Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 11:13   #631
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Hello doctor Naren, I own a ford freestyle 1.5 TDCi . I have a doubt regarding Remap and Tuner box(Race dynamics Dieseltronic). May I please know which one would be more beneficial among these two . I don't think I would be doing a stage 2 upgrade in future . I have tried reading many threads and also YouTube videos , but not able to come to a conclusion . Your suggestions would be more valuable .
Hey,

I am going to give you suggestions based on my experience with my 2016 Figo 1.5 Tdci running a stage 2+ map with hardware upgrades.

A tuner box in its essence is just plug and play and generic in nature. It will learn about the car once its plugged in and will not take into account the age of the car, kms run, etc. Therefore, you may have some parts wherein the wear and tear would increase as some other parts may be weaker.

I suggest you go for a Wolf Motorsport Stage 1 tune.
Not only does it increase the driveability and easily accessible power, you also do get a proper strong mid range.
Best aspect, no extra load, wear and tear or impact on the engine.

I have measured various parameters such as engine oil temp, coolant temp, boost, etc both pre and post remaps from EvoTech (Lap47), Quantum UK, Code6 and Wolf and I can say with confidence that only Wolf and Quantum are the real deal.

Speak to Jayant from Engineering Exponent, Bangalore, or Joe from Wolf Moto and you yourself will be filled with confidence to go ahead for a map rather than a plug and play box.
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 20:08   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Hello doctor Naren, I own a ford freestyle 1.5 TDCi . I have a doubt regarding Remap and Tuner box(Race dynamics Dieseltronic). May I please know which one would be more beneficial among these two . I don't think I would be doing a stage 2 upgrade in future . I have tried reading many threads and also YouTube videos , but not able to come to a conclusion . Your suggestions would be more valuable .
Good remap is better than tuning box. I would suggest Wolf Moto for Ford
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 17:02   #633
Senior - BHPian

I use a 2015 B class 200d (W246) as my daily driver for about 70 kms/ day in Bengaluru. Occasional outstation trips - 2-3 per year.

I was inspired by the ECU remaps done by several VAG owners, and also a recent post by a Hector owner who seem to be comfortable using their cars as a daily driver.

Question to other owners of Mercs, have anyone of you sone Stage 1 Remaps in your cars. A quick search on Google refers to Quantum tuning who offer an amazing improvement in power and torque.

Will it cause any real world issues? Fuel efficiency can drop by how much? everyday drivability will suffer? Reliability issues? Am particularly worried about the EGR delete.

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-screenshot-20230819-12.10.58-am.png
Old 11th September 2023, 18:52   #634

Hello - What would be the best remap methodology for Tata Harrier with Fiat Multijet 2.0 engine?

Should I go for a bench remap or an OBD?

Wolf suggesting bench, though they are experts at it, I am a little circumspect since its like an open heart surgery. My car has travelled 45k in 1.5 years.

Any Harrier owners who remapped their babies? Any suggestions?
Old 19th September 2023, 00:39   #635

Hello experts,

I had already asked this query in a different thread and git a prompt reply as well. However I have come across this thread only now, so asking it here, again. I feel this is a better place to ask my query.

I am from Pune and looking to get my SCross 1.6D Remappped.
Mine is a June 2015 manufactured and I bought it from a fantastic gentleman in Jan 2023.

I have read very good reviews about Wolfmoto and Code6. While searching for tuners in Pune I came across Quantum Tunings too. I was very much inclined towards Wolf since the beginning however they don't have a setup in Pune while the other 2 have. I think having a local presence is very imp in case anything untoward happens immediately or after few days/weeks.

What do you all think? And I would highly appreciate if anybody has any pointers about Code6, Quantum Tunings and WolfMoto for SCross 1.6D like their service, map reviews, long term remap experiences etc..?

Also, while talking to one of the tuners I was asked to get the timing belt replaced before going ahead with the remap. As far as I know, my SCross still has the stock timing belt and I actually don't mind getting it replaced if it has actually worn out. But my question is, is it really needed..? Because no other tuner had brought this point up.
Old 20th September 2023, 06:38   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionist View Post
Hello - What would be the best remap methodology for Tata Harrier with Fiat Multijet 2.0
Any Harrier owners who remapped their babies? Any suggestions?
Wolf anyday! They are experts in this ecu. Do not worry about the bench process. It's been done by them a million times and they could not go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin0384 View Post
Hello experts,
What do you all think? And I would highly appreciate if anybody has any pointers about Code6, Quantum Tunings and WolfMoto for SCross 1.6D like their service, map reviews, long term.
Go with Wolf, having driven their 1.6i would say go for them,Rajiv has mastered this ecu and his maps and support is stellar.
I have been using his maps for sx4 for over a lakh kms and they are just fantastic.
Recently got my interceptor also remapped from them.
Physical presence of the dealer once map is done is not required. These are tried and tested maps.

Yes get the timing belt replaced.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th February 2024 at 00:14. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 30th September 2023, 00:26   #637
BHPian

Planning to map the Honda city 4th gen i-Vtec to stage1+ at wolf Bangalore ( Engineering exponents )

Not expecting dramatic gains, but my stage 2 Baleno petrol has been really fun to drive so hoping for better low end and and just overall improved drivability.
Attached Thumbnails
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-b612_20230822_014658_281-1.jpg  

iBokehlicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 21:41   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
Hi Guys,

Wanted to check how many of you here have had an NA engine mapped?
I know that the power gains are nothing to write about, am more interested in the general drive of it. If the mid range improves or no?

