20k.

K&N effect:
I'm not going to start evangelizing the benefits of any open-air intake/filter (not only K&N), but I will say this - yes, it's beneficial, esp. for cars with restricted air intake areas. In my view, it's even better to go in for a custom intake pipe (bigger gauge) along with a conical/replacement filter.
@Vid: I'm surprised u say that mileage has dropped inyour lancer after putting a K&N filter. what kinda filter did u put in? I'm no expert, but I think it's your ECU compensating for the additional air by spraying out more fuel. I wonder if an ECU reset would help, or if it's best to wait for your ECU to relearn. Other than that, are u sure u're not just flooring the pedal more often to hear that beautiful intake sound?!
Old 11th January 2007, 20:22   #32
BHPian

had bought a conical filter from RAMY in 03. their tele no in dxb was +971 4 2698138, and in abu dhabi was + 971 2 4490223. you could have your bro talk to the guys there.
Old 19th January 2007, 18:18   #33

Hi,

Anybody has done KN filter for a LPG opel COrsa 1.4 GLS...appreciate if somebody could give a review

thanks
Old 19th January 2007, 23:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
i have recently upgraded my ecu to sports ecu for a better pickup on my alto as the acceleration of this car is very much flawed !
dude where did you get a sports ecu for a Alto.. ? I thought there is no one in the world who even makes anything sporty for a 3 cylinder engine
which ECU is it ? what else did you modify apart from the ECU ?
I had such a tough time even getting a tacho for a 3 cylinder ..how did you manage to get an ECU.. ? is it custom made ?
Old 20th January 2007, 01:28   #35
BHPian

thanks air870, i just saw ur post now, but i had contaceted ramy's earlier by mail, but they don;t have that filter, and they said they can have it in 4- 6 weeks and it cost like 250Dhs, thats like 2700Rs approx.
But my bro's coming next week, bad luck i guess.
Old 20th January 2007, 17:59   #36
BHPian

K&N Filters do assist in better fuel efficiency but this is kind of negated as the person driving the car after K&N filter tends to floor it often just to listen the sweet sound of the intake.

Well I have suffered from low mileage due to the above and learnt the lesson the hard way.

cheers

Most Viewed