I have been running the car on XP 95 since day 1. Car in question. Ignis 2022 model.
I have done remap for VW 1.6 MPI with Wolf. Power gains are in the range of 10-12%. But I can feel a great difference in the mid range. Acceleration in the 3rd gear is enjoyable. Love that feel. I always run XP 95
yogeshb18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 13:04   #639
BHPian

Has anyone got a Kushaq 1L TSI Manual remapped by Wolf or any other tuner of repute? If you have any feedback, it will be highly appreciated. Is the mileage impacted badly? This car returns a stellar mileage of 16-18 kmpl if driven carefully especially on the highways.

I am leaning towards a remap to get better power at lower RPM for City driving primarily. Also more power is always better if you know how to use it responsibly. The stock mid range is very strong in Kushaq 1L, and am hoping the low end and top end can also be made stronger. It can then be a daily runner car in our crazy traffic apart from being a nice tourer for interstate trips!
Old 22nd November 2023, 13:45   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Good remap is better than tuning box. I would suggest Wolf Moto for Ford
Hello Dr Naren! I live in Bombay and don’t mind traveling out of the city for a good reliable stage 1 remap for my Polo 1.5 tdi. I don’t want to make hardware changes or get an aggressive remap.

Can you please suggest some good companies in mumbai/ elsewhere too. Also, what can one expect from a stage 1 remap in terms of horse power (89 bhp stock) and torque (230 NM stock)? And also, engine noise ?
Old 1st December 2023, 13:24   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Surprised to see that nobody has fiddled with the Honda City iDtec engine
Between petes, wolf and code6
Which would the community suggest for a stage 1 remap? Just to improve city drivability

Thanks in advance
Hi , this may come a bit late, but I did get my City IDtec remapped Stage 1+ with the Wolf Moto in October 2022 and have driven about 10,000 KM post remap.

I always felt the IDtec had great low end torque and was easy to drive in the cities especially in the lower gears, but when it came to the highways, it simply lacked power, owing to the stock 100hp.

Yes, the City IDtec is tailored for hypermiling- you slot into the 6th gear, have the Rpm around 1500-1750 and speed @ 75-85 kmph, the mileage figures will make you go crazy. I have seen 31+ kmpl in my 300km inter city drives ( when it runs on the stock 175/65s )

But if you want to push beyond 90, the effort taken by the car seems perceivable and even overtaking at that speed needs planning and downshift at times.

So, I spoke to Rajeev @ Wolf who explained the benefits and we zeroed on stage 1+ , which churns out 120 HP / 250 NM. ( stock being 99 hp/ 200 NM , much lower than Verna's )

Post the remap, I could see a lot of difference in the way the car performed

There was improvement in the low end, but in the mid-end and high-end, it was just tremendous as I'd see the car would effortlessly accelerate in 6th gear after crossing the triple digit speed.

With the remapped Idtec, the City becomes a fun car to drive.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by poised2drive : 1st December 2023 at 13:29.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 20:56   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Updating the tuners list who offer remaps in India.

Hi Dr. Naren,

I own a Skoda Rapid 1.5 tdi. I am planning to do a stage 1 remap. I have shortlisted the below options. Please offer your suggestions.

1. Code 6 tuning - Available in my city. For all of the rest, I need to travel to Kochi.
2. Quantum tuning - Best pricing among all. 30 day money back trial period. Stage 1+ gains are around 25% over stock. Map will be from Quantum UK.
3. Petes - Reached out to them but they haven't called me back yet.
4. Wolf Moto - Very truthful discussion with these people. Gain would be around 18%.

Which one should I go for? I do not want the tune to be too aggressive and lose the longevity of my engine.
Old 7th January 2024, 12:37   #643

This is my first post on Team Bhp, so excited to be part of this community!

I have been following Team Bhp for the last few years especially on how to extract more performance from the car; I own a Honda City Petrol and while the iVTEC is great for highway drives, the low end torque is weak impacting in city driveability.

A bit of searching the forum here on Team Bhp led me to GT Tunerz Delhi. Akshay put me in touch with Gagan, helpful and knowledgable gentlemen who answered all my queries patiently. Installed the Quantum map and decided while it made the car feel nicer to drive, I wanted more. Also I wanted to know how much was the power and torque bump up. Hence put the car on the dynometer.

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-hcity-dyno.jpg

The real world gains at the wheel were not what I wanted so Akshay offered to put in one of his custom OEM+ maps. This map made the car feel incredibly responsive with better acceleration as well as some improvment in FE.

Stock Power - 117 BHP
Tuned Power - 134 BHP

Stock Torque - 145 NM
Tuned Torque - 151 NM

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-hcity-dynochart.jpg

I just finished a 1000km drive up into the mountains; car feels quick, just a tap on the accelerator sends it zooming off the traffic signals
HondaSport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 09:25   #644

Folks, would love to hear from anyone who has remapped their petrol i20!

I recently purchased a Pre owned i20 and the itch to upgrade is growing.

What if any improvement can be expected in acceleration, driveability and FE?
Old 13th February 2024, 00:07   #645

Hey Doctor, have fortuner 2013 AT. I want to get my beast tuned in Mumbai. Which one do you reccomend? Code 6, Superchips, Wolf?

What could go wrong is what I seek advice? Does the FE drop or improve, does braking becomes a challange?

What it does to the engine or the turbo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